1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PageRank problem

Discussion in 'Google' started by axiaer, May 14, 2010.

A very serious question to all of senior SEO professionals.
    i have domain axiaer.com and Google webmaster says i have 585 Backlinks but even after 1 year of domain life we still have 0 PR

Please help me, how to improve site's PR. Need urgent help, first i thought it will take time to get ranking but how much wait i've to wait even more ?

axiaer, May 14, 2010 IP
  2. joesmith

joesmith Peon

Best Answers:
    You won't get anything from PR, better give less importance for that. Your site has low alexa rank showing that your site has less number of traffic. Try to improve that and SERP rankings.

joesmith, May 14, 2010 IP
  3. animesh

animesh Active Member

Best Answers:
    webmaster show all the link , but what google consider as valuable link can be determine by searching link:axiaer.com in google search and you have only 2 backlink.

Some site got high PR only for 1 or 2 such backlink but those backlinks are of high quality. THey should be relevant to your site and from a high pr sites.
    If you can't do seo then hire someone or outsource this work to some companies.

animesh, May 14, 2010 IP
  4. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is completely meaningless. Google don't show all backlinks publicly, but there's no reason to assume that the sample backlinks that are shown are any indication of how 'valuable' a link may be.

magda, May 14, 2010 IP
    east likes this.
  5. axiaer

axiaer Peon

Best Answers:
    Well my search results are quiet good actually "Back office outsourcing UK" & "Business Process Automation UK" are the two major keywords and are on first position...

I had some doubt about the term "Quality and Relevancy of link"

We can define quality by: good reputation, PR, Links, content and bla bla

But what actually you mean by Relevancy. We provide Outsourcing services majority in UK and Europe, so what could be the most relevant site to back link?

Moreover, i had a discussion with one other SEO expert somewhere in India, and according to him posting a blog comment in even an completely different site for example budhism site be as important as linking to a business outsourcing forum...

This SEO is really a myth, what to do and what no to .... :(

axiaer, May 14, 2010 IP
  6. larysmith711

larysmith711 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some expert... sad. Blog commenting isn't going to give you much link juice if any. I wouldn't focus on PR but if you want to increase it it's simple. Get some links on some high PR websites.

larysmith711, May 14, 2010 IP
    gauravgrt likes this.
  7. gauravgrt

gauravgrt Peon

Best Answers:
    First ask yourself why are you interested in PR?? Do you want to sell links?? Or should you more concern about SERPs and more visitors??

gauravgrt, May 14, 2010 IP
  8. plusplustutoring

plusplustutoring Active Member

Best Answers:
    1) Backlinks have to be PR1+
    2) A page can only pass a certain amount of PageRank

plusplustutoring, May 14, 2010 IP
  9. Iain Johnstone

Iain Johnstone Peon

Best Answers:
    Have to agree page rank is less important than most people think. Yes its nice to have a high PR site but unless your a directory or sell link space it really has little importance to making money.

Focus on getting targeted traffic is and should always be priority one. Find blogs and websites within your niche and get back links from them either through post comment - these should be more than just a few words and relevant to the post (content counts as much for comment posting as it does for your own website).

Iain Johnstone, May 14, 2010 IP
  10. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    use link:yourdomain.com to know the backlinks listed by GOOGLE! Actually you only have 2

omarabid, May 14, 2010 IP
  11. DoDo Me

DoDo Me Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, only the links found by search "link:domain.com" at google are officially recognized as backlink which will pass PR by google.

The links shown in webmaster tool, just links.

DoDo Me, May 14, 2010 IP
  12. simpley

simpley Member

Best Answers:
    Well relevant back links on high traffic site will help you to increase visitors to your website

simpley, May 14, 2010 IP
  13. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR is not very important. So, you should not think about it. And also your site just have 2 backlinks as per Google. So, you need more to get PR.

Serious Workers, May 14, 2010 IP
  14. casius

casius Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Check your content, should it not be copy or other you can change the contents & keyword for your website & after that you can start backlinks to your website like: Submit Directoey in PR3, Article submission & Forum posting

casius, May 14, 2010 IP
  15. axiaer

axiaer Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree its not a myth, But if you thoroughly go through all the comments in this thread, you'll definitely find strange and drastic contradictions that will end people like me in great confusion that what to do and what not to...

When almost you've done everything for your domain from last 1 year, and still you are on the point, you did it right or wrong?
    was all those HIGH PR Sites and blogs were really relevant. In fact above all, Does PR Really justifies the time and investment you've spend on that? ....

In fact i'm, on this particular topic, using 4 forums for best possible conclusion, but trust me, about 100 SEO guys have replied with most of them "SEO SERVICES" in their signature, giving such opinions....

axiaer, May 15, 2010 IP
  16. AGKnow

AGKnow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The links in the footer (to your website with different titles) look like spam

AGKnow, May 19, 2010 IP
  17. AirForce1

AirForce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    For getting a higher PR, I think keeping your site up to date with keyword oriented contents plus building dofollowed backlinks from decent sources, especially from those niche relative higher PR sites would be necessary and enough, IMO.

Have a nice day,

AirForce1, May 19, 2010 IP
  18. clbyodo

clbyodo Peon

Best Answers:
    You can improve your sites PR by building more backlinks to your site specially from high PR sites.

clbyodo, May 19, 2010 IP
  19. tansley

tansley Member

Best Answers:
    For my two penny worth I would say that you should concentrate on traffic , Pagerank means squat unless you are seling links. But if you want to get a higher PR you need to seek out a link seller or try to work out some kind of exchange deal. 500+ zero PR packlinks are not worth too much , try to get a couple of PR4 links and that will help much more..

tansley, May 19, 2010 IP
  20. nucleus99

nucleus99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Are they quality link? no point just having a large number of links if they dont have any quality in Googles eyes. Also PR can take a very long time so be patient..
    I would say continue building links and also concentrate on other aspects such as getting more traffic. If you do these things well PR will soon follow.

nucleus99, May 20, 2010 IP