1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Possible Problem... or nice feature

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by nevetS, Apr 12, 2005.

I added a new ad a few minutes ago. I disabled all my other ads, and enabled this one. It still says "pending review", but it did give me the option of enabling it.

So I'm not sure if it should have allowed me to do that, or if it shouldn't have.

Obviously I'd like to enable the ad so that when it does get reviewed, it will go live - so I see that as a nice feature. If the ad went live prior to review however, I see that as a problem.

Anyhow it was a minor point of confusion to me, so I decided to post here to get clarification, and to report the problem if it actually was one. (feel free to tell me to RTFM)

nevetS, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I have always took it to mean that once your site is accepted it will automatically be enabled. I never thought of what you said Nevet although with Shawn at the helm I'm willing to bet it works the way we think.

I like it because I am sometimes very focused when entering ads but forget to go back and enable them right away.

I would have at least one other ad enabled Nevet as you may be in a situation where you are using none of your weight until the new ad is approved.

yfs1, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I'm sure that is what is means. I do the same, I enable the ad and give it the specific weight I want for it, so as soon as it is aproved it will go live.

fryman, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  4. eduardomaio

eduardomaio Peon

Best Answers:
    RTFM (sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Yes, you can enable your ads, once they are reviewed and accepted they will be automatically displayed...

eduardomaio, Apr 12, 2005 IP
    roadies likes this.
  5. Perrow

Perrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Been here (in the Coop) for about a week, thanks for the tip to actually activate/enable the ads :eek: Do you think my ads will get shown more now?

Do I feel like a newbie or what :D

Perrow, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  6. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I made the same mistake when I started :eek:...and yes, your ads will probably display more frequently now :D

I have made it habit to always enable immediately after creating. That way when it's approved you're live.

Homer, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  7. Perrow

Perrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll be sure to make it a habit too ;)

If there had been a counter on the page telling me "You have 0 enabled ads" I would have spotted the problem right away. As it is now theres virtually nothing that tells me I'm required to do anything more than get my ad approved. One way to do it could be to use weight = 0 as a disable. That would be more visible than the enable link.

Anyone else who made the same mistake?

Perrow, Apr 12, 2005 IP