1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Twitter For SEO Purposes

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by tintumon, May 23, 2010.

Being an old git I really don't know much about the power of this type of media.

I recently signed up and have a Twitter account.

Is there ways to "encourage" certain people to join your Teewts? I mean this in the sense of can I say get folks that like poker to join up so that they see what I am blogging about so in turn get hits to my site?

I already do this with Facebook but I don't really know a lot about Twitter.

Can anybody point me in the right direction of maybe some good articles on how to use Twitter.

Just for information (although it makes me piss myself laughing every-time I see it used) I have done this but can't find out how to get folk to join up with you. It seems more about marketing to folks already following you.

tintumon, May 23, 2010 IP
  2. ceaseer

ceaseer Peon

Best Answers:
    On Twitter your fans are called Followers and there is a link on your profile page for people to follow. With Twitter it is not essential to have followers as you can advertise your site/tweets to all of Twitter by using hashtags. If you niche is poker you can use #Poker in your tweets and anyone searching the tag poker would see your tweet.

ceaseer, May 23, 2010 IP
  3. emailm

emailm Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter can provide more hits to your site in SEO point of view, But conversion rate of twitter is very low, and it could not able to change all the visitors into customers.

emailm, May 24, 2010 IP
  4. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if your follower count is in thousands then only twitter can help you either way it is very difficult to market your product/website on twitter...

infogle, May 24, 2010 IP
  5. sousen

sousen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter and all other social Networking site only can give you Traffic no doubt it’s the very good way to transfer traffic on your website but it will not count for link juice

sousen, May 24, 2010 IP
  6. saching1

saching1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter can increase you site's traffic very easily..

make follower and tweet it will work.

saching1, May 24, 2010 IP
  7. Hotter_DV

Hotter_DV Peon

Best Answers:
    Its little bit true that twitter generate traffic for sites. I spend mostly 2 hours thrice in a week on the twitter and lots of messages I twits with link and increase the followers but I did not receive any traffic. So I think twitter give less or nil traffic.

Hotter_DV, May 24, 2010 IP
  8. laketima

laketima Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Twitter is great social networking site but it does not work for all people because you need to tweet about something interesting so that other people should follow you.

2. You don't just join twitter and start promoting your own site, on twitter you are not for "promotion" but for "sharing" useful information with others.

3. If you are using twitter but not getting good result from it you should read this article http://www.dezineweblog.com/do-not-use-twitter-for-your-business

laketima, May 25, 2010 IP
  9. AuroraDesign

AuroraDesign Peon

Best Answers:
    twitter isn't all about promoting your site, you have to interact with other users who are following you and people you are following. Retweet some of the messages that you like and send messages to followers.

Don't always give a link to your website message interesting topics and also you can connect your RSS feed of your blog via twitterfeed so you won't have to manually update your twitter all the time. Twitterfeed will update your twitter account with your latest blog posts. (pretty cool innit)

Most importantly be passionate and patient when building reputation for your website it will all come together. Work smarter not harder ;)

Good luck

AuroraDesign, May 25, 2010 IP
  10. sri2k6here

sri2k6here Active Member

Best Answers:
    sri2k6here, May 26, 2010 IP
  11. Robineast

Robineast Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is very popular now and good for seo.

Robineast, May 26, 2010 IP
  12. joshvelco

joshvelco Peon

Best Answers:
    Firsly, link to your twitter form your site. Secondly, include fairly large amounts of keywords in your tweets (and username) this means that anyone searching for something in your niche will likely find you.

joshvelco, May 26, 2010 IP
  13. rovad

rovad Member

Best Answers:
    You always have to have in mind that social sites aren't as good for getting leads and customers simply because people are there to spend their time, not because they are searching for products or services. Sure, you can still target their interests, but it can never be the same as when they go to Google and search for, I don't know, "baseball bats" or something...

rovad, May 26, 2010 IP
  14. diduknow

diduknow Peon

Best Answers:
    Everything goes back to the type of content you share. If you are sharing valued content, you'll have a better chance of impacting traffic, and consequently SEO, by using Twitter.

diduknow, May 26, 2010 IP
  15. williammfelix

williammfelix Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem with twitter that is to build responsive list that will react for your tweet message. It's much more smaller community. MMhhh.. as for my strategy i try to follow another peple and try to build quality content so I could get follower who might interested in my content that i provide. CMIIW IMHO

williammfelix, May 26, 2010 IP
  16. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is a relationship building & relationship maintenance tool, it simply is not an SEO tool except for the fact that search engines can tie together a Twitter account with the website it's representing.

Pixelrage, May 26, 2010 IP
  17. mytest066

mytest066 Peon

Best Answers:
    GET DAILY "Quotation" OR "Promote your business, product or service" ON YOUR TWITTER PROFILE BACKGROUND, ABSOLUTELY FREE!!
    check twitfunz.com/background

mytest066, May 26, 2010 IP
  18. mytest066

mytest066 Peon

Best Answers:
    send ecard on twitter to your friends and build strong bond with them, check twitfunz.com

19. mytest066

mytest066 Peon

Best Answers:
    "Promote your business, product or service" ON YOUR TWITTER PROFILE BACKGROUND, ABSOLUTELY FREE!!
    check twitfunz.com/background

20. Radko

Radko Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Traffic from twitter and facebook won't generate you more sales. So, always try to get organic traffic.

Radko, May 26, 2010 IP