1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to leave comments on WordPress websites

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by alex298, May 12, 2010.

Hello,

My question is: Why cannot leave comments on all WordPress blogs?

I have been trying to leave comments on WP blogs for over a hundred times for the past two years. However every time I got this problem, I just left and visited another blogs (usually go to Blogger and Yahoo which they do not have this problem). To-day I came across this problem again. I finally decide to know what may be the problem for WP blogs.

My problem is:

Every time I fill in all the information in the Comment section and click on the 'Submit Comment' button, it goes to a bank page (usually goes to a page like http://www.wpDomainName.com/wp-comments-post.php). And I noticed that my comments never posted there.

There is no sign up or register link for WP websites.

How can I leave comments on WP blogs? Actually I posted this question on the forum of WordPress.org. However nobody answer this question. It seems that WordPress blogs do not like or allow people to leave comments.

Best regards

Alex

alex298, May 12, 2010 IP
  2. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is probably because your comment has to be approved/moderated by the blog owner.

gr8liverpoolfan, May 12, 2010 IP
  3. alex298

alex298 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I am afraid not. There is no reasons all my comments on so many WP blogs for the past two years are all not approved, not even one!

I think the WP blogs need to log in to leave comments. The problem is there is any any register and log in links for WP blogs. Why WP blogs have such pooooor design? And this is a pity that many WP owners even do not know many visitors cannot leave comments.

It seems that Blogger is much user friendly. That's why most people like Blogger.

Best regards

Alex

alex298, May 13, 2010 IP
  4. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    That happens to blogs who have wp-spam free plugin, i have installed it in my blog, and tried to comment with other email address, and didn't see this comment in my admin panel. Contact the blog owner and ask about this.

KimiGermany, May 14, 2010 IP
  5. Jessiepeace

Jessiepeace Peon

Best Answers:
    I promise you can definitely comment on my wordpress.
    Try it if you like...
    http://suchacalamity.wordpress.com/
    I would be devastated if people couldn’t out of wordpress.

Jessiepeace, May 14, 2010 IP
  6. alex298

alex298 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all,

Thanks for your help.

However I found another BIG PROBLEM with my computer or my network.

I rarely register forums and joined discussion in the past few years. But now I have more leisure time so I decided to sign up a facebook account and some discussion forums.

I signed up a discussion forum yesterday. However when I replied about 4 or 5 posts, I suddenly received a message that my account was banned forever due to spamming. I thought the system must made a mistake. Therefore I sent emails to the moderators. This is what they told me why my account was banned:

I searched for Google and may got some idea about the term "paid poster". Of course I am absolutely not a paid poster. All my posts participating in all forums in the past 5 years should be less than 100.

I don't understand why there are HUGE number of IDs all under that IP. What does this means? Why?

Is this the problem of the network of my ISP?

Or is this the problem of my computer?

Actually I also noticed some other strange things before but I never take care of them:

1. I signed up a facebook about three months ago. However when I just added about 30 friends, facebook blocked my account for two weeks due to spamming. Now whenever I added 4 or 5 friends, the system will warn me spamming too. Is this problem also cause by the above reason?

2. When some people save the files on the public FTP servers (e.g. hotfiles or uploading), I never succeed in downloading the files. The system always say like "you are already downloading a file..... Only one file is allowed to download at a time." I always wondered why always said I was downloading a file.

I am afraid that this should be the problem why I cannot leave comments on WordPress.

Could somebody tell me what may the problem and how can I solve it? I don't want to be mis-taken as a post paider or spammer!!

Thanks and best regards

Alex

alex298, May 14, 2010 IP
  7. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess this is because of the network of your ISP. A few people from the same ISP in your country did something bad, and they were banned, and this, including you. I am sorry about this, but this happens in many countries which still has same IP range for lots of people.

KimiGermany, May 15, 2010 IP
  8. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    This is not because Worpdress has poor design, it's because Wordpress is designed great.
    Your comments are not getting through because they have been flagged as useless, or spam. Plain and Simple.

I can't believe in 2 years you haven't figured out that you are a spammer and that is why you keep getting denied.

Yes, you have better luck with blogger because blogger is easier to spam and Blogger is free. You can spam a free blog all day long trying to build back links, but when people start spending money on their websites, they are a little more particular about letting other bloggers use them for a back link and drop spam comments, which you have just clearly demonstrated that this is all that you are doing.

Most webmasters and website owners could care less about your SEO efforts and will deny your comment every time.

We know what we are doing and if your comment is not getting through, it's because we don't want it to. My blog is not here for you to build back links. If you want your comment to stay, then try actually reading the article and leaving something that adds to the post, not just drop your own selfish link.

I just made a post in the Link Building section about this. You should read it:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1806725

Last edited: May 18, 2010
    hmansfield, May 18, 2010 IP
  9. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't know where you are in the world, but either you, or someone on your IP address has signed up on different websites and networks with multiple usernames and passwords.

This is a red flag since it is how spammers operate. the only way to get rid of that designation is to get your own static IP address.

Most webmasters and website owners will report IP addressees when they have been spammed so that they can be listed in anti spam databases.

This may have something to do with why you can't leave any comments, but I'd be more likely to believe that it's the comments that you are leaving...not your IP address.

The most common Wordpress anti spam plug in will still hold a comment for moderation, so it's still humans that are denying your comments.

You can check to see if your IP address is listed as a spammer here:
    http://www.dnsbl.info/dnsbl-database-check.php.

So for all the [other] spammers out there, when you spam a website with comment links, fake user accounts, or splog registrations, all you are doing is telling the webmaster to put you on the list of spam IP addresses.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
    hmansfield, May 18, 2010 IP
  10. Jamesyfws2

Jamesyfws2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not a programmer/hacker so I don't know if this can really be done but I read a article a few months ago some hackers were using a trojan to take control of innocent people's computers to send spam without thier knowlege. The innocent people were getting banned from websites and some of the ISPs were closing the accounts too.

Jamesyfws2, May 23, 2010 IP