1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling iPhone Unlocking Website with Revenue ($x,xxx), Ads Campaign, Auto-Updating Solution

Discussion in 'Sites' started by GloriousHD, Oct 12, 2009.

I'm selling my iPhone Unlocking website that I have been working on over the past month or two.

iUnlockanyiPhone3Gs.com

It's earned me just over $1,000 (excluding ad costs) in the month or so that I have been running it. Originally I planned to just make a nice design and sell the site with no revenue, but I come accross some marketing ideas that clearly worked well, its allowed the site to earn some revenue and will hopefully increase it's value!

I will pass on details for the adcampaign I have run previously, and also the two sites where I have banner / text links at (They bring in a reasonable amount of the traffic and sales), The cost of the two banners works out at $25 per month.

The site has 3 solutions, all created by me (and I can show previews to people who are interested) that are automatically updated. Through use of iFrames, the solution the customer downloads picks the latest solution from files on my server, allowing me (or the new owner) to update the solution, or text in the guides at any time, allowing all customers (past, present and future) to see the new changes.

Currently the unlocks work up to firmware 3.1 / 3.1.2 on the iPhone 2G and 3G, and firmware 3.0.1 on the iPhone 3Gs.

As soon as updates are made available, I will update the files on my server, therefor the auto-updating guides will update. So there will be little for the new owner to do except answer support e-mails and do further marketing if you wish. If I was to keep the site I would start looking into SEO as well to get some organic traffic. (Again I can supply an SEO campaign for the new owner if they would like one).

The site sells the unlocking solutions at $26.99, and the product is delivered instantly via e-mail. Since September 1st I have had 46 sales at $26.99.

I'm selling because I could use a bulk sum of cash right now, rather than continuing work on the site.. So someone will get a bargain :)

I'm happy to accept Escrow.com as payment (safest way) or Bank Wire.

The domain is registered with Dynadot.com and can be pushed to the new owner for free.

The website is currently hosted with me but I'll be happy to provide assistance moving the site over to your own servers.

GloriousHD, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  2. xplicit702

xplicit702 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Isn't the SIM firmware free? What are you charging for? Are you offering something different?

xplicit702, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  3. GloriousHD

GloriousHD Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Nope it's not free to unlock. You can unlock in some countries through iTunes, but the only person I read about who has done this paid 100 Euro's! You can buy the iPhone SIM Free from certain countries, but again thats very very expensive. 100 Euros for an unlock from Apple is around $200, compared to $26.99.

I'm providing the jailbreak (allows you to use tons of third party apps, including themes), the unlock, the iPhone Extras and support.

4. xplicit702

xplicit702 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    xplicit702, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  5. GloriousHD

GloriousHD Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sorry I misunderstood your question.

Yep there are free tools available, like in your link.. A jailbreak procedure for 3.1.2 (note thats not an unlock, just a jailbreak). What my solution offers is a complete solution, everything you need to UNLOCK your iPhone, including the jailbreak process, the activation process (if required) and then the unlock process.

All the software and tools required are included and the guide is complete, step by step taking the user through each process.

A lot of people prefer to pay the small fee of $25 and get the complete solution and support/troubleshooting, rather than searching around, having to locate the correct guides for themselves, then locate the correct software/tools and no one to turn to if they get stuck.

Because the guide is auto-updating as well, it's great for the customers as they can rest assured that they will have the latest solution, always.

As well as that there are some bundled free themes, games, apps and wallpapers that are included.

6. GloriousHD

GloriousHD Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No interest?

GloriousHD, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  7. deepeele

deepeele Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I wouldn't waste a single of my hard earned $ on a iphone unlock site, there are too many scamers out there.

deepeele, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  8. A_Tjuh

A_Tjuh Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm wondering you say UNLOCK every iphone 3GS i think thats pretty good since from the new baseband it isn't possible yet to unlock the iphone with any app yet... Correct me if i'm wrong but Unlocking with the new baseband isn't possible yet. But Jailbreaking is until about 3.1.2 so could you elaborate?

A_Tjuh, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  9. Suvrajit

Suvrajit Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Suvrajit, May 16, 2010 IP