1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing a site like fmylife.com

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by terminator69, May 25, 2010.

How would this be best approached? I was thinking adwords would be too expensive for generating traffic to a site that provides a free service. All I can think of so far is starting a following via a facebook fan page.

Also buying links on other sites for advertising purposes would be viable but it's so hard to find good links for a decent price and on sites that will actually provide click-through traffic.

terminator69, May 25, 2010 IP
  2. Thiagoo

Thiagoo Peon

Best Answers:
    Those websites are easy to generate traffic, just send a e-mail to your friend and in a matter of days everybody will know it. In the web, it it's new & its funny, you get traffic.

Post it on 4chan or something.

Thiagoo, May 25, 2010 IP
  3. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i would suggest connecting it to the twitter API and use the new facebook social interaction features.

when users post comments to the anonymous 'F*** something happened' comments it posts directly to twitter e.g

@terminator69 posted comment on FMYLIFE.com - bit.ly/blah

same with facebook, thats my advise ;)

Jasonb, May 25, 2010 IP
  4. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Witty blog comments on other sites like FML, you will get several dozen unique hits and if your content is good they will come back :)

MarTh-, May 25, 2010 IP