1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I think my sites CSS is messed up?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by TeDWooD, May 15, 2010.

Hi i am new to site design and im having problems with the first site i have ever made. I have tested my site continually in Google chrome and it works perfectly fine. The thing is when i test it in internet explorer it is all messed up and the blog is to one side. I didn't have a saved CSS file i kind of made changes on the spot in dreamweaver.
    Am i allowed to post my site here? I dont want to get banned already when im looking for help.
    Thanks

TeDWooD, May 15, 2010 IP
  2. extremephp

extremephp Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, You should make your template Fluid. I.e The site should identify the browser and ping the template files for the CSS pointing to that browser.. There are Old threads on the same topic. Do check those.

That Would Help You.

Simply you have to code your Css like, If the browser is IE6 then it should point to ie6.css which is correctly made and adjusted for working in IE 6.

USe The search Bar in this forum.. That Would Really help you.

Thanks.

extremephp, May 15, 2010 IP
  3. TeDWooD

TeDWooD Member

Best Answers:
    Ok thanks for that. I will check for forum for css, i was mainly wondering if someone could look at it. I think i need 10 posts though so i wasn't sure.
    For my site i don't think i have a saved 'style.css' sheet. Should i always have one of those if i want to improve browser capability?
    I will check the other threads as well.
    Thanks.

TeDWooD, May 15, 2010 IP
  4. swashata

swashata Member

Best Answers:
    yes indeed! You should always use an external stylesheet for better performance... It will help in caching the stylesheet so it won't get loaded over and over again!

Also, when you are done with dreamweaver, try some hand coding! Use KomodoEdit to code your CSS file [or use dreamweaver to make CSS file]... It will improve your skill!

And as of the link, you can post it! The only thing is that it won't get hyperlinked until you have 10 posts! But you can paste the URL of your site and we can copy paste it on the address bar to view your site!

swashata, May 15, 2010 IP
  5. TeDWooD

TeDWooD Member

Best Answers:
    Okay thanks, knew i should have used one -_-
    I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me if my site is being viewed properly in their browser.
    www.coolmathbrain.com

TeDWooD, May 15, 2010 IP
  6. swashata

swashata Member

Best Answers:
    Well it sure does look the same in IE [I tested with IETester]... Can you give us a screenshot of your problem??!! Btw, the site you created is using table layout, which is deprecated now a days!

swashata, May 15, 2010 IP
  7. TeDWooD

TeDWooD Member

Best Answers:
    Ok i will get you a screen-shot tomorrow. Ahhh i see so the table layout is the problem. What could i do get rid of the table and use CSS?

TeDWooD, May 15, 2010 IP
  8. TeDWooD

TeDWooD Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a screen shot that you requested and how i see the site in my IE browser.
    [​IMG]
    Anything i could do to correct?

TeDWooD, May 17, 2010 IP
  9. john.michael.kane.kane

john.michael.kane.kane Peon

Best Answers:
    use jquery

john.michael.kane.kane, May 26, 2010 IP
  10. wab

wab Member

Best Answers:
    You can use the following website

browsershots.org

You just have to put the url of your website, select the browsers you want to test, and it will give you screenshots of your website as it's displayed in these browsers
    pretty cool!

wab, May 26, 2010 IP
  11. TeDWooD

TeDWooD Member

Best Answers:
    That did actually work.
    Thanks

TeDWooD, May 29, 2010 IP