1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank Affliation Vs Google Adsense

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by brtodi, May 6, 2010.

?

adsense OR affliate? which is better?

Poll closed May 27, 2010.
  1. adsense

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. affliate

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    clickbank can be profitable, far more than adsence but it depends what type of website and traffic you have.

People using clickbank will not show you their websites because of fears of competition, something that Adsence guys dont have to worry much about.

Maybe you should post the link of your website so that people can give you better suggestions, becuase they will know what target audience your site is about.

web_18designer, May 10, 2010 IP
  2. brtodi

brtodi Peon

Best Answers:
    I am closing out the thread.

brtodi, May 10, 2010 IP
  3. whelan

whelan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Clickbank is a tougher sell since the visitor has to be convinced to spend money. Adsense is a simple click but you need the traffic. Spyfu is a neat site, they tell you the highest adsense paying adverts. Most of them are very competitive like insurance and credit cards etc. If you have a decent review page on a Clickbank product, the chances of selling are much more likely.

whelan, May 10, 2010 IP
  4. Crafty Blogger

Crafty Blogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey brtodi,

There are already tons of useful threads here to help with setting up a clickbank site, so I suggest you do some searches and find them. However, I have experience both with AdSense and Clickbank (as well as Amazon) sites, and I would say that in terms of a business model, you should look to setting up both affiliate and AdSense websites since it is never good to have all your eggs in the same basket (so to speak). I think that if you are being successful with your AdSense websites, you should be able to translate that over to Clickbank. However, the basics of setting up a website are a bit different. You will need to do some research and reading on how to best pitch clickbank products, since with AdSense the content does not matter quite as much. Keep in mind that with one Clickbank sale you can generate more money than what you might get from a month of AdSense clicks on a website, so if you can get it ranking well they can ultimately be much more profitable.

Crafty Blogger, May 10, 2010 IP
  5. brtodi

brtodi Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for suggesting the spyfu website. I just hope other viewers are as accomodating in spreading the ideas and knowledge.

brtodi, May 11, 2010 IP
  6. prasxz

prasxz Peon

Best Answers:
    adsense and clickbank is different kind of business....adsense is pay per click means you must drive traffic to your site hope someone click on ads and clickbank is internet marketing means you must drive targeted visitor to your site and make them buy the products....you can combine it

prasxz, May 11, 2010 IP
  7. brtodi

brtodi Peon

Best Answers:
    Which makes it evident that you have to put extra effort for Affliate marketing. Adsense is more easy and the revenue would keep flowing if you website gets traffic.

brtodi, May 12, 2010 IP
  8. brtodi

brtodi Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a kind of trade off between hardwork with clickbank getting you more money vs easy work in adsense generating lower revenues

brtodi, May 12, 2010 IP
  9. brtodi

brtodi Peon

Best Answers:
    Good Idea Campo, but not easy to implement.

brtodi, May 14, 2010 IP
  10. joel007

joel007 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to make SERIOUS money, then Affiliate Marketing (CB, CJ, etc) is the way to go, and if you want to make even MORE SERIOUS money, owning your own product/service is the way to go. Adsense is no longer as reliable and profitable as it used to be back in the days were the revenues between the webmaster and Google were 50 - 50, but now the webmaster gets somewhere around 15 - 20% of the revenues. Google Adsense these days is to be used as "extra" change, not a primary business model.

In a nutshell, if you want to start to start a business, sell other people's stuff or your own. If you want "extra cash" go with Adsense.

P.S, yes, I use both. :D

joel007, May 15, 2010 IP
  11. stingrays06

stingrays06 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is more earning potential with clickbank, but it will take some time to become successfull marketing digital products.

stingrays06, May 15, 2010 IP
  12. brtodi

brtodi Peon

Best Answers:
    But I am not selling digital products.

brtodi, May 17, 2010 IP
  13. Orangespecka

Orangespecka Guest

Best Answers:
    I would trial run clickbank and see

Orangespecka, May 17, 2010 IP
  14. brtodi

brtodi Peon

Best Answers:
    I have seen google adsense starting to give improved returns. What is the general mood among other adsense users?

brtodi, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  15. Dalyinx

Dalyinx Peon

Best Answers:
    I have adsense on my hubpages, which actually gets more traffic than my website, but I've made significantly more off my website.

(even taking into account the 40% taken off)

Dalyinx, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  16. deanbrown

deanbrown Peon

Best Answers:
    first, it's probably best if you share your site details / niche. it would be easier for us to gauge and how to help you.

deanbrown, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  17. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you dont consider our niche to be profitable for clickbank or adsense then just consider the ctr and conversion rate.at an average both lie around 1% and adsense will give you less than 1$ for that and clickbank wil give more than 20$ at an average

laxman363, Jul 25, 2010 IP