1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I failed, but I tried.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by flydali, May 25, 2010.

Well it's been 8 weeks now of article marketing, blog comments, posts adwords(that just got suspended today) and nothing has worked. 8 weeks now and my final result so far is $53.00 in my adsense account, and don't bank on that, google can take that away at anytime. I have put in 2-3 hours a day and not getting anywhere. If someone can help me great. I really don't know what to do to make money. I want to build a residual income, but finding it impossible. Check my sig at the bottom. I really poured my heart and soul into this and nothing.:(,

flydali, May 25, 2010 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    8 weeks? You should figure on at least a year of hard work. Adsense isn't a get rich quick scheme. You are spending too much time on marketing and not enough time on building a quality site. Do you honestly think your sites belong in the top ten results? You have an ok start, but you need to work on the design of your site and more importantly, make it a site that people will want to bookmark and keep coming back to. If you can't do that, you should look for something else.

mjewel, May 25, 2010 IP
  3. petr_ind

petr_ind Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    it needs more time to success.. (i read it on the people who success in adsense)
    also, there is a lot of way to get money,
    you can do domain flipping, CPA, and others

petr_ind, May 25, 2010 IP
  4. may may

may may Peon

Best Answers:
    8 weeks is nothing, I am working 7 years and I still working on it. Don't give up. $53 in 8 weeks is ok for beginner.

may may, May 25, 2010 IP
  5. jasonb25

jasonb25 Member

Best Answers:
    8 weeks makes you an infant in the IM world. It takes time and learning to start making real money online. Have you thought about buying websites that are already earning money and are presented well. That way you can concentrate on your marketing efforts and the rest is set up for you already.

jasonb25, May 25, 2010 IP
  6. petr_ind

petr_ind Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    will you share how much you get now, after you working 7 years?
    Maybe it can motivate me and the others..
    and maybe we can ask you too how to do it,
    thank you :)

petr_ind, May 25, 2010 IP
  7. welljy

welljy Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have a good site and a big traffic, maybe you will not so.
    If you are interesting in writing, you can be a writer to earn money.

welljy, May 26, 2010 IP
  8. kevoh99

kevoh99 Peon

Best Answers:
    $53 is really cool for a complete beginner. It might take you some 9-12 months to establish a reliable income so just keep motivated. I hope you are not looking for a get-rich-quick kill, right?

kevoh99, May 26, 2010 IP
  9. Jeehan

Jeehan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    aiii, earning from adsense is actually not hard. But the problem is it takes time. A lot of time. You dont have to give your hart and soul you just have to gain experience thats all. Your experience will be the thing that will make u money. I had my first check after 1.5 years. I earn few thousand dollars per month after 3 years. I still dont know anything. Keep learning. And wish you best of luck.

Jeehan, May 26, 2010 IP
  10. jacquem

jacquem Guest

Best Answers:
    $53 in 8 weeks for Adsense is very good especially for a beginner. I know a lot of people with blogs and adsense and only getting $5 a month int heir Adsense earnings. These blogs has good traffic too.

jacquem, May 26, 2010 IP
  11. godfather13

godfather13 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you must keep trying, that is what every successful man does !! And get your hands at some good tutorial online or some blog that teaches it :p Digg in at http://*www.problogger.*net/ (remove stars) that is the best free available resource !! :D

godfather13, May 26, 2010 IP
  12. FlightCenter

FlightCenter Peon

Best Answers:
    The beautiful thing about marketing online is that efforts today will pay off in the near future, and long term future. While 8 weeks is a long time to grind everyday to see the final results can take up to months. If you do decide to move on, don't consider it a failure but a learning experience. Best of luck

FlightCenter, May 26, 2010 IP
  13. Webgold

Webgold Peon

Best Answers:
    You might start suffering from "burn-out"

Your putting in all this effort and are not getting much results to show for your efforts. Unless you see results your bound to feel disappointed.

This is the problem with online marketing it can take a long time to really see results.

Webgold, May 26, 2010 IP
  14. manofwar

manofwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    IMO, $53 in 8 weeks is not bad for a newb. Just a few things, your sites look like straight blogs, so that's not going to fly far, and, lets be fair, how rich did you expect to get in 8 weeks? ;) 8mo or 8 years then we can talk ;)

manofwar, May 26, 2010 IP
  15. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, 8 weeks doing this stuff is nothing. It took me over a year to figure things out...which is normal for any starting business. You can't expect to just start this stuff and be rolling in money in a couple months time. Keep at it!

Shadowplay, May 26, 2010 IP
  16. williammfelix

williammfelix Peon

Best Answers:
    wew... 8 weeks...

I already spend almost 6 years of my life. And my first dime is at november 2009. Imagine how long would that be for me to earn my first dollar. I don't know... should I be happy or what. But one thing for sure... I'm grateful.

Oh a little note... 8 weeks got 52 dollars?? That's a lot bro. Me??? 1 year for only 7 dollars. How is that adsense earning for ya?

williammfelix, May 26, 2010 IP
  17. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    firstly, if you plan to make money from adsense, stop sending adwords traffic to it. this is known as arbitration and is not allowed, i guess that caused the ban of your adwrods account and i think your adsense account will be at risk too...

now, about your sites. get out of the blogspot blog, get a domain on a good niche and keep working on it. i also checked your other site and saw some affiliate links at the end of your short posts which are like thin content. i didn't find enough content on the site as well, so perhaps its time to stop making complaining threads and start working on making good articles on your blog?

here is my tip:
    get a few hundred quality, researched and optimised, unique articles on your blog. keep up the blog commenting and try finding related blogs to comment and make good comments, keep doing article marketing but make sure to submit unique content when you do article distribution. do some social media promotions too... and then come back here, perhaps a year later and post your success story :)
    cheers!

uttoransen, May 26, 2010 IP
  18. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    Not bad for 8 weeks it seems you have learned a lot. Several years back it was much more easy to make money online. There is a ton more competition due to the economy. What ever you are doing I would try to scale it up and use automation tools and outsourcing from your revenue earned. It can take a year or more of hard work to make this an income.

You have not failed ... but if you quit you have failed.

reapr, May 26, 2010 IP
  19. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    It took me a year to start making 4-figures a month. It all goes uphill from there once you get the hang of it. Also, don't waste your time with Adsense and chasing after ad clicks, that's the worst way to attempt to make money.

Pixelrage, May 26, 2010 IP
  20. flydali

flydali Peon

Best Answers:
    WOW, That is all some good advice. I guess I will just hang in there. Can anyone recommend a place where I can buy a ready made website with traffic, and what is domain flipping?

flydali, May 26, 2010 IP