1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

We Blocked FaceBook in Pakistan

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by wajid_pk, May 19, 2010.

1. superfrankie

superfrankie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.(Racism)

Ooo lala you seem to be weak

superfrankie, May 19, 2010 IP
  2. superfrankie

superfrankie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd agree but its a fact indeed boi!

Tsk Tsk Tsk - Come on roads like we did and will be done.

superfrankie, May 19, 2010 IP
  3. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    in Iran facebook banned almost a year, beside twitter! even we couldn't enter with anti-filter on facebook.
    guess our government knew how devil are this sites! so I can't see some of their pictures. anybody saw them?

I heard it banned in Pakistan and also protest againest facebook there. seems we haven't any other Islamic country?

babak44, May 19, 2010 IP
  4. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So you mean to say that Muslims are a different race? ;)..Oh well okay ;)

Helvetii, May 19, 2010 IP
  5. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Facebook is most certainly the devil's tool! Look at this, some trickster is pretending to be Mousavi!!

LOL, J/k

Rebecca, May 19, 2010 IP
  6. Hs McD

Hs McD Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, freedom for speaking and open minded for rational thinking are just not practice in all over the world. Why do we bother?

Hs McD, May 19, 2010 IP
  7. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So your Supreme Court (or any court) gives judgement based on how many people come on the roads rather than the constitution? LOL

Please spend 1 whole day reviewing all your posts in P&R and see how silly you look, if you can't have a family member read them for you and tell you how silly you look. ;)

8. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    good point
    maybe Mousavi could pass through flilters and access to facebook as I heard many Iranian do it and post comments there and also twitter but I can't go there. my anti-filter is weak one I think.

babak44, May 19, 2010 IP
  9. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize you couldn't get on Facebook or Twitter at all. I was trying to think of what to do. First, I took Mousavi's Twitter and Facebook RSS and put them in a Blogger blog, but I realize now that won't work because it's not showing the full post. Then, I noticed you can subscribe to his Facebook page through a reader called Bloglines. I signed up for that, selected his Facebook RSS, and selected to show full posts. If you can't get on Facebook to begin with, that won't help. Then, I noticed Bloglines has free blogs where you can post the full post of what's in the RSS feed. I could make a Bloglines blog showing Mousavi's Facebook posts. Are you banned from Bloglines as well? Here's what I started to find out if you could see it: http://www.bloglines.com/preview?siteid=24826142&itemid=930

p.s. Not sure if this is important to you. I just thought I would offer, any Facebook pages or Twitters you want to see, I would be happy to post them to Bloglines. If this works..

Edit: You don't need to respond to this here. But, if you would like me to do this, I'm sure we can figure it out. You can send me a PM if you would like to.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
    Rebecca, May 19, 2010 IP
  10. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What a joke, people should be free to make their own choices. I can’t believe that anyone is happy about having your choice taken away.

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, May 19, 2010 IP
  11. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Freedom is not a Muslim value, at least not in Pakistan.

Obamanation, May 19, 2010 IP
  12. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    FB banned in Pakistan! great achievement!!!
    A glorious victory! for the western jihad against intolerance and religious-censorship.
    Amazing!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8691406.stm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLRiRn5nls0
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/connect/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501833&objectid=10646265

More caricatures coming your way Pakistan: I suggest you close airports and sea ports and disconnect all radio and TV transmission and power stations and go straight back to the middle ages!

More than 5,000 Mo drawings! (large fraction of which original and very funny actually)
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Everybody-Draw-Mohammed-Day/121369914543425?v=photos

This was my small contribution:
    [​IMG]

Enough is enough!
    Dear Muslims. Learn to live with criticism and even mockery of your religion. Everybody is entitled to mock your religion - that's all what freedom of speech is all about. Everybody is entitled to mock every religion and draw whatever shit he wants to. You should know, as you never miss an opportunity to say how immoral and degenerate the west is. So why aren't we allow to draw your prophet?

Today we have proven that we will not be intimidated by violence. This is the magic of the internet - the place where religions come to die. You can't do anything but censor your own people. punish them for something they didn't do. how Muslim and godly divine of you.

Stop threating and killing those who criticize your stupid religion and there will be no more draw Mo days. Be smart to understand that this draw Mo day is something that you have brought on yourselves.

