1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

do u need ur own website to promote clickbank products?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by rahahm33, May 13, 2010.

do u need to make ur own website to promote other peoples clickbank products and just earn commission from that or is it possible to just cloak the hoplink and promote the url (ie: check the second link in my sig)

EDIT: another question, if i dont need a website to promote cb products, would simply buying targetted traffic and promoting my hoplink on various reputable sources (ie: adwords, etc.) eventually guarantee a sale?

Last edited: May 13, 2010
    rahahm33, May 13, 2010 IP
  2. floodrod

floodrod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Theoretically you don't need a website to promote, and if you buy enough traffic from different sources, there is good chance you will make sales, but making profit over expenditure is another question.

I would say that the chances of making profit increase drastically when you have your own landing pages, websites, and advertising in place.

floodrod, May 13, 2010 IP
    east likes this.
  3. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It's always better to have your own website since you have the control over everything..

There's quite a few stories with blogger blogs shut down, squidoo banning certain niches lately so I'd guess you want to stay away from trouble and secure your online business by buying your own domain name.

Al.

evelinawilliams007, May 13, 2010 IP
    east likes this.
  4. Dan Bainbridge

Dan Bainbridge Active Member

Best Answers:
    Read around the forums a little more, the general consensus is that havin your own landing page, with a review or solid article of some sort will work better for you... and of course if you rank it you will get free traffic, and of course if you develop a list then you can use the traffic again and again rather than pay for the traffic once and hope it converts and whether it does or doesnt you never see it again... there are a lot of benefits to having a landing page, not only an increased conversion but ultimately it is your own little piece of internet property to be flexible with and use in different ways..

Dan Bainbridge, May 13, 2010 IP
  5. rickmci

rickmci Active Member

Best Answers:
    Having your own website is always better and your CTR rate will be much better. However, it is posible to promote just the vendors sales page.

rickmci, May 13, 2010 IP
  6. rahahm33

rahahm33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ok thanks for the info..one more question: is there anyone who can help me with getting reviews or articles for my landing page? where would i get this information from? also how do i start building lists and getting traffric from that lists? what tools do i need? ive never done anything like this before..

rahahm33, May 13, 2010 IP
  7. JimmieS

JimmieS Peon

Best Answers:
    You can go to ezinearticles and use any article that relates to your niche as long as you give credit to the author. This will give you some seed content for your blog, but original articles work the best. These, you can submit to the article submission sites. Read some of the articles you find, you can find lots of good tips there. Look at blogs to get information; just do a search for getting traffic and automating your efforts and see what you can learn. Learning how to get traffic and build lists are two of the most important aspects of Internet Marketing. Everyone has to start somewhere. Any information you can get is worth the effort. You have to search diligently and not be afraid to put forth the effort to learn.

JimmieS, May 13, 2010 IP
  8. Chri5123

Chri5123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you don't NEED your own website to promote you can use the baisc affiliate link but it will be hard to get anywhere like this.

Best to set up your own site, and if you are not ready for this use a FREE method like blogger,com, squidoo, hubpages etc...

Chri5123, May 14, 2010 IP
  9. east

east Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if you want to make some cash, you should also spend some. It's very cheap to register your own site, install a WP and you can publish in it lots of articles, and in the same time your website will grow, and you will have also some aditional income sources from it.

east, May 14, 2010 IP
  10. homesure

homesure Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There are great advantages to having your own website such as making reviews, pre-selling, etc. From experience, you make more sales when you drive traffic to your own pages first.

homesure, May 14, 2010 IP
  11. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    You cant afford NOT to because most of your competitors does it. Its not expensive so its worth to spend a few bucks in return of earning more from your efforts.

web_18designer, May 14, 2010 IP
  12. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stay away from Adwords, if you are beginner, because PPC is a nightmare for starters.

Try article marketing, which is a good start. Once you make some cash, then you can try Adwords.

Have a look here > http://www.bummarketingmethod.com/

bl4ckmaN^, May 14, 2010 IP
  13. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no you don't need your own website to start out with. you can start with a blogger blog or a squidoo lens.. but at some point you would need your own site with hosting/domain that is when you build up enough "seed" money..

kb24, May 21, 2010 IP
  14. joel007

joel007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Stay away from Adwords, lol.

joel007, May 21, 2010 IP
  15. Profit Blade

Profit Blade Peon

Best Answers:
    Always better to have landing page. I suggest you learn before you are going to promote, especially if you are using paid traffic.

For second question, I would say the answer is NO. For some product, conversion into sales can be close to 0 (or I can pretty much say 0) . Reputable traffic doesn't guarantee anything, but reputable website/business may be as long as you keep sending the traffic.

Profit Blade, May 21, 2010 IP
  16. GrandRoyal

GrandRoyal Member

Best Answers:
    No my own site to promote every product i have would be a little expensive so i use web 2 pages to promote affiliate products. And also use them to collect emails of visitors.

GrandRoyal, May 24, 2010 IP
  17. king99

king99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    there are a lot of ways to promote clickbank products without a website ....... the same promotion method has to be applied when u have a website and u want to promote it ....... read around the forum a bit u will get an idea

king99, May 24, 2010 IP
  18. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can even use those hubpages or bukisa :D or any article directory site

etc, May 24, 2010 IP
  19. silverpoint

silverpoint Member

Best Answers:
    Jeeez, 99,9% (if not 100%) of clickbank affiliates using adwords FAIL in the long run. Adwords is also way too expensive to promote cheap little clickbank products.

silverpoint, May 24, 2010 IP
  20. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    @silverpoint

Adwords is a tough learning curve. It's not about promoting a cheap $39 product...

- If you're constantly improving/testing your campaigns to make them profitable,
    - Build lists and capture potential customers then you're most likely to succeed with adwords and any other PPC network.

It does take a lot of testing and it can cost you money too. But that's how things work..

Al.

evelinawilliams007, May 24, 2010 IP