1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$10,000+ Advice From Wealthy Affiliate University - A MUST READ

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by HelpingNewbies, May 12, 2010.

Now its no secret I'm a Wealthy Affiliate member (the univserity that taught me how to build quite a few profitable sites), but for those who aren't I'd love for everyone to check out this tidbit from one the owners as it'll hopefully show you how success can be easily achieved. Provided a bit of elbow grease is applied

Enjoy, and and questions or comments drop me an email or leave a reply!!

=====Golden Advice=====

Hey,

Carson here with a look into what I would do today if I had to start my Internet business from scratch. What would I do? How would I do it? and WHY?

So, here we are in April 2010, and in the past year the Internet marketing industry has seen the biggest changes that have affected marketers in the 8 years I’ve been earning a living online. I’ve seen the impact the changes Google and FTC rules can have on the most profitable and efficient campaigns that have been running for years.

I’m here to tell you that TODAY’S Internet marketers has to change the way they do things to stay current.

Here’s a story of ME, and what I focus on if I’m starting out as an Internet marketer TODAY!

First thing’s first, I’m going to learn what the heck Internet marketing is. This is the fundamental understanding that everyone that wants to succeed needs to know. That aside, I’m going to assume that I could explain what Internet marketing is to my mother, and have her understand it too.

Next.

I’m going to take what I know about the Internet and apply it to ONE major aspect of Internet marketing that will be the base of my Internet business. That is right, JUST ONE.

Google is the #1 place to get traffic in the world and whether you’re using free SEO techniques, or focus on placing ads using their Adwords Pay-per-click engine, the bottom line is that they are requiring that you offer value to people who visit your website.

Google uses a complicated algorithm that determines how “good” your websites are and gives each of your sites a SCORE. Google Quality Score is used to determine where your page is ranked in the search engines. It is also used to determine whether or not your ads should be displayed when advertising using Pay-per-click.

Knowing that Google is the worlds largest traffic source, and that the traffic is the highest quality, I’m going to focus on something that will allow me to build a business using Google as a traffic source.

What am I going to do?

I’m going to focus on something that might sound a bit scary at first, but it’s something I know I need to learn.

WEBSITES!

Maybe my goal is to earn $100 a month in profit. Maybe I want to earn $1000 a month in profit. Maybe my goal is to earn $10,000+ a month in profit from Internet marketing. Regardless… in order to do this I need to learn how to get traffic (people) to click on my affiliate links so I can start generating commissions…and in order to do this I need Google. In order to leverage Google, I need to offer value, and in order to do that I need a medium in which to do so. This is why I am going to focus on creating content for websites.

Whether I build a website from scratch, or use a blog, the one thing that I know is that I need to be able to deliver quality content that will help people. Then Google will give me a high quality score and then my opportunity is endless.

Since I’m new and don’t want to spend a bunch of money on website software or “offers” that flood my inbox daily, I’m going to grab myself a free blog (there are many of them out there). Then I’m going to start creating pages on my new blog that focus on what I’ve chosen to sell. I’m going to create myself a website out of my blog and spend an hour or so a day focusing on writing on my blog. I’ll put in my affiliate links, fine-tune the content for my Articles or PPC ads, and I’ll be well on my way.

My ONE focus is going to be on mastering websites and creating content that will provide value to my visitors.

When I’m ready, I’ll step-it-up a notch and grab myself my own domain ($10 or so a year) and get myself some hosting so I can run my website/blog from my own domain and start getting free listings due to my SEO efforts. I’ll scale my site so there are pages upon pages of content that are HIGHLY relevant to what I’m selling, keeping in mind that offering valuable information to my visitors is KEY to my success.

Once I get over the fear of building content for a website or blog, the only limit to the amount of money I want to make is TIME.

Ok.. that’s what I (Carson) would do if I had to start my Internet business today from scratch.

Everything else falls into place after I have the ability to deliver quality content online

(1) I can generate traffic using free techniques like Article marketing
    (2) I can focus on advertising using Pay-per-click marketing
    (3) I can start building an opt-in email list
    (4) I can start offering Video and other media on my site

All the most cutting-edge techniques and strategies that Internet marketing has to offer can leverage this ONE aspect of Internet marketing…a website and/or blog. This is my focus for starting a business from scratch today.

Don’t get me wrong though…

There is still huge opportunity online to build a business without a websites, but I want to spend my time focusing on one thing that will allow me to scale my business going forward. I also want to be able to utilize the endless stream of traffic from Google and that requires me to be able to deliver quality content.

Here’s the issue most people have:

WEBSITES SCARE THE HECK OUT OF YOU!

Don’t let that stand in your way. If you can write an email, you can write content for a website and there is ample training available to get a website or blog up and running. If you are going to focus on an aspect of Internet marketing that will take you to the next level, create a website or blog.

