1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google never minds spam links?

Discussion in 'Google' started by zhaiduo, May 20, 2010.

One of my niche site rank well at first page, I recently found some new competitors comes to first page. But when I check the back links of them, almost all of back links are from comment SPAM.

Does that mean Google will never mind the spam links? or just change their SERP algorithm for testing?

I only do white hat with my niche. But worry about it will be the world of black hat. Do you hate black hat? Is there a way to fight it? I wish there's way to help us report the back hat site to Google.

zhaiduo, May 20, 2010 IP
  2. spearson360

spearson360 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not to worry about that. Their comment-spam will get them into a good position temporarily. Once google gets notified about their spam (example: site owner reports their spam comments via: http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html) OR google notices the spam links by itself they get deindexed, banned, sandboxed, etc.

--> So these blackhat methods work temporarily, but in the end you will have the better benefit with your withehat methods.

spearson360, May 21, 2010 IP
  3. graeme

graeme Guest

Best Answers:
    i agree, just wait and keep using white hat methods. in the end they will get found out and drop back.

graeme, May 21, 2010 IP
  4. red_rum

red_rum Guest

Best Answers:
    hear, hear - they'll only ride high for a short period, they'll be paying the price for a lot longer.

red_rum, May 21, 2010 IP
  5. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats not what that page of Google is for thats for reporting completely different issues as far as I know and if it was that easy to get a site "deindexed, banned, sandboxed" then all people would do is get their competitors URL's and go posting them all over loads of blogs till they get banned.

I carnt see Google really banning someone for having any type of inbound link for this reason, you have no control over who links to you, as a site owner you can only control what you have on your site, so if your linking to other sites just to sell links or whatever and not checking your site for spam links in comments you can be penalised. Thing is if the site has loads of comment spam on then that site will hold little to no value anyway so the inbound link will either not count or hold little value anyway.

Its an area that I can imagine is very hard for Google to get right, its very hard to determine though automation what inbound links are true links posted due to people liking a product so much they are recommending it ect or if its simpley a site owner/internet marketing guy hired by the owner spamming there links on sites to get more inbound links.

johneva, May 21, 2010 IP
  6. soneat

soneat Peon

Best Answers:
    People, please, stop spreading the "Google will deindex your web-page for too many links too fast or whatnot" myth. They have stated that they will not on numerous occasions. Apart from that it would be a stupid thing to do anyhow, just think about it.

The submission form of that page is for something completely else... So yeah.

To the OP: I have said it once and I will say it again, there are two types of blackhat seo. In simple terms, one is "massive footprint spamming" the other is "no footprint spamming". The former is pretty much harmless, if your competitors do employ these techniques then you have nothing to worry about. The latter, on the other hand, will crush your white hat methods. Trust me on this. The SEO game is very dynamic and if you don't manage to play the "Google game" as successfully as your competitors by any means possible, well then you quite frankly lose...

Anyhow, up your game man. Stop building articles and start experimenting!

soneat, May 21, 2010 IP
  7. JHybrid

JHybrid Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing can replace good old-fashioned work. Blackhat works for awhile but usually gets replaced by a whitehat site.

JHybrid, May 21, 2010 IP
  8. Mykonos

Mykonos Member

Best Answers:
    You can also report your competitor yourself to Google. I'd figure that some more savvy blackhatters can get away with spamming for quite a while.

Mykonos, May 21, 2010 IP
  9. mediamarketer

mediamarketer Peon

Best Answers:
    Never mind about Google filters! They are the best! If there is something that you find strange there can be various reasons! The way you search, the cookies stored etc..Also you can check your competitors data which gives you only partial details not full rigth? Then assuming that Google is placing your competitor that has spam links pointing over your website is not correct! There are many other stats Google considers ranking a website which we cannot get the data for!

mediamarketer, May 22, 2010 IP
  10. billmc

billmc Peon

Best Answers:
    Wait it out and the sites will be dropped in no time.

billmc, May 22, 2010 IP
  11. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I do not think your competitor website can archive high ranking, especially for medium to high competitive degree keyword just solely because of links from blog comments, whether Spam or not. If most of your linking profile and pattern are low quality then Google would ignore the value on those comments link as well.

Sxperm, May 22, 2010 IP