1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digitalpoint policy!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by babak44, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I saw Helvetii is banned!
    I read policy of this from according to that.
    Yeah Helvetii was somewhat tough toward religious member believes specially in recent posts but you have to consider some members insult her badly and beside she was motor of this forum and tells her opinion frankly.

babak44, May 24, 2010 IP
  2. george.UK

george.UK Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think there is a difference between insult and frankness, i think mods took much time to ban him/her.

george.UK, May 25, 2010 IP
  3. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess some members reported against Helvetii hence leader of this site compromised to gain their hearts!
    I read the policy and guess can justify such action against Helvetii but think it wasn't necessary when see some people provoked her by harsh words.

babak44, May 25, 2010 IP
  4. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IMO, if DP owners want to be consistent with their own actions (e.g. banning Helveti, stOx) they should directly eliminate the P&R forum.

cientificoloco, May 25, 2010 IP
  5. masterrio

masterrio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well frankly such an outspoken person can't be hardly kept away, he/she might be around with an alias already :p

And I am not sure about the infractions why hel got, it might not have been b'coz of P&R alone, we really have no info on her other infractions, so her previous infractions might have added up with an another one around here and might have got banned.

We can express our opinions but I feel its not good to target a group or person in particular regularly, I hope to c hel back soon (when ever his/her ban is lifted)

masterrio, May 25, 2010 IP
  6. samser_m

samser_m Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh... thanks to DP for banning her/him who only know how to spread violence through internet saying some f***ing words against a religion/community repeatedly mentioning same words on each posts. It is noticeable clearly.
    if some members insult him/her, she insulted many others, a whole community if this is your first account in DP then you should check old posts too.

Absolutely correct

agreed

Last edited: May 25, 2010
    samser_m, May 25, 2010 IP
  7. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They tried. From some other post I read, elimination of the P&R section just causes these threads to pop up in the main forum.

Helvetti was one of the funnier and more clever members of this forum. Shes got a hot streak in her though. I was surprised she didn't get banned right away when she went off on Shawn after reopening a thread blasting DP after her previous thread had just been closed by the mods. As Shawn says, there is no free speech here. It is a private forum and bannings and infractions can come at the whim of the mods. I have yet to see one of the radicals threatening violence from Islam get banned, but then again, would we really notice their absence? I also have yet to see anyone stick it right into the faces of the mods like Helvetti did.

Right. Any opinion or frankness that is take as an insult should be silenced(so long as it is an insult to you) with a ban. I have no doubt that is the opinion of many here.

Obamanation, May 25, 2010 IP
    robjones likes this.
  8. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Plus, I suspect that the P&R section generates lots of page views & ad clicks.

I'm never happy to see anyone banned. But I've noticed in the past month or so Helvetti's posts have looked suspiciously like stOx's posts (who as you all know was banned). There was the same sentence structure, same use of adjectives. Talk to any High School teacher and they'll tell you how they learn to spot these similarities.

I was having a dialog with Helvetti here:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1786343&page=1

and IMO Helveti's language took a marked turn away from what I was used to. There was a past dialog where we had a healthy attitude of, I follow the Gospels, Helveti didn't, and we agreed to respect each other's position. But in the thread above, Helvetii was making wildly inaccurate accusations (Church said the Earth was flat & killed Galileo, etc). Not like the Helveti I respected. More like stOx trying to get around his ban.

Corwin, May 25, 2010 IP
  9. aroel

aroel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what is the main purpose of this forum?
    how can some members only post in PnR subforum?
    i think DP owner should eliminate this sub forum

only my $0.02

aroel, May 25, 2010 IP
  10. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    P&R forum is DP's trash can.

It may be dirty inside, it is necessary to hold the trash...:D.

Without it, controversial/offensive topics will start appearing in the main general chat forum.

sachin410, May 25, 2010 IP
  11. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Informed, intelligent discussion. Exchange of ideas.

Have you read the rules for DP?

Corwin, May 25, 2010 IP
  12. looking4vps

looking4vps Peon

Best Answers:
    I have followed some of her posts and she told it how it was i think her ban should be lifted

looking4vps, May 25, 2010 IP
  13. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    - Helvetti

Seems a little inappropriate to have banned her - especially one of their premium members.

Receiving ridicule for ones post is tough enough but being banned for what you believe in would be even tougher as probably in her case.

Breeze Wood, May 25, 2010 IP
  14. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Helvetii was banned as a result of reaching 10 or more ifraction points for breaking DP rules, it has happened to the best of us.

And why would he do that? I’m sure that Shawn wouldn’t be petty, if rules were broken he would surely deal with it.

We all have to follow the same rules.

BTW Helvetii will be back when her points fall below 10.

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, May 25, 2010 IP
  15. looking4vps

looking4vps Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think she should have been ban she is after all a premium member

looking4vps, May 25, 2010 IP
  16. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. He doesn't strike me as petty. I do know this, however. Twice now I've gotten 5 point infractions with no explanation, and the post deleted to cover up any evidence. I don't even know who gave me the infraction. I doubt it is Shawn, but there is at least one mod out there who doesn't cotton to topics he/she feels disrespect Islam(I'm guessing at the cause because, once again, the posts were deleted). I have little doubt this is how Helvetti arrived at a status of Banned.

Obamanation, May 25, 2010 IP
  17. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't get what point is but guess if some members join hands and conspire to expel a person, can do that!!
    is it wise?

me too.
    let me see! I'm a new member, haven't been long member as you are.
    personally I dislike lose any person in this forum whether what was his/her opinion.

babak44, May 25, 2010 IP
  18. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then run your own forum. Until then, your opinion about whether Helvetti's ban should be lifted or not means nothing, doesn't it?

Breaking the forum rules is NOT the same as telling it like it is. Telling someone you disagree with them is "telling it like it is". Name calling is not.

So you think you need to pay $$$ in order to have permission to break the rules? Hmmm... puts your political posts in perspective, BW. I'll remember that.

I'm betting that the people complaining about Helvetti's ban never managed a guest book, let alone a large forum.

Corwin, May 25, 2010 IP
  19. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess such point infractions could effect on our post quality especialy when we don't get the reason. why manager of this forum try to restrict on our posts!?

babak44, May 25, 2010 IP
    robjones likes this.
  20. george.UK

george.UK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Seems like islam is getting on your nerves, for every single incident you are blaming islam, and the best advice i can give you is to study Islam (i repeat not muslims but islam), Buy some Quran in English and read it once, if you have the courage to do, or if you have not got enough, read it with a mind that i will find some mistakes in that..... and let us all see that what happend,

By looking at your posts these days, it apparent that you have quite enough time to do that

Good Luck,

george.UK, May 25, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.