1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is Mobile Search Optimization?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by link_crawler, May 11, 2010.

Hello,
    I just what to know what is mobile search optimization. I mean is it similar to SEO, is there any way through which i can find out keyword competition for mobile search? What should i do so get better results?

link_crawler, May 11, 2010 IP
  2. fahadkhan14

fahadkhan14 Member

Best Answers:
    perform seo on mobile phone in place of your pc is simply mobile SEO

fahadkhan14, May 25, 2010 IP
  3. valvetak47

valvetak47 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually,. mobile search optimization doesn't stand strongly enough. till now, mobile search optimization means only mobile compatible website. There is nothing more. Till now Google shows same result in mobile and PC.

valvetak47, May 25, 2010 IP
  4. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Guest

Best Answers:
    Few days back i have aslo heard about mobile search optimization and after couple of discussion we came to the conclusion that MSO (mobile search optimization) is nothing as search engine optimization.It is simply displays the same results as its on search engines.

jacuzzi, May 25, 2010 IP
  5. StanleyGrows

StanleyGrows Peon

Best Answers:
    it would be great for wap sites, but in reality nobody would know the difference anymore. It's basically the same results on mobile as with the Web.

StanleyGrows, May 25, 2010 IP
  6. 1SEONewby

1SEONewby Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting topic here. I do know that there will be a push in the future to make more "micro sites" with smaller content and graphic layout changes that will be more Mobile Phone friendly. Recently a rep a Go Daddy asked me if I wanted to create a .mobie or .moby ( don't remember the spelling) URL in addition to a .com name I was setting up. My theory is that we will begin to see new trends in SEO for sites that will be optimized for mobile applications.

1SEONewby, May 25, 2010 IP
  7. FlightCenter

FlightCenter Peon

Best Answers:
    Years ago you needed a website that was mobile form, i.e example.mobi . With the advent of faster networks, 4g, etc, regular websites can be loaded on mobile devices therefore mobile SEO is one in the same with regular SEO. On page, and offpage elements.

FlightCenter, May 25, 2010 IP
  8. link_crawler

link_crawler Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you guys, for all your help...
    even i guess mobile SEO is similar as regular one.... since after the arrival of technology sucg as 3G and 4G... normal page use to get uploaded pretty easily ... but content wise such as images, links and domain.. it is a different story

link_crawler, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  9. saritaets

saritaets Peon

Best Answers:
    bile search engines: the short list: G, Ask, AOL, Technorati. How users optimize their URL’s. At G you can enter a URL to optimize any site for mobile viewing using …site.com/gwt/n. He also showed a couple other examples but is going through slides quickly… Mike Davidson goes over four aspects for Mobile Compliance. First is to create a mobile subdomain….and more at Mikeindustries.com/blog/archive/2005/7/make-your-site-mobile-friendly . W3C has a good mobile compliance section at w3.org/tr/mobile-bp/. This is a “meaty file,” but an excellent source of good information. Mobile optimization is all KISS. Regular SEO tactics do apply. You should limit your content.

saritaets, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  10. ajelina

ajelina Banned

Best Answers:
    mobile search optimization doesn't stand strongly enough. till now, mobile search optimization means only mobile compatible website. There is nothing more.

ajelina, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  11. Rituja

Rituja Peon

Best Answers:
    start PPC camping for mobile search optimization...

Rituja, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  12. Skillage

Skillage Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mobile SEO will never come into play, there is no need for it.

If a website can produce a m. or /mobile/ version of a website upon clicking a WWW. version from google, then there is no point optimising or worrying about duplicate content.

Maintain your usual SEO strategy, if you rank highly in google on a laptop, then there will be no change from your mobile (unless ofcourse you are hitting a different data centre)

Skillage, Jun 22, 2010 IP