1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

using keywords as anchor text in internal link structure

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by SLM-why, Sep 14, 2006.

:eek: Is that so? does sites that use this technique are penalised?

which is better "home" or "keyword full anchor text". share your views on this.........

SLM-why, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  2. Subzero

Subzero Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would definatley say use home. You could also not just get flagged by the search engines, but your users could end up getting lost in your site.

Interlink from articles on your site and in the text. Worth much more to the user and search engine.

Regards,
    F :D

Subzero, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  3. seo-mumbai

seo-mumbai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    using keywords lot of times is not good , but still u can effectively use internal links by little reearch of keywords

seo-mumbai, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  4. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Your first priority and consideration should be from your visitor's viewpoint not search engine's viewpoint.

Mong, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  5. SLM-why

SLM-why Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, "home" seems to be a good choice as far as usability is concerned..... But does search engine really penalise the sites that use "keyword anchor text" rather than "home".... have you ever came across any example in which google penalised a site for this?

SLM-why, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  6. hooperman

hooperman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why should search engines dictate to you what you call your 'home' link? This is just a standard convention that has been adopted, it's not The Law. If I want to put "More Flibbety Jibbet Goodness" in all my links to index.htm I will, and I doubt that a search engine would penalise for it.

But there's a difference between putting "Keyword" in the anchor text and "Keyword Keyword Keyword Keyword Keyword Keyword", and the second might look suspicious.

What do you think SLM-why? Do you think that a search engine should penalise for putting "Blue WidgetS" instead of "Home"?

hooperman, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  7. SLM-why

SLM-why Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I certainly thought just like you hooperman. "home" has become a standared on web. There are many sites that use keywords in their anchor text instead of home and enjoying top rankings for that keyword..... templatemonster.com is ranked first on the keyword "website templates"..... they are using this keyword in their anchor text and are not using "home" at all...... I can think of a scheme in which "home" can be used for users with a "nofollow" and anchor text as keyword........

I would certainly like some more views on this.

SLM-why, Sep 16, 2006 IP
  8. jacksmith

jacksmith Peon

Best Answers:
    if this is the case then how does off-site seo works?

jacksmith, Sep 16, 2006 IP