Let’s take a look at what I just went over:

(1) Build a website or Blog
    (2) Write Content
    (3) Promote it within Google
    (4) Scale it ANY WAY I want

Sound complex? It really isn’t that tough…but one thing that I do know in this day and age of the Internet Marketing world is that a website is becoming more and more of a necessity. Gone are the days of direct linking, MLM traffic schemes, and putting together low quality web pages.

This is how Carson builds a thriving Internet business in 2010.

Carson

HelpingNewbies, May 12, 2010 IP
  2. gbancrig

gbancrig Peon

Best Answers:
    I've thought about joing WA.... I don't think I will at this time though. Got too much else going on ;)

gbancrig, May 12, 2010 IP
  3. Baobab

Baobab Peon

Best Answers:
    Heard good things about WA too. But, as gbancrig, I too have too many projects going on. I'm sure it'll help some newbies though

Baobab, May 12, 2010 IP
  4. faith101

faith101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Building websites with good content over and over again is our plan for 2010. This does look like the way to go.

faith101, May 12, 2010 IP
  5. hopehunter

hopehunter Member

Best Answers:
    That information is about as helpful as a fish out of water. I mean if that's the type of info available on the site, I'm glad I haven't checked it out. I could be a master contributor! Here's another great way to make money from scratch:

1. find a product to market on clickbank.
    2. write 5 articles promoting the product and spin each of them.
    3. submit, submit, submit.
    4. repeat.

WOW! Mind boggling.

How did you arrive at the fact that this was 10l+ advice?? It's basic, standard, and vague. It's also information that can be found free here, and is usually known by the people on this forum (I mean...it IS known as a WEBMASTER'S forum).

hopehunter, May 12, 2010 IP
  6. soneat

soneat Peon

Best Answers:
    The advice (as well as WA university), excuse me for saying this, is absolute rubbish.

Yeah... Actually it is quite complex. Yes of course, I could offer you the same kind of advice: write quality content, promote your blog through article marketing, repeat, resubmit, write and voilà you've go yourself a money earning blog. Reality begs to differ though.

In reality the stuff is way more complex. What exactly is quality content? How do you capture your visitors? How do you outrank your competition (those guys that are building 100+ backlinks a day, while you are writing your article)? How can you guarantee those clicks on your affiliate links? Just by providing good content and driving traffic through Google? This is nothing but a delusion, there are so many other factors apart from quality content and traffic, which need to be in place before you can even think about pulling any money.

What bugs me most about all of that is the quality (oh the irony, maybe quality content is not all that important) of the information. It is outdated, rehashed and frankly quite useless. It is not even original. I keep asking myself why anybody is willing to hand over some hard earned cash for something that is freely available online. There are so many free forums, resource and sites. The information is there to be absorbed and turned into cash yet many do not bother.

I am quite disgusted actually.

To every newbie out there, stop buying the next best ebook around, stop investing into expensive coaching programs (unless it's one-on-one exclusive coaching) and stop joining paid membership forums. The IM world is not as easy as the gurus (or WA in this case) makes it out to be. 90% of the info out there, the info you are paying for is rehashed and frankly it's complete bullshit. You can find it all for free. There is no point wasting $40 a month on a forum not at all different to a free one like DP.

Just go out there, explore and start learning by yourself. There is no magic pill to success and no ebook will help you with developing and establishing your online business. Real money making formulas are guarded like ancient treasures. Just go out there, communicate to other people, ask questions and most importantly TAKE ACTION!

/rant over

soneat, May 12, 2010 IP
  7. HelpingNewbies

HelpingNewbies Peon

Best Answers:
    You gotta be joking. Your post has so many contradictions. Presenting relevant traffic with relevant compelling content + product recommendations is a great way to make money online.

What would you suggest so?

The outline presented in that post (which comes the FREE Wealthy Affiliate blog) is exactly how internet marketing works. Obviously you can beef up each aspect, but its a great intro to the concept, which I'm sure many beginners will be grateful for. And I'm pretty sure no one had to pay to view this thread

If you want a super detailed plan to make money why don't you find the thread ''Fastest WAy To $67,000+ A Month'' in this General Marketing forum and check that out. I give loads of helpful tips to this forum, and receive many emails of thanks that I know what I do is right and is helping people.

That's all I say on the matter, thankfully many people on this thread realise the value contained in Carson's post.

HelpingNewbies, May 12, 2010 IP
  8. soneat

soneat Peon

Best Answers:
    67k a month huh? So you are basically making this much right now? If not, if it is just a theoretical sum of what you could be making, then I'm pretty sure it's the same old spiel of building quality websites (or one website), providing relevant content and driving in traffic, without even looking at it.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing terribly bad about this method. You could do much worse. But you see, what I am getting is, is this washed out, mushy, "advise" that makes IM seem like some kinda virtual reality, where every guru and their mother is making 67k a month and only a fool like you is sitting there with nothing.

