1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pretty general questions about CPA marketing

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Ben-AceofTech, May 24, 2010.

Hello all,

I just had a few simple questions that I'm sure many CPA marketers out there could naswer in a flash. Now before you think I'm totally stupid, I have read many eBooks on CPA marketing but the few questions I have are just conflicting points I'm unclear about. And instead of explaining why I don't get each question, I'm just going to tell you my questions:

1) Do I have to make the landing page and send traffic to that to try and get leads, or does the company provide the landing page I have to send traffic to return leads?

2) A sub-question to that one... WHat is it that the CPA companies actually provide? Do they provide the landing page I have to push traffic to, or do they provide ad code for (say...) a 240x480 ad box that I have to place on my website?

Thats about it for now... Rep for good answers :)

Thanks for the help,
    Ben

Ben-AceofTech, May 24, 2010 IP
  2. Phillychzsteak

Phillychzsteak Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Ben,

CPA networks will not provide you with a landing page. You will almost always need a quality website to be accepted into a reputable network. The idea is to sign up with a website that you either receive traffic to, or will be pushing traffic to (to get leads/sales from that traffic).

Speaking for my network, we provide you with several banners for each different offer/product, with different size banners to display on your site. CPA Networks also provide email suppression lists and other things such as support, and some companies provide training to those who are generally new and need some help getting some conversions with their site or promotional method.

You are not limited to only working with that website, as PPC/PPV/social media/etc. are great forms of marketing, but to be accepted into a trustworthy network, you will more often than not need a quality website.

Phillychzsteak, May 25, 2010 IP
  3. baldguitardude

baldguitardude Peon

Best Answers:
    CPA network and "reputable" doesn't always go together though. :)

baldguitardude, May 25, 2010 IP
  4. Ben-AceofTech

Ben-AceofTech Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know I need to have a website to get start... and I do. But like for example, when I go to Offervault.com and just look up some offers, for example say a free macbook air one, it shows a landing page and thats where my question comes in... Do I have to push people to that page, or do I set up that exact page on my own website?

Ben-AceofTech, May 25, 2010 IP
  5. Phillychzsteak

Phillychzsteak Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends which converts better with your method of promotion.

The first choice, which is driving traffic to your landing page, to then click on a banner generally converts better for many people, since this gives you the ability to describe what's being sold, or what type of offer the person will be brought to by clicking on a particular banner or link.

The second choice, which is considered direct linking, direct PPC (if you're using ppc), etc. tends to not convert as well as driving traffic to a landing page, but it is also very successful for lots of people. In this situation, you would redirect your domain name to your affiliate link (which will then track your leads/sales) and it will go directly to the offer's page.

Phillychzsteak, May 25, 2010 IP
  6. jackyhui

jackyhui Peon

Best Answers:
    1) You don' have to make your own landing. Aff. Network will provide you a URL that redirect to Advertiser's landing. In fact, you can make your own if you want your own design. Own landing -> redirect -> advertiser's landing. If you have bargaining power (network or many traffic...), you can do "white labal". Send a landing design and own domain to advertiser, ask them to create it for you. Then you can have your own exclusive landing

2) landing URL, creative (banner, icon), coding...
    Some of them also provide email creative, opt out info, keyword

jackyhui, May 25, 2010 IP