1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do I Import a Blog to Facebook with a Link to the Post at the Beginning?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by trivum, May 25, 2010.

Does anyone know how to import your blog into Facebook so that a link back to the original post is present at the very beginning of the excerpt in Facebook?

I know how to import a blog through the "Notes" function, but that doesn't put a link at the very beginning of the excerpt. I've seen this done by others. ... Is it an app, a Facebook trick, or do I need to do something to my RSS feed in my blog?

Thanks for any suggestions.

trivum, May 25, 2010 IP
  2. hirevietnamese

hirevietnamese Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I still dont understand what exactly you want? Can you show me facebook pages which can do that? I will take a look and help you if I can. We made some facebook apps.

hirevietnamese, May 25, 2010 IP
  3. trivum

trivum Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi. ... I can't remember exactly where I saw this, but let me try to explain more clearly.

Normally, when I import my blog via the Notes function, it will put an except of the blog up. The headline of that excerpt clicks to another version of the excerpt still on the Facebook site. (I have my feed set for excerpts, by the way, not full posts). When you get to that second page on Facebook, there is a link at the bottom that says, "View Original Post." When you click on that, it finally takes you back to my blog.

What I would like (and what I think I have seen) is a link back to that post (i.e. back to my blog) at the very beginning of the excerpt itself. Therefore, someone who sees the excerpt for the first time can click on that link in the very beginning of the excerpt and get back to my blog. They don't have to click the headline and then find the link buried at the bottom of that second page in order to get back to my blog.

The difference would be like the following:

As it is now --

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In sed ante id sem volutpat luctus in vitae augue. Vestibulum sed urna sit amet massa varius sagittis. Proin adipiscing enim sed sem facilisis facilisis vel sed nulla. Quisque facilisis, magna et placerat laoreet, nunc odio convallis enim, sed interdum sapien lacus non elit. Pellentesque sagittis elit sed sapien varius suscipit. In libero leo, luctus vel sagittis vehicula, lobortis vel augue. Etiam non dolor sem. Quisque rutrum risus vel odio viverra nec vulputate lectus ultrices. Nunc quis enim est. Vestibulum convallis pretium luctus.

What I would like --

Link back to post. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In sed ante id sem volutpat luctus in vitae augue. Vestibulum sed urna sit amet massa varius sagittis. Proin adipiscing enim sed sem facilisis facilisis vel sed nulla. Quisque facilisis, magna et placerat laoreet, nunc odio convallis enim, sed interdum sapien lacus non elit. Pellentesque sagittis elit sed sapien varius suscipit. In libero leo, luctus vel sagittis vehicula, lobortis vel augue. Etiam non dolor sem. Quisque rutrum risus vel odio viverra nec vulputate lectus ultrices. Nunc quis enim est. Vestibulum convallis pretium luctus.

trivum, May 25, 2010 IP
  4. sri2k6here

sri2k6here Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think there are plug-ins to make this task easier for wordpress

sri2k6here, May 26, 2010 IP
  5. tata_capl

tata_capl Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to integrate your blog into Facebook then search for "Networked Blog" Application in Facebook, Its pretty simple. Good luck.

tata_capl, May 28, 2010 IP