1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long is Sandbox duration?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by teohcl, Apr 14, 2010.

If one of my site being sandbox, how long will it stay there? Any idea? Please help. Thanks

teohcl, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The sandbox only applies to certain competitive keywords. It can last three months or more than a year depending on the keyword. If you have an older site, it isn't the sandbox, just a lack of quality backlinks - or perhaps a penalty for something you did.

mjewel, Apr 14, 2010 IP
    gaadi likes this.
  3. gaadi

gaadi Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no such thing as a sandbox.. Links into your site take time to mature and start showing results, hence there is always a delay for new sites in ranking well on google..

gaadi, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  4. carleisenstein

carleisenstein Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with gaadi that there's no such thing really - it's just a natural effect of Google's algorithm. However the only thing that will get you out of a perceived sandbox is links - get high quality, relevant links from a variety of sources and your sandbox will just disappear. Also, link out - Google doesn't like a cul-de-sac, and pages with high quality outbound links to relevant and authoritative resources can seem to rank more quickly than those with no links.

carleisenstein, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  5. Alisha goal

Alisha goal Peon

Best Answers:
    If a site is 1 and 1.2 years old,then how long for the google penalty for this site?

Alisha goal, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  6. Riversway

Riversway Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you know you are sandboxed?

Riversway, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  7. smorko

smorko Guest

Best Answers:
    Build your links. This may take some time, if links are added in natural way. Get 10 links per day, that is 300 per month link acquired in natural way. Add your website to popular social networks like facebook, twitter, etc. Create articles and promote on dig, stumbleupon and other similar networks. After few months of work you can get good results. It does not happen overnight. :)

smorko, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  8. amyo11

amyo11 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is said that the average time length is 6 months. If your site keeps perform well, you can get out of it quickly.

amyo11, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  9. neekyme

neekyme Peon

Best Answers:
    That depends on your site performance. You may get sandboxed for three months or you may get sandboxed for nine months. Just keep on uilding quality backlinks and writing qualit content for your site. And building links from trusted site is especially important.

neekyme, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  10. espsol

espsol Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no specific time duration.get quality back links and upload fresh strong contents and your website will get out off sandbox.

espsol, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  11. wcp

wcp Peon

Best Answers:
    A new site I made got sandboxed after 4 months or so, for a period of 3 months for a not so competitive key phrase.

An established site of mine got sandboxed for a highly competitive keyword about 1 year and 8 months ago. It's still in the sandbox now for that keyword only. Throughout this period I did everything by the book, ive always kept building links, nothing works.

So it all depends. To me, there's no logic in it at all and extremely frustrating that google can snatch away your business without any reason.

wcp, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  12. aphrodite

aphrodite Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it depends how much marketing you do with your blog and the amount of quality article you write. New blogs are usually in that state but once Google has crawled and detected your quality articles and measured how popular your site is, it will then be lifted from there.

aphrodite, May 8, 2010 IP
  13. afriend

afriend Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest, i don't believe there is a sandbox.

I believe the sandbox is simply where bad, unoptimized sites low in the SERPS end up.

afriend, May 8, 2010 IP
  14. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    The whole site under sandbox? That's bad. I think you have to check if you have violated any rule before submitting your site for consideration.

scheng1, May 8, 2010 IP
  15. digpot

digpot Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi guys
    The Sandbox doesn't exist, google has just dropped your ranking. You will need to add unique content and build backlinks with keyword anchor text.

digpot, May 8, 2010 IP
  16. freshersjobs

freshersjobs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Okay...now sandboxed or over optimized but something does exist which hampers the new sites. I have worked on various website and like few people here believed Sandbox does not exist but recently one of my website got hammered from google. It is a 3 month old site, well optimized, good internal links, backlinks and was doing quite well till 2 months. Exactly at the end of 2 months the website lost all good search engine ranking and it is penalised. Even when I type the domain (without the TLD) it shows result on Page 2 (intial 2 months it was on postion 1 on page 1) . So it is confirmed that either there is sanbox effect or over optimization. But the problem is not either of the two....the real problem is how to get rid of it. Hmm as per my experience only God can help .... i mean Google God.

freshersjobs, May 10, 2010 IP
  17. xing1999

xing1999 Peon

Best Answers:
    To my experience, if you build enough backlinks for a website which is new..It could skip the sandbox time quickly.

xing1999, May 10, 2010 IP
  18. deepak2512

deepak2512 Peon

Best Answers:
    In my experience, its just the opposite if you get a lot of backlinks to a new site its a sure way for google sanbox club to welcome you there :) Afterall is it justified that a new site can get so many backlinks as soon as it is created in a natural way? Just think about it.

deepak2512, May 11, 2010 IP
  19. Groovystar

Groovystar Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, think about breaking news articles and how they TOTALLY don't build up 10,000's of backlinks in a single day :)

Groovystar, May 12, 2010 IP
  20. black-heartless

black-heartless Peon

Best Answers:
    build ur BL and you will out from sandbox instanly !

black-heartless, May 14, 2010 IP