1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogger as Landing Page?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by paulmagno, May 18, 2010.

My question to the heavy hitters on this forum is this:

Is it advisable to use Blogger (aka blogspot) free sites as a landing page?

Will Adwords take anything away from the quality score of your site if you do so?

My M.O. has been to use blogspot sites, tinker with them and then buy a custom domain name that I can use for that site...The reason for this is that I'm a computer newbie and find the Blogger sites much easier to customize than an actual website...

Am I somehow putting my fledgling business at risk by doing this?

Any other suggestions?

paulmagno, May 18, 2010 IP
  2. erase

erase Member

Best Answers:
    You do can use Blogger as a landingpage.
    Another option for you is to buy a domain and hosting and install Wordpress. It is really simple to install Wordpress, it will take you 10 minutes at most.

There are plenty of free themes available for Wordpress which you can then use for your landing page.

erase, May 19, 2010 IP
  3. rickmci

rickmci Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would agree having your own landind page is the best long term bet for sure...

rickmci, May 19, 2010 IP
  4. lgnokia

lgnokia Peon

Best Answers:
    yes u can use blogspot as landing page in google because i have seen blogspot many times as landing page in adsense

lgnokia, May 19, 2010 IP
  5. LionCirth

LionCirth Member

Best Answers:
    I do prefer to use WordPress - To test the different markets I wish to promote, my plan is to create free wordpress blogs and create 10 articles for each product. Once I get one that converts well, ill consider getting a domain etc concentrating on that niche.

LionCirth, May 19, 2010 IP
  6. Chri5123

Chri5123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can use blogger, I have actually done this in the past, and still do when i am testing a product.

However I would not use blogger as a conventional landing page, if you make it into a blog about the product, maybe with your real life experiences that might work very well...

Chri5123, May 19, 2010 IP
  7. webmarketingaid

webmarketingaid Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogger can be a good starting landing page. However your best bet is to have your own domain. In Blogger do not, as Chri5123 said, make it a conventional landing page. Set up a personal blog about yourself and talk about your product. Your posts can contain links to your product.

webmarketingaid, May 19, 2010 IP
  8. Adraco

Adraco Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, don't use blogger for much more than some testing and trying out new markets. Get a domain and some simple hosting at for example Godaddy or HostGator, where you can install a Wordpress site in just a few minutes. Learn how to customize one for yourself or use one of the many skins/templates there are available. This will be a lot better for you in the long run.

Adraco, May 19, 2010 IP
  9. J1218

J1218 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely get your own domain and hosting. If you know how to setup a free site at Blogger, you can easily setup a self-hosted Wordpress site too.

It's not uncommon for people to put a lot of work into building up a blog on a free site only to have it shut down by the network. If you were making money off it, it's all gone.

J1218, May 19, 2010 IP
  10. Big0ne

Big0ne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It really matters the way landing page looks, but once you see fapturboreview.net, making serious money, you ask yourself. It's more important site-user relation than the way site looks.

Big0ne, May 20, 2010 IP
  11. mt33

mt33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    blogger is for starting is good method but if you're going to work professional i prefer to buy domain and host .

mt33, May 20, 2010 IP
  12. Profit Blade

Profit Blade Peon

Best Answers:
    You will want to change around so many things later. So I suggest you grab cheap domain and hosting as soon as you can spend it.

Profit Blade, May 21, 2010 IP
  13. josecli

josecli Member

Best Answers:
    Of course it works both Blogger, Wordpress or web as html. What you need is a lot of traffic

josecli, May 23, 2010 IP
  14. cpa-money

cpa-money Peon

Best Answers:
    it is better if you build your own landing page and buy a domain name. it looks more professional that way. but you can still start with blogspot and if it`s goes well you can afford changing the landing pages

cpa-money, May 23, 2010 IP