1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Official Cpalead.com - General Discussion / Network Performance

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by CPALeadTroy, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drivetime123

drivetime123 Peon

Best Answers:
    So why does CPALEAD allow it in the first place?
    Some publishers put a lot of work into these movie/tv sites thinking its okay...then all the sudden there account is closed without pay.

Either you allow it or you don't, this is really unfair to your publishers that end up not getting paid.

I am personally worried of not getting paid because of this reason.

drivetime123, May 24, 2010 IP
  2. CPALeadJeremy

CPALeadJeremy Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:

Please read our ToS regarding copyrighted material. If it is brought to our attention that the owner of that content has not given you rights to monetize their content, then we cannot allow you to continue monetizing that content.

CPALeadJeremy, May 24, 2010 IP
  3. xkaser101

xkaser101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Excuse me , but do you ban users with copyrighted materials sites when the real owner of the copyrighted materials contacts you or you just ban any Movie site ??

xkaser101, May 24, 2010 IP
  4. CPALeadJeremy

Best Answers:

Please check out my last 2 posts, they will explain everything.

CPALeadJeremy, May 24, 2010 IP
  5. irule272

irule272 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with this, it is really unfair for us publishers knowing from the very start that it is ok to use copyrighted material and just by that our account will end up getting banned.

Why don't just CPAlead bring back those times where they need 1st to review an application before they will approve it? Because it is like CPAlead is violating their own rule by auto-approving websites that are using copyrighted materials which is unfair for the publishers because they do not know that CPAlead is just waiting for the owner of the copyrighted content to file a formal complaint so that CPAlead can ban them just like that.

This is a major concern now for us publishers. If CPAlead really cares about their publishers, why don't they eliminate accounts that has an intention to use copyrighted material right from the very start by reviewing 1st the application before letting their publishers earn money from these copyrighted material which their TOS said that it is not allowed and they are just waiting for a complaint so they can terminate an account that easy? I find it really unfair IMO.

Jeremy can you be more specific? What do you mean by "we cannot allow you to continue monetizing that content"

You will suspend an account but you guys will still give him/her generated income prior to the suspension? or you guys will suspend it and will not give his/her income anymore?

And also being a CPAlead employee do you have any idea how many of your publishers are using copyrighted material on their content? I just want to ask.

Thanks!

irule272, May 24, 2010 IP
  6. Mr. M

Mr. M Peon

Best Answers:
    Almost all of the cpalead pubishers use their tv show and movie websites... So will theyget banned too?

Mr. M, May 24, 2010 IP
  7. irule272

Best Answers:
    based on their TOS, they're just waiting for a complaint from the copyrighted content owner before they ban a publisher.

Now is it fair to a publisher or not?

It's like them saying, "Go here, come with us! we're going to rob a bank but if we got caught, we'll take all the money and you're the only one who will go to prison"

unfair right?

akki313 likes this.
  8. CPALeadTroy

CPALeadTroy Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Good luck finding a CPA network that will go to court for you because you were caught monetizing content that wasn't yours. WTF is wrong with you people??

CPALeadTroy, May 24, 2010 IP
  9. lilrinho

lilrinho Peon

Best Answers:
    mate, i am sorry but either you are retarded or work for cpalead...what the main problem is that cpalead approved publishers with movie sites from the start and it all checked out well and we made them money and then come up with bullshit that they got complaints and you get banned and they keep your earnings. The worst thing is 90% of their publishers have movie/tv show sites so they only ban publishers that make a lot and they dont want to pay them.

I mean even if they got complaints, they could just terminate the publisher and pay them their last earning and explain what happened then everyone would be satisfied....what a bunch of Scammers and most importantly douchebags!

lilrinho, May 24, 2010 IP
  10. CPALeadTroy

CPALeadTroy Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The only instances when we will not pay the publisher, is if they are found using fraudulent means to obtain leads such as promoting fake content sites, black hat (usually SPAM), or exploiting our offers.

If we are notified by the owner of copyrighted material that a publisher is promoting their material, we will ask them to stop, give them a warning, and delete the Widget in violation of the ToS. Hope this clears things up.

CPALeadTroy, May 24, 2010 IP
  11. xkaser101

xkaser101 Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmmmm, it's kinda fair because if they allowed users to post copyrighted materials on there sites and not closing it down when the rightful owner of those materials complains then with regard to cpalead they will fight cpalead and maybe take CPALEAD DOWN !!
    Best regards .:D

xkaser101, May 24, 2010 IP
  12. irule272

Best Answers:
    Thank you Troy. This is what we needed. A very clear and specific explanation.

Thanks!

13. ForumPopulator

ForumPopulator Peon

Best Answers:
    Quick question: If our AdultAccessNow application or account gets put on hold or denied, for having questionable content, are we allowed to change everything to match compliance, and re-apply? Or get our account re-instated?

Thanks so much.

ForumPopulator, May 25, 2010 IP
  14. CPALeadJeremy

Best Answers:
    If this ever happens contact your Affiliate Manager. They can go over everything with you and see what can be done about getting you re-approved. If this has happened to you though please PM me your Affiliate ID # and I will get you helped right away.

CPALeadJeremy, May 25, 2010 IP
  15. srichter

srichter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Still waiting on an explanation of why my account was terminated without reason. I've sent an email to disputes@cpalead and security@cpalead

srichter, May 25, 2010 IP
  16. CPALeadJeremy

Best Answers:
    I will talk with John today once he gets into the office and let him know to respond to your emails ASAP. Sorry for the long wait.

17. srichter

srichter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What time does he get in today?

18. CPALeadJeremy

Best Answers:
    He actually has off today I found out, he should be on later tonight and tomorrow on schedule.

19. srichter

srichter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Surely he's not the only employee of your company who knows the reason my account was terminated. Can someone else at least give me a vague reason as to why your company stole over $500 from me?

20. greendino

greendino Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the Guys that I talked to on on the cpalead chat told me he runs a site that broadcast Live UFC events for free and has CPAlead widget embed in to the site. Is this ok to do? Considering I heard that Movie Sites are now getting banned. Is that also true? I see so many Movie sites with CPAlead widgets. What is allowed and what is not is my question.

greendino, May 25, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.