ChaosTrivia, May 19, 2010 IP
    Kerosene likes this.
  13. ChaosTrivia

Best Answers:
  14. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ;) ;) ;) ;)

Awesome Chaos ^_^

15. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You're very talented, Chaos. I was going to just let "Draw Mohammed Day" pass, but decided to create one at the last minute. I think next year will be even bigger... :)

Rebecca, May 19, 2010 IP
  16. ChaosTrivia

Best Answers:
  17. riaviente

riaviente Member

Best Answers:
    Viewing cartoon sites, in my opinion has nothing to do with religion. There are so much to be done other than running after those websites. Afghanistan is not doing well in economy and peace and order. They should concentrate on this, and not doing nonsense internet site hunting.

riaviente, May 19, 2010 IP
  18. msk19994

msk19994 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    u all are bloody atheists u dont hav any religion u dont hav any values so bug off u dont even know the meaning of religion and religious values so dont crap here and the banning of facebook was not the whole governments choise it was the peoples choise so dont bullshit here ok

and evry 1 is pakistan is against this Draw Muhammed Day and evry 1 is pinging sites that hav pics of the prophet P.B.U.H and some site have already gone down bec of that this shows that evry 1 in pakistan is against it and bec of no users gong on facebook.Facebook lost alot
    of users and profit bec of that.
    so dont crap here DigitalPoint is not a place for racism and evry thing dont point out to other religions and their believes look at ur self first see where u stand i on the other hand respect all the religions i dont say and crap abt other religions its about time u guys shut the hell up and dont post crappy thing about other religions

And ur saying there is no freedom in pakistan my friend there is alot of freedom here u only see crappy stuff on the news come here then u can actually see the real pakistan

the media shows the other side of pakistan ie there is alot of extremism here my friend the media is a crap they dont show the real side of pakistan bec its a modern country there is no extremism in cites of pakistan and no one cares what happens here evry 1 is free here so plese take back ur statement that in pakistan there is no freedom

This is a quote for u Christians making pics of our holy prophet
    While All Islam World regard with reverence to your prophet and address him as Hz. ISA A.S ( Christ ) ( putting a holy prefix in front of his name ),
    You keep abusing, Islam's almighty Prophet with disgusting and disgraceful cartoons using excuses of freedom of speech.

No doubt, Hz. Isa ( Christ ) would dislike and hate your nation.

Be God's Curse On You !

Last edited: May 20, 2010
    msk19994, May 20, 2010 IP
  19. Darpie

Darpie Peon

Best Answers:
    (I don't think there are many Christians here sir)

But the atheist have values, and a very big important one is Freedom.

That includes the freedom to mock your religion and your religious figures because we think it is all nonsense. Keep crying though.

Darpie, May 20, 2010 IP
  20. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    1) Those saying to be anti Islam is racist, it's not. To dislike, mistrust or hate something based on logic and reason is human nature. Islam is at war with the West. Given their way they would be raping children, stoning people, whipping people, etc. These insane behaviors have no place in our countries; but to voice that, or to be against child marriage and polygamy and wife beating is somehow racist. I don't think so. (You are NOT a race. Muslims can be Australian, I'm Australian, do I hate Australians? No. I hate Muslims. I'm no racist.)

2) It's great seeing how happy the Pakistanis are about being dominated and controlled. Personally, I like free will. (Being submissive little mice, is there a strong BDSM prostitution trade in Pakistan?)

3) msk19994 - you can make one post. not 3. Careful, you'll get infractions. :) Also, learn what Atheists are. You are insulting a belief system, something your Muslim buddy said you guys don't do. Atheists have values based on what is logical, rather than values based on a fear of hell and 72 untouched camels in the sky :)

4) Rebecca - OMG, I know, right? Facebook is the devil. One of my friends has a picture of her snogging her girlfriend! Another has one of her HOLDING hands with a guy SHE ISN'T MARRIED TO - and another one has a picture where she is clearly drunk and eating BACON. That's like, PORK.

*The last picture may or may not have been me. In my defense, at least it wasn't a whole leg of glazed ham, something I love at Christmas time.

PS - Darpie, good post - I enjoy reading what you have to say.

Last edited: May 20, 2010
    alexispetrov, May 20, 2010 IP