1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I don't believe that "Article Marketing" actually works. Prove to me it does.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Geezertd, May 20, 2010.

One of the first things everyone suggests is to "Begin Article Marketing" by writing articles. However all you have to do is look through most of them and quickly see they are mostly just repeated stuff over and over again that offer little new insight and pretty much seem like people have just forced them out for SEO purposes. :eek:

On a small-time scale they might attract a couple of hits to your main site, but putting that much effort in for such a little return doesn't seem like a sound time investment to me.

Anyone got SOLID proof to the contrary? :confused:

And i'm not just talking about hearsay or made up numbers ;)

Geezertd, May 20, 2010 IP
  2. micheallatour

micheallatour Peon

Best Answers:
    If I may, what do YOU get out of this? If someone came and showed you proof, would you believe them or would you still be skeptical?

micheallatour, May 20, 2010 IP
  3. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Why should anyone want to prove it to you?

Yes, it works. I don't care if you believe me. In fact, if you stay away from article marketing, it means less competition and more traffic/revenue for myself.

dlm, May 20, 2010 IP
  4. Geezertd

Geezertd Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm open to any and all tangible forms of proof :)

I think it's a valid question when you see all these newbies on here posting threads saying "IM TRYING TO START ARTIKAL MARKETING HEEELP!!1!"

Geezertd, May 20, 2010 IP
  5. Trypp

Trypp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Article marketing worked for me for building links. I pretty much outsource everything now. It definitely does not work as well as it did a year or so ago. At least not for me it doesn't. I mixed it with bookmarks and press releases and made a little over $400k in one year. I'm not gonna bother posting screens, because it doesn't matter. You can fake those easily. I can tell you that the IRS loves me. So, yes, article marketing works if you do it right. And you are right, most people pump them out for SEO purposes. The point for most people is to get rankings, so why not? Of course good writing could end up doing better for SEO by gaining even more links, but most people don't have enough budget for a project to pay for good content.

No one is going to provide you with SOLID proof. What is SOLID proof that article marketing works? Solid proof would be for you to pick a low competition long tale keyword, build links for it through the methods I mentioned above, and watch your ranks improve. Now instead of asking people for proof of something, prove it to yourself. If it doesn't work, then move on. Maybe article marketing isn't your thing.

Trypp, May 20, 2010 IP
  6. earticles

earticles Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    article marketing still works. all you need is investing time in writing quality content articles instead of submitting the same article to all directories. it is useless; google doesn't care about content it founds duplicate of original piece but puts weight on original texts... there are many article rewriting and article spinner tools available on the internet so an article could get into hundred original versions.

earticles, May 20, 2010 IP
  7. micheallatour

micheallatour Peon

Best Answers:
    Enjoy

[​IMG]

micheallatour, May 20, 2010 IP
  8. invisibler

invisibler Member

Best Answers:
    yes, it drives much traffic for me.

invisibler, May 20, 2010 IP
  9. freight guy

freight guy Member

Best Answers:
    I use press release launched for my articles submission and what I like most about is that I get 5k plus domains pointing my keywords to my site! So if anyone is using articles for SEO only, articles would be a great way to go!

freight guy, May 20, 2010 IP
  10. sport302

sport302 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ugh! Article marketing. I think this method has been so over used and abused that it has definitely lost it effectiveness. Spinning the same articles over and over ugh! So much junk being put up on the web.

sport302, May 20, 2010 IP
  11. JHybrid

JHybrid Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of people just use them for the SEO boost that they can give you. They do work if you get them ranked high in the search engines.

JHybrid, May 20, 2010 IP
  12. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    people who think that aren't doing it correctly.

dlm, May 21, 2010 IP
  13. chauhanmanish

chauhanmanish Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly, the main cause of ineffectiveness of article marketing is that you are not doing it in a way, you are supposed to do.

chauhanmanish, May 21, 2010 IP
  14. dr.el

dr.el Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, i think article marketing is basic but really works.... and i got my first dollar from article marketing!!! that's great..

dr.el, May 21, 2010 IP
  15. razor

razor Peon

Best Answers:
    How the hell am i suppose to write "quality content" when there are so many spinners????

razor, May 21, 2010 IP
  16. etali

etali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't use the spinnners? :)

My article marketing is slow and steady. I write my own content, and I try to make it different to the articles already out there. It might not be the fastest way to build links, but it does seem to be helping.

Leave the spinners to the people who care more about flooding the article sites with tons of links, regardless of quality.

etali, May 21, 2010 IP
  17. razor

razor Peon

Best Answers:
    :))))
    nice answer but the topics are exhausted by the spinners and other spamming software. If quality content means writing the same thing with different words than articles really suck. I wanna be original in every way but some idiot is gnna copy the text spin it and he has my content. How to protect myself from that??

razor, May 21, 2010 IP
  18. gangsta1

gangsta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    It does work to an extend. You cannot simply publish an article and expect tons of traffic. If you have a good product/offer on your page then the traffic that comes will convert at a good rate. It may not be huge amounts of traffic but it is quality traffic - if they take the time to read articles they are likely to take time out for your site.

gangsta1, May 21, 2010 IP
  19. bigcashtactics

bigcashtactics Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It can be tricky, but you need to focous on improving your wrting styles.Article marketing is the best way to build your reputation as an expert in your field. If your potential customer sees your name in an article that is well written and informative they will begin to regard you as an expert in your niche.

bigcashtactics, May 21, 2010 IP
  20. soneat

soneat Peon

Best Answers:
    IMHO: Article marketing = the noob's best friend (and Wealthy Affiliate University's main "source" of new recruits, apparently... ).
    Still works though. If it doesn't for you, then, like many people have mentioned here, you are doing it wrong.
    Requires a LOT of time (and only time) to make it right though, hence, if you are starting out, are broke and have a lot of free time on your hands have a go at it. Another thing, you will have to write, publish and promote around 200 articles before you can start evaluating the success (or failure) of your campaign.
    Cheers

soneat, May 21, 2010 IP