1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No longer using sitemaps

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by CanadianEh, May 13, 2010.

I stopped updating my sitemaps a while ago. My information changes fairly often.

I don't think it has hurt me at all as new content is being indexed very quickly (1-3 days average). My rankings have never been better.

Does anyone know of a reason I should spend the time to update the sitemaps? Am I missing out on anything here?

CanadianEh, May 13, 2010 IP
  2. asiffaridi

asiffaridi Peon

Best Answers:
    I think , you have to update your sitemap whenever do update ur site, because crawler first read the site map.

asiffaridi, May 14, 2010 IP
  3. Boogy

Boogy Active Member

Best Answers:
    The site map not only helps search engine index your site better, it's also part of security. You must have a robots file....and point it to the sitemap. That should direct most (respectful) robots to read your site via the sitemap and not go snooping around to find pages.

But, also, lack of a sitemap does not and should not affect your indexing severely. Especial if you do proper linking between your pages.

Boogy, May 17, 2010 IP