1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do Follow, No Follow, What should I follow ?

Discussion in 'Google' started by wkcalvin, May 22, 2010.

I have few questions, hop you can help me, thanks

1. According Google official blog, no follow links will no consider as back links, but why I found some no follow links at my Google Webmaster Account as back links ?

2. I use Yahoo and link: command found 289 back links I have, but only 38 shows at Google Webmaster Account, what a huge difference, any comments ?

3. I found some auto approve blog and pages, but the full with spam comments, should I leave link here ? If I left links here, is it harmful for Google SEO ?

wkcalvin, May 22, 2010 IP
  2. joesmith

joesmith Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't get confused. Continue your work, you will get traffic from those no follow backlinks. You can't get PR link juice from that no follow backlinks. That is the basic difference between no follow and do follow backlinks.

joesmith, May 22, 2010 IP
  3. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks building should look natural so you should get both.

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, May 22, 2010 IP
  4. billmc

billmc Peon

Best Answers:
    1:No Follow links still count as backlinks.
    2: It's what Google likes to do for some reason, don't worry about it because you will likely have a lot more.
    3: Leave your links anyone just remember that they won't help as much as Webpages without a lot of OBLs.

billmc, May 22, 2010 IP
  5. divengrabber

divengrabber Peon

Best Answers:
    Google and yahoo optimize site on their own algorithm. The dofollow generate fast result. if you submit your site or anchor one link on pr 7 or 8 site. it reflect on your home page and you instantly get pr on your home page. The submitted link should be look dofollow.

divengrabber, May 22, 2010 IP
  6. cpa-money

cpa-money Peon

Best Answers:
    dont think about no follow or do follow. just keep on building links and you will succeed

cpa-money, May 22, 2010 IP
  7. maxipr

maxipr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I believe no follow links still contain ranking value

maxipr, May 22, 2010 IP
  8. mediamarketer

mediamarketer Peon

Best Answers:
    Google says that it doesn't pass any value to those links that reside on the page that has no-follow attribute.

Yahoo shows every link that points your website whereas Google shows only limited version!

It is not harmful! Google itself said that website owners cannot have the control to whatever being done to all their links as automation or something similar!

mediamarketer, May 22, 2010 IP
  9. LindaSimon

LindaSimon Peon

Best Answers:
    my vote is for both. be natural & relevant in back links.

LindaSimon, May 22, 2010 IP
  10. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its something you need not to worry about, unless all of your backlinks are nofollow....

Whatever you do, make sure it looks natural and that you stick to the "WHITE HAT" techniques.

I build both backlinks on dofollow and nofollow sites, why, because I can and Google, deep down inside their algorithm, loves natural.

GuruCreation, May 22, 2010 IP
  11. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1. Google will still crawl on "nofollow" link and counted as "zero value" backlink. However, as Brian1970 already mentioned, the nofollow link can help your linking profile be looked naturally. You will not get dofollow links form many big forums, most of them are marked as "nofollow" automatically. If your website has been mentioned in the big community, it will still get a credit but not because of the link itself. It is because of the domain authority.

2. If you are optimizing website for Google I would recommend you stick with link reports from Google Webmaster Tools instead of Yahoo Siteexplorer. Yahoo can give you wide angel on overall linking profile but it does not mean the links are counted from Google perspective.

3. I do not think too many comments with too many links in blog post could harm your website ranking. It is out of your control anyway. You may be the first person commented on that blog but it is not your fault if that blog would be spammed with links later in the comments afterward.

Sxperm, May 22, 2010 IP
  12. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    google is more slective about what is classes as a backlink so that would explain the difference. The best way to gain do follow links is by posting on blogs with a good PR, so a blog with lots of spam links is unlikely to be that beneficial

lightlysalted, May 22, 2010 IP
  13. sandy121

sandy121 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I have found that mixture of do follow and no follow link is the optimal combination. Most important factor as per my idea, is the relevancy of the link i.e. link should come from related and relevant sources.

sandy121, May 22, 2010 IP
  14. willenglishiv

willenglishiv Peon

Best Answers:
    I vote for DoFollow, definitely.

willenglishiv, May 22, 2010 IP
  15. april05

april05 Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad that you got youre question answered by billmc. Dofollow and nofollow are both backlinks. You dont have to choose between the two because google counts the both of them. Nofollow though does not help in SEO but can give good traffic to your site.

april05, May 23, 2010 IP
  16. duia

duia Peon

Best Answers:
    No Follow links still count as backlinks but you can't gain any link juice from this type of backlinks.
    However, from Yahoo!, it seems that you have gained many backlinks; However, from the point of Google, most of these links are useless and shouldn't be counted as backlinks.

duia, May 23, 2010 IP
  17. january14n

january14n Peon

Best Answers:
    no follow links can give you traffic but like duia said you can't get any link juice from them.

january14n, May 23, 2010 IP
  18. KC TAN

KC TAN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As long as the site receives targeted traffic for your niche, I believe it is a good source of referral to your site regardless of whether it is do or no follow.

KC TAN, May 23, 2010 IP
    Abhik likes this.
  19. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Focus on DoFollow links only. Though getting nofollow links won't hurt any bit.

Abhik, May 23, 2010 IP
  20. hetalhet

hetalhet Peon

Best Answers:
    well...
    No follow links are back links but they are not that much important and will not give you that much benefits of link building. and don't use this auto blogs for commenting, there is no meaning using them for seo purpose.

hetalhet, May 23, 2010 IP