This, lets call it "misinformation", is pissing me off. Do I really think Carson would follow his own advice. Fat chance. I don't really think so. Maybe to some degree, but that's about it. You need a lot more then a quality website and traffic to pull in 67k a month.

See, I wouldn't have complained if you would have called this thread "a great intro to the IM concept, which I'm sure many beginners will be grateful for" instead of "10k+ advice". Lets not over-hype this, I am sure, very valuable blog-post from Carson.

Once again, please explain why anybody would share real "10k+" advice or "67k+" advice for free or for a $30 membership fee, if he was actually pulling in that money. I'm sure Kyle and Carson are making some real dope right now, but it's sure as fuck ain't coming from basic wheeling, SMM and article marketing techniques they present on their site.

Sorry to sound so negative, no offence was meant in the first place and if any was taken then I do apologize. All I would like to see is a stop to a constant trend of over-hyping general advice which can be found for free.

Cheers

soneat, May 12, 2010 IP
  9. HelpingNewbies

HelpingNewbies Peon

Best Answers:
    No probs man, but the thing is a hyped headline (sadly) is what the majority of people will view.

However I will say that by scaling a simple method you can easily break into the thousands a month (which I've done) particulary if you use ppc (search and/or content). Then you can outsourcing the article marketing, and build up to a huge product launch (ala Google Sniper).

There's so much traffic out there its crazy, and if you can nail down one system of creating say $2000 a month then its just a matter of replication.

But many newbies even fail to earn $500 because they think the simple stuff is too much work and that's there a faster way.

Seriously, creating a ''get back ex'' squeeze page, driving traffic to it via ppc,youtube and/or article marketing can easily be a grand or two a month earner (depends on product price)

Then maybe in time you can create your relationship niche product, put it on clickbank, build up your affiliate base, and have 1000's of people driving relevant traffic to your one website...that ofcourse is where the good stuff is.

HelpingNewbies, May 13, 2010 IP
  10. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    umh... is this a joke? Where's the secret? Where's that golden advice? This is as helpful as any article on those .info "SEO Expert" blogs. LOL

tankard, May 13, 2010 IP
  11. HelpingNewbies

HelpingNewbies Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no secret, but the advice was pretty clear.

Sorry if you were looking for a magic bullet, this is just an outline that works (for me and for others)

But if you want a strategy I'd pursue...

"...Here is what you do:

Set up a squeeze page. For the info on the site, pull straight from the sales page bullets (the benefits you are selling) that you are sending people too. You really don't even need a free guide or bonus for opting in. (Though, it WILL help increase your opt-in rate). Just list the benefits of opting in (which is the same benefits of the product you are selling) and include all the proper lingo - Promise not to spam, etc. etc.

Now, set up your thank you page for signing up:

The thank you page is a short 5 second thank you that immediately redirects to the sales page. If they buy, guess what? You made a sale.

If not...oh well...here comes the NEXT part:

So they didn't buy? Fine. This is where your autoresponder kicks in.

For 14 straight days you are going to "remind" them of product you are promoting. Include the affiliate link at least 3 to 4 times.

Send targeted traffic traffic

Article marketing, ppc, doesn't matter. If you do PPC, make sure your squeeze page has at least a contact page, a privacy policy page, an about page, an article page, and maybe even link to a blog. You want to do that for a good quality score.

Thats it.

Really. Making money online isn't rocket science. It's just comes down to DOING it. Of course, there are things that will dramatically improve your response rate. Things like:

- A 3 or 4 day "presell" for the product you are promoting.
    - A "bonus" download for those that buy.
    - A "free guide" for those that opt-in.
    - A quiz script that will increase their curiosity. (I've used this and can get up to 80% opt-in rate!)
    - High converting emails.

So, for those that want a plan, here you go. This is SIMPLE and you can implement this NOW and start making money TODAY! (If you are using PPC. Article marketing may take 2 to 7 days).

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  12. Vexez

Vexez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He did put in some effort to promote WA.. but all I can say it's just all theories and facts without micro details.
    WA is good for newbies and people who just started exploring into internet marketing.
    Most of the information within WA can be found all over the internet, all they do is packaging it for you nicely.

Vexez, May 13, 2010 IP
  13. HelpingNewbies

HelpingNewbies Peon

Best Answers:
    WA certainly is best for beginners, as it cuts drastically the time in would take if they were to try and find it in hundreds of free place (time vs money debate)...however unlimited hosting, niche plr report/websites, keyword research tools are nice too

14. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you!

I think this is thread #3 on pushing his site.

Last edited: May 13, 2010
    Perry Rose, May 13, 2010 IP
  15. adferger1

adferger1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interresting to read.
    Thanks for this post... I have added it to my favorites

adferger1, May 13, 2010 IP
  16. HelpingNewbies

HelpingNewbies Peon

Best Answers:
    No probs adferger1, as long as it inspires action I;m happy