1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you suggest a CMS for a site similar to this one?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Adam_Paterson, May 12, 2010.

Hi there,

A client would like a site which functions the same as www.photoenter.com

As far as I can see this site is running on ASP and looks like it has it's own CMS behind it.

However, I want to create something similar using a PHP/MySQL CMS. The main functions I'd need are user login, upload images, categorize images and vote for images etc.

Obviously the two that spring to mind are Wordpress or Joomla! Has anybody had some experience with a site like this?

Regards,

Adam_Paterson, May 12, 2010 IP
  2. AlcVitRes

AlcVitRes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, ASP.NET Ajax.. For your desired functionality, though,
    it's easier use Coppermine Photo Gallery, which has all of
    functions above. Copper also supports importing zipped pics.

AlcVitRes, May 12, 2010 IP
  3. gangwisch

gangwisch Peon

Best Answers:
    I highly reecommend DotNetNuke as a cms for the asp.net side of things. NotesForGallery is the one i used and have been very pleased with.

gangwisch, May 15, 2010 IP
  4. Adam_Paterson

Adam_Paterson Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi AlcVitRes, sorry for the delay in getting back to you I've been really busy this weekend. However I'm looking into this, I've played around with Coppermine Photo Gallery a few times in the past but not really found a use for it. Hopefully this will provide a good solution

Thank you for your input, however as mentioned I require the system to be written in PHP/MySQL.

Adam_Paterson, May 17, 2010 IP
  5. Adam_Paterson

Adam_Paterson Guest

Best Answers:
    Bumping this one again (sorry!)

I've installed a few OS CMS systems (joomla,wordpress,modx) on my server. Just trying to find the best system to use for my clients site. They are looking to set a competition each week. The members then upload their photos and the other members vote. Thats the basics of it.

I was looking at Joomla with an image voting extension and a memebership extension. Does anybody have any better suggestions?

Adam_Paterson, May 25, 2010 IP