1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[suggestion] Infractions and more detailed information

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by looking4vps, May 26, 2010.

Would it be possible for you guys to setup where users could appeal an infraction or get more detailed information as to which mod or admin gave them an infraction so they could clarify it with that person.

looking4vps, May 26, 2010 IP
  2. PaulSch

PaulSch Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea.
    Could we have a bit more clarification about reputation too.

PaulSch, May 26, 2010 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, sorry. People need to get a lot of infractions in order to get banned.

digitalpoint, May 26, 2010 IP
  4. looking4vps

looking4vps Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm a correct in stating the the numbers of points of infractions is 10 before 1 gets ban

looking4vps, May 26, 2010 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Yes and most only earn 1 point so thats 10 bad posts before you are banned.

I frequently give a couple where there are multiple bad posts rather than 1 for every post - so that the member gets the opportunity to learn rather than get an instant ban.

sarahk, May 27, 2010 IP
  6. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    deluxdon, May 27, 2010 IP
  7. mi25

mi25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not trying to complain but i need some info regarding infractions. A while back i received a 10 point infraction and got banned from the forum for posting : i am interested to purchase this articles. Please let me know if still available. Thanks
    Will the mods give different amount of infraction points on a case by case basis ?
    Prior to receiving the 10 point infraction i had received two separate 1 point infractions for bumping threads. Is this the reason for getting 10 point infraction for 1 post ? Breaking the same rules.

mi25, May 28, 2010 IP
  8. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Mods do not have the option to change the duration of an infraction. All infractions for bumping, posting in wrong category etc are for a prescribed amount of time. You received a seven day buy, sell, trade ban which was instituted as a means to curtail useless posts in the buy, sell, trade area. We first made the bans one day bans. One day bans did not curtail useless posts, hence we lengthened the period of the ban to seven days in an attempt to get members' attention who were not learning from single point infractions.

Smyrl, May 28, 2010 IP
  9. mi25

mi25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank for the clarification Smyrl. Although i didn't try to break the rules in purpose the ban really caught my attention . Haven't done the same mistake since.

mi25, May 28, 2010 IP
  10. lissie

lissie Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm really confused I just got a " Profile Infraction Reason: Post / PM / Visitor Message Spamming" And I am definitly not spamming. I am a buyer of similar items each month - but I am a genuinely buyer and then do the transaction via PM - is this somehow bad?

Should I be using email instead - I will if you want me to I just don't see what I am doing is affecting anyone - I don't send unsolicted PMs - only respond to ones sent to me. I never use visitor messaging (don't really know what that does I just use PM for privacy of my clients)

I got 5 points and one more time will ban me (I think) - and I really am not a spammer - I'm a buyer with 100% feedback score

lissie, May 29, 2010 IP
  11. deluxdon

Best Answers:
    All i can say is "You can't start similar thread (same service,same niche) again and again" as it considered as Duplicate Threads. If you want similar items each month then link it from your signature. No need to start same thread each month. Thats all.

DON.

deluxdon, May 29, 2010 IP
  12. Idle Play

Idle Play Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like you've just given me an infraction for the same thing. I buy for 86 different clients on here, month to month and require the threads in order to source links. I can't divert to all my specific threads in a signature and signatures are only good if they're getting exposure - which they won't if I'm not allowed to post my threads in link sales in the first place. Please advise. I do $100,000+ of buying on here per year, I'd like some clarification.

Idle Play, May 29, 2010 IP
  13. deluxdon

Best Answers:
    I have already replied you in your PM that you can't start same thread (same requirement) even after one month else it considered as duplicate thread.

DON.

deluxdon, May 29, 2010 IP
  14. Idle Play

Idle Play Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's ridiculous. People want the same thing more than once. Can I not go into Starbucks and ask for a coffee because I bought one yesterday? People need to buy month to month. Can someone offer a solution as opposed to just saying it's not allowed? The signature method only works if you're regularly posting and getting your signature exposure and only have a couple of things you want to draw attention to. It's useless.

Idle Play, May 29, 2010 IP
  15. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you are unhappy with the service being provided, ask for a refund or take your business elsewhere.

Agent000, May 29, 2010 IP
  16. lissie

lissie Peon

Best Answers:
    I have exactly the same problem! Sometimes I PM advertisers in the relevant forum -but that's a lot slower and less likely to be a match than to just advertise my requirements. The sig link won't work for me either because I don't start random threads elsewhere on DP just to advertise my sig!

I don't bump my threads (there's no need to) - I rewrite the thread each time so DP doesn't get hit for dup content - and because my requirements sometimes vary. My requirements are time bound - I need links within the week I advertise - my client has a monthly deadline. I need new links each month - I can't just reuse sites (that would be way easier) . People's sites change all the time - site's that fitted my crtieria last month may not this month and v.v.

I am happy to pay to be be allowed to continue to advertise - please advise what I need to do.

lissie, May 29, 2010 IP
  17. Idle Play

Idle Play Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I can understand the rule, from a selling perspective, nobody wants to see the same user selling the same thing day in day out. The forum would become useless. But I do think there needs to be an alternative for buyers who need to buy within a certain window i.e when client budgets become available or when your SEO model calls for links to that specific client. The signature method doesn't work at all. As you say, you need to do a hell of a lot of posting to get exposure to your signature and even then, the people who see it are not necessarily going to be people who are able to sell you a link in your niche for example. I tried the signature method for a week or so and didn't get a single response. I put up a WTB thread and get 100+ responses within 6 hours.

We definitely need a better solution. I'd be happy to be limited to X posts per month to request the same service and have no objection to my WTB threads being closed 24 hours after I make them as they're useless after that anyway. They can even be deleted completely.

I'd also be willing to pay for the service but respect it's a free forum and we must abide by free forum rules. I just wish one of the moderators would provide a solution instead of saying it's not allowed, end of. I'm not someone who's just turned up here last week. I've done hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of business on here and would at least appreciate some proper guidance.

Idle Play, May 30, 2010 IP
  18. mochalatte

mochalatte Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with IdlePlay - with the Starbuck example..

I didn't even know that I had infractions until I stumbled across it! A message to inform me would of been nice, and I got 4 separate infractions, and it doesn't specify what for - apart from duplicate post. Each one of my posts were different, and it was for a topic that wasn't usually discussed and its a more specific need than just a niche for links. So how can I be spamming? I'm only on here looking for one thing, as I don't work for an SEO company, so surely it would count me as spamming each time, when actually I'm just looking for more of the same thing?

Its really put me off the forum, as I like to think that I create business here and I'm helpful and respectful, and I'd really like it if infractions could be discussed or appealed. Or a warning given first. I did read the rules when I joined, I just didn't think I was breaking them :(

Mochalatte

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
    mochalatte, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  19. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Members automatically receive an email from DP with each infraction issued, unless member makes conscious decision to disallow receiving emails from DP admins/mods.

Smyrl, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  20. mochalatte

mochalatte Guest

Best Answers:
    Ah that would maybe explain why. Thanks for that!! :)

mochalatte, Jun 1, 2010 IP