1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Big or Little?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Dmoudy, May 29, 2010.

I guess the big question I have is should you invest more time into making niche sites that draw in $.10-$1.50 a day or should you focus on a few bigger sites that can draw $30 plus a day and try and put a network of 5 sites earning $30 rather than 150 earning $1.

I feel in my opinion it would be a lot easier to make a few big sites, but it would take more time to develop and would have to be treated as a baby, where the micro-niche sites are great for a short-term income but will pass after the fad for the keyword passes, I mean they have a low search volume and are easy to rank in for a reason.

Right now I am on a quest to make $100,000 in a year with ad-sense and keeping track daily of what I do, but I am trying to decide to spend my efforts making a ton of small sites, or try and develop sites and make them much bigger. I currently have 4 sites up and barely bringing in any income and I am sure it is due to traffic related issues which I am still working on getting into the top portions of page rankings to produce income. Is anyone currently bringing a nice income in with ad-sense that can think back to when they started their journey to making money? How long did it take you to get to that point of making? It is not consistent earnings yet though. I guess to sum up the post:

1.) Which are better, several small MFA sites or a few bigger sites
    2.) Where should I put my efforts?
    3.) How long did it take for you to make money with adsense consistently? (a monthly chart would be awesome so I can compare my progress)
    4.) Is there anything I can do to improve upon my current site to help a.) drive traffic , and b.) produce more with adsense?

Thanks,
    -Dmoudy
    http://www.ginormousts.com

Dmoudy, May 29, 2010 IP
  2. Ernster

Ernster Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends. There is no right or wrong way and your success will really depend on your niche and how you work, not whether your site is big or small.

I myself found making fewer sites with lots of pages is better, cheaper and makes it easier to focus. I also sleep better at night knowing there is no way Google would ban my site thinking its just MDA..

Every month my adsense income has been doubling/tripling.

Keep adding more articles/content and getting those backlinkgs and submitting EZA and you will make money easily.

Ernster, May 29, 2010 IP
  3. Dmoudy

Dmoudy Peon

Best Answers:
    Would you suggest paying for backlinks or making the naturally by writing about your sites in various places, also do you think it would be good to make small non-advertised sites with links to one main site so you can in turn set up a backlinking farm to bring traffic to the bacon earner?

Thanks,
    -Dmoudy
    ginormousts.com

Dmoudy, May 29, 2010 IP
  4. Ernster

Ernster Peon

Best Answers:
    No do not link each of the sites together, Google doesnt like that.

Don't complicate this, listen up:

Find your niche do keyword research
    Write a whole bunch of articles, write them at first, once you see results you can outsource later.
    Submit your articles to your blog only do 2 per day
    Social bookmark them
    Wait for Google to inde them
    Then submit them to EZA
    Then get backlinks to them from blogs, forums etc. DO NO Pay for backlinks, it will cost you too much
    Keep submitting content and repeat the process.

Ernster, May 29, 2010 IP
  5. Dmoudy

Dmoudy Peon

Best Answers:
    should I not link to anyone in my site then? or just not to my other sites that include my adsense

Dmoudy, May 29, 2010 IP