1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to direct customers to ebook after sale

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Karel, May 16, 2010.

I sell quite a few ebooks on my chosen subject and at the minute only have a redirect url entered into the paypal button code. For a long time I have had trouble with some seemingly being directed to the page and others emailing me asking how they get it, it just seems pot luck and is becoming a real pain. I am not savvy on any other way to make sure they receive it everytime without a problem. Not after a bunch of affiliate links hopefully just some solid advice, as I am still learning.

Thanks

Karel, May 16, 2010 IP
  2. imagatto2

imagatto2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    smartdd - its free - I can set it up for a fee if you need me to .

imagatto2, May 17, 2010 IP
  3. 50plus

50plus Guest

Best Answers:
    >> others emailing me asking how they get it

1. have you checked your log files to verify whether or not they were redirected to your page after payment
    2. is it clearly stated on your redirect page what they need to do next to download your ebook

remember that not all visitors/customers are tech savvy and that unless it stares them in the face they won't know what to do ;)

50plus, May 17, 2010 IP
  4. Karel

Karel Peon

Best Answers:
    Any other suggestions? Has to be simple for me as I am not massively techie, but do have a webmaster who could help.

Thanks

Karel, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  5. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you can use some e-junkie type of serivces for such downloads

chandan123, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  6. roopajyothi

roopajyothi Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can try ejunkie or if you have hosting (or signuo for a free .co.cc and 110mb hosting) use 7 Dollars Script :)

roopajyothi, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  7. jeffresq

jeffresq Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I started adding a paragraph to all of my sales pages whwere I use Paypal that reads: "After you conclude the trasnaction with Paypal, you will be redirected to a receipt page. On the left of that page will either be a Button or a Text Link that reads "Return to Merchant" or "Return to XXX" (where XXX is the name of my website). Click on that button/link and you will be taken immediately to the download page."

Since adding that text to my sales pages (either on top or just below the Buy Now button) my customer service issues have plummeted by 95%. Where I was having to supply the download page via email every 3 or 4 transactions, now I only have to do it once every 20-25 transactions.

jeffresq, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  8. roopajyothi

roopajyothi Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can even customize that Return to Merchant button instead of adding this sort of crappy text in sales page :)
    If you cant i can help you! :)

roopajyothi, Jun 20, 2010 IP