1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Traffic Building 101- Start your own Site..

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by floodrod, May 12, 2010.

I see lots of questions and even more answers to this same question..

What's the best way to promote? Squidoo, Hubpages, Ezine, articlesbase, Blah Blah Blah.. If you ask me, I say "Start Your Own Content Site".

I attached my awstats for my article site only. This doesn't count my vendor site, my landing pages, etc.

If you can dedicate yourself to build your own content collection and obtain organic traffic from search engines and natural links:

. You don't need PPC
    . You Don't need to make Hubs and Lenses
    . You don't have to Submit to EA or AB

And if your content is decent, you don't even have to do much link building. You get traffic everyday for free, make sales everyday, and you can promote anyway you want on your own site.

Yes, it takes time and dedication to build a content rich site. But in the long run, it beats scavenging for sales by feeding the powerhouse sites.

Attached Files:

floodrod, May 12, 2010 IP
  2. cyclo394

cyclo394 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good reminder with proof it works. A lot of affiliates feel that they can't do this at first, because they need to make money now-fast and quick. That may be true to some extent, but I guarantee you that if you build unique content around physical products, as well as digital, those sites will make consistent sales far sooner than you would ever imagine. That is if you choose niches and long tails wisely. There is a whole world of products that you can weave into a site, along with your digital products.

cyclo394, May 12, 2010 IP
  3. reinaz

reinaz Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm exactly agree with your way floodrod..........
    thanks for your remaining anyway.......

reinaz, May 12, 2010 IP
  4. Adraco

Adraco Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quality counts, always has and always will. Problem is that most people are so eager for that quick buck, they just don't have the patience to build something up from the ground. Instead they only do the minimum required to try to chase after the cheap cash.

Adraco, May 12, 2010 IP
  5. rjd1265

rjd1265 Active Member

Best Answers:
    so what content site do you own?

rjd1265, May 13, 2010 IP
  6. joypackard

joypackard Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for reminder.

joypackard, May 13, 2010 IP
  7. karaboga

karaboga Peon

Best Answers:
    I disagree. you cannot rank well unless you optimize your website for search engine ranking. Because competetion is very high and lots of people are creating websites and putting fresh content! Content is absolutely the most important factor it won't work all alone

karaboga, May 13, 2010 IP
  8. Chri5123

Chri5123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Spot on ^ Excellent post!

Took me a long time to realize that!

Also you can set up your own site and build traffic to it and it is yours like you say!

You can then sell on Flippa if it is bringing in $$$'s if you get fed up with the niche.

By all means use the other sites to build backlinks and so on.

Chris

Chri5123, May 14, 2010 IP
  9. homesure

homesure Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

I would like to have a look at the site if possible

homesure, May 14, 2010 IP
  10. floodrod

floodrod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure. www.unexplainable.net It's no secret:)

floodrod, May 14, 2010 IP
  11. pawan629

pawan629 Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, your website is really very unique, this type of website cant be found anywhere on net, but I didn't check how much revenue it is generating.

www.forexz.co.cc

pawan629, May 14, 2010 IP
  12. joel007

joel007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good thread, the "business model" of feeding your unique content that you've worked hard to create to all these article sites is not a good business model at all anymore, especially these days with the good old copy n' paste. Build and have the content on your own website. Of course if you want to make quick buck, do the article submission thing. :D

joel007, May 15, 2010 IP
  13. slimjim2010

slimjim2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
    slimjim2010, May 15, 2010 IP
  14. floodrod

Best Answers:
    floodrod, May 16, 2010 IP
  15. Orangespecka

Orangespecka Guest

Best Answers:
    great site!

Orangespecka, May 17, 2010 IP
  16. numbers

numbers Peon

Best Answers:
    is it a good idea to write article for our own site and then slightly alter the article and submit them to articles sites and put link to the article on our site? I mean I read that bum marketers tend to write articles for ez and then re-post the articles to different directories and put link to the article on ez to boost ranking in SERP. which one do you guys think is the best solution?

thanks,
    Torrey.

numbers, May 17, 2010 IP
  17. floodrod

Best Answers:
    Personally, instead of rewriting the article for someone else, I would use that time to write a whole new article for your own site. The more good articles you publish, the more bookmarkers you will attract.. And the people you get to bookmark your site are the kind of traffic that will opt in to your list and possibly buy..

If they find the information at articlesbase, they will bookmark articlesbase.. If they find the information at your site, they will bookmark your page..

If the articles you write are good, other sites will pick them up and link to them naturally because all webmasters want good content..

floodrod, May 18, 2010 IP
  18. Phobos

Phobos Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude, I've stumbled on your site about 2 weeks ago when I was searching for info on sleep paralysis. Nice site, I hop I'll own a site with a stat like that by the end of the year. Good job and keep up the good work.

Phobos, May 18, 2010 IP
  19. marcusio

marcusio Peon

Best Answers:
    This only works though when you are already getting traffic surely? I cant just make a site now and continually post articles on it hoping someone will hopefully find it can I

marcusio, May 18, 2010 IP
  20. floodrod

Best Answers:
    It only takes one link to be listed in Google.. You will start in small numbers and the traffic numbers will grow as your content collection grows.. It's Truth.. I am under the belief that the sole production of your own content out performs writing for links in the long run. And In the end, You have a much more valuable piece in your hand than you would have by submitting all your articles to someone else.

If you submit your original article to an article directory and other webmasters like it and want to link to it, the article directory will get the backlinks.. But if the article is on your site, your the winner..

I will admit though, it takes time and perseverance.

floodrod, May 18, 2010 IP