1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[ IE7+ users ] Does this website centre align for you, or is it left aligned?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Anhalo, May 25, 2010.

Hello,

If you use ie7+ could you tell me if the following website is centre aligned in your browser?

Click Here

Much appreciated ^^,

Anhalo.

Anhalo, May 25, 2010 IP
  2. extremephp

extremephp Peon

Best Answers:
    It is Left Aligned Even in IE7. Its just a deal of a Single or 2 line CSS stuff Buddy :)
    IT will work like a charm after that :)

Thanks.

extremephp, May 25, 2010 IP
    Anhalo likes this.
  3. Anhalo

Anhalo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I just wasn't sure if there was just problems with my ie7 installation or the site, as a thing came up saying about "compatibility mode", saying my site design was old, XD, but it worked under that!?! And then when I looked at it in netrenderer it was centred!?!

But yeah, I'm sure it should be easy to fix the css for that, in the independent ie style sheet... Oh, what I wouldn't do to see the death of ie... It really is a pain in the proverbial donkey...

I'm trying to get my web design company website up for the summer though =), I've already got three well sized projects lined up without it :D

Anhalo, May 25, 2010 IP
  4. Anhalo

Anhalo Active Member

Best Answers:
    (saving up for a Dell laptop I saw, with 1TB storage, 16GB RAM and a quad core processor!!!)

Anhalo, May 25, 2010 IP
  5. Attraqtive

Attraqtive Peon

Best Answers:
    In IE8, left aligned in normal view and center aligned in compatibility view.

absolute positioning thing eh? ;)

Attraqtive, May 26, 2010 IP
  6. Anhalo

Anhalo Active Member

Best Answers:
    hahaha, thats the problem with starting things and coming back to them later... It turns out that the problem isn't the alignment, which is easily fixed by using practically any position other than absolute in (ie7+), but when I change the body position to anything other than absolute, the background disappears in ie6!!! It looks like I am just going to have to make a dedicated ie6 stylesheet as well as the other dedicated ie one, and just hope for the best (I am sooo including an ie6 warning on it, lol).

IE6 is actually well in the decline anyway, and the remaining 7% is actually probably more to do with the fact that schools seem to be rubbish at updating the software on their computers... Or at least the ones here in Northern Ireland...

Anhalo, May 26, 2010 IP