1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Issues with FireFox, but it looks great in IE

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by volatile, Sep 15, 2006.

As if I'm not busy enough, my boss just notified me that one of our websites isn't viewable in FireFox, and he wants me to fix it. When you load the site in FF you get a bunch of code, whereas in IE you see a nice little flash site. Having never dealt with this before, I don't even know where to begin when it comes to fixing this problem. I was hoping that there were some people on here who have encountered this problem before. Unfortunately, I'm not the one who originally designed this site, that person left the company about 6 months ago. In fact I didn't even know we owned this site until today.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, the URL is http://www.chills.com

Thanks.

volatile, Sep 15, 2006 IP
  2. volatile

volatile Peon

Best Answers:
    after looking into it a little bit further, it seems that the problem is only on the "home.cfm" file.

EDIT: my mistake, it seems to be with all .cfm files. I haven't got a clue when it comes to ColdFusion.

3. Arnica

Arnica Peon

Best Answers:
    The server is sending out the pages with a content-type of text/plain instead of text/html which is why FF is displaying them as text.

Arnica, Sep 15, 2006 IP
  4. volatile

volatile Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Arnica.

Does anyone know what I have to modify to fix this problem?