1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to deal with Information overload

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by homesure, May 9, 2010.

Hello everyone,
    A lot of us suffer from Information overload. Please suggest to us ways to overcome it. As you know,
    Information Overload is when you are trying to deal with more information than you are able to process to make sensible decisions. The result is either that you delay making decisions, or that you make the wrong decisions.It is now common to be getting too many e-mails, reports and incoming messages to deal with effectively.

Some causes
    • The widespread access to the Web
    • The ease of sending e-mail messages to large numbers of people
    • As information can be duplicated for free, there is no variable cost in producing more copies.

How can one overcome it?

homesure, May 9, 2010 IP
    Lastbutnotleast likes this.
  2. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've had the same problem. I'd move from project to project, start doing one thing, and not even dedicate myself to in, and jump to something else.

I fixed this by making a game-plan, and sticking to it. For example, if you find an approach you want to try, stick to it and implement it fully, don't jump onto something else. If it does work, build up on it, try to scale it, if it doesn't move on to something else.

The key is taking action.

Ripped, May 9, 2010 IP
  3. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting subject. Unfortunately I do not have the answers.

Lastbutnotleast, May 9, 2010 IP
  4. joel007

joel007 Peon

Best Answers:
    By being decisive.

joel007, May 9, 2010 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Take action and remember that you learn the most from your mistakes, not your successes.

dcristo, May 9, 2010 IP
    Lastbutnotleast likes this.
  6. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    It is so true!

Lastbutnotleast, May 9, 2010 IP
  7. Teravel

Teravel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Information Overload is a pain, but can easily be dealt with. You have most likely read multiple ebooks on how to make money using the Internet. Take the one that you believe will work, and follow it step by step. When you feel like you aren't getting anywhere, and you want to move to another tactic, go back to the ebook and make sure you did everything you could. Focus on one thing until it works for you. As soon as you make your first bit of sales, copy what you did in order to increase your profit.
    The biggest problem for people with Information Overload isnt the overload itself. It's the urge to bounce from idea to idea, which will only hurt your marketing career in the end. Trust me, I have been there.

Teravel, May 9, 2010 IP
  8. rock_a

rock_a Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to jump from one magic offer to another and spend a lot of money. Now I will commit and try to make money first with one blog and when it works I'll replicate the formula.

rock_a, May 10, 2010 IP
  9. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably you will get more "information overload" from this thread ;) Because everyone will give you a different approach,,,whats the best one to follow? Only you know what best works for you. Keep it as simple as possible, the main point is to focus on 1 thing at a time (give 100% attention to that thing)

If you work full time somewhere, and they for example give you a weekly timetable on the work you need to follow - try using that approach as well. "spend some time to Create a timetable with the jobs that needs to be done, and do them inside out" - no procrastination, simply follow the schedule.

web_18designer, May 10, 2010 IP
  10. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Apart from taking action and leaving all the worries, frustration and fear aside you'll need to test one thing at the time..

Take your time to find what works for you and stick to the plan.

Al.

evelinawilliams007, May 10, 2010 IP
  11. Adraco

Adraco Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't start and stop too many things during a day.
    For example, email. Very dangerous time waster, to sit and check emails, re-read them and just update the inbox. Make it a rule to check your inbox three times per day. Once in the morning, once by lunch and once before the end of business day.

This will save time, because you will not be too much on and off. Also, setup a Gmail account and start setting up some filters. Not everything needs to go into your inbox.

Friends and family emails can be dealt with in the evenings, make a separate folder/label for them and make Gmail sort them there without going to your inbox.

Membership emails, enourmous timewasters. Setup another filter to filter out member communications to a separate label. If you ever need the info, it's still there but you don't have to look at it or pay attention to it daily.

And so on, try to make labels and auto sort things. Strive after always having zero mails in your inbox. Once it's handled, either delete it or store it under some label and make it go away.

Adraco, May 10, 2010 IP
  12. Jazey

Jazey Peon

Best Answers:
    Try not spreading your efforts much - focus on one thing and then after you've deal with it go to the next one.

Jazey, May 10, 2010 IP
  13. nab

nab Peon

Best Answers:
    It is very easy to get too overwhelmed in this business. The reason being, we are always thinking and in a state of mind of 'I should know that', 'I should know this'.

If you continue to always just look and search for information, you will ALWAYS be in a state of 'starting' and never actually 'doing'

Take one step at a time. Do not sign up for all offers. First understand and implement one step/method and THEN move onto the next.

What may work for one, may not work for the other. There is no 'one' path to success in this business.

Cheers,
    Nabeel.

nab, May 10, 2010 IP
  14. Super_Vendor

Super_Vendor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just stick with one thing and master it.

If you keep taking turns and changing routes you will never reach your destination.

Super_Vendor, May 10, 2010 IP
  15. Crafty Blogger

Crafty Blogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    There has been a lot of good replies to this thread already, and I agree with most of them. There are some who advocate going on an "information diet", especially when starting out in this business, and limiting your exposure to unnecessary websites and news programs. I think a lot of affiliates get distracted by reading the latest and most popular book on how to make thousands a day in affiliate marketing instead of taking basic action themselves. It's a lot easier to read then do actual work, unfortunately!

Crafty Blogger, May 10, 2010 IP