1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

THe plague known as SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by symptic, Sep 13, 2006.

"Preposterous!" you say, "SEO is a godsend; it's made me who I am today!"

Of course, you have every right to doubt what I'm saying, but SEO is a disease. It's worse than a virus; it's a SuperVirus(TM).

But how can this be? "Search Engine Optimization is the greatest thing since Al Gore graced us with his idea of the internet!" It is true, optimizing your pages so Google gives you prime real estate in searches is a great idea. Well, only sort of.

"I'll just exhange links with this irreputable mini-site, and this blog, and this other site with its 'fresh out of the box' layout. They're only $20 a month, right?"

The above behavior is just one of the many shortcomings of SEO, and it is one of the many problems that search engine users come across...

...Read the rest on my Squidoo lens.

symptic, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  2. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    completely out of the way :rolleyes:

Mong, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  3. seo-mumbai

seo-mumbai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    actually what u where trying to tell about seo in this thread or in your site, i dint find any thing there also , plz try to post some good info for dp members.

seo-mumbai, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  4. ChildeRoland

ChildeRoland Peon

Best Answers:
    Symptic, you have no idea what you're talking about and obviously no idea about the true effective methods of SEO. Those that wine about not being able to get rankings, simply do not know what they are doing. Plain and simple.

ChildeRoland, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  5. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    I know SEO is effective, but the internet has become cluttered with sites built around that purpose, to have good SEO. Obviously, there are places where you can apply it with GREAT results, but the concept has spread like wildfire and it seems many praise it as the ONLY way to bring in visitors to their sites.

It's not real marketing. As Google changes and your competition begins to pop back up in front of you, you have to "change your SEO techniques" to get your PR back. It consumes too much time compared to other methods of increasing traffic. SEO doesn't build site loyalty, it only aids the user in finding the site, and often times, from what I've seen, SEO-centered sites feel 'half assed.'

symptic, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  6. seo-mumbai

seo-mumbai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So u feel all seo experts are same , seo is risky and not good for marketing.Actually seo is cheap &best method acc to me and i dont feel it is risk as long as we do little research before we accept project.

seo-mumbai, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  7. tonyrocks

tonyrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    SEO friggin rocks. I'm #1 in Google for a particular keyphrase using techniques and ideas I've picked up from DP!

tonyrocks, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  8. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    :mad: Useless Crap and i guess another attempt to advertise his site if that is his :mad: please make your posts useful or atleast make your new threads useful for the fellow members :D

jaree, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  9. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    Useful is an objective term. There are many others who feel SEO hinders the well being of the net. There are many other who would call me an SEO heretic if they had the chance.

Is there something wrong with sharing my views?

PS: Squidoo is not my website. If someone is intrigued by the passage I have in this thread, they can read the rest on my Squidoo lens. If they want to skip the reading and post a quick reply bashing me or one of my ideas, I give them that liberty. Again, your hobby is amusing, but I would try to assume less and to worry about my own personal affairs more.

symptic, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  10. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes thats True but i was just giving some good advice for you too i think you should put some more time in your posts well but may be its just me who knows? :confused: :D :D :D

jaree, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  11. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand what you are attempting to relate here; you just didn't express yourself clearly. Don't worry too much about what others say, or do. Continue to refine your thoughts in a way which better helps them realize the point you're stressing. We are all learning and we are each limited by our current understanding. The more mistakes we make, our potential for excellence increases proportionately.

I too often suggest that SEO is not a means to an end -- and you are correct, it will not cultivate customer loyalty and relationships. SEO should be an integral part of an overall game plan, however, success of any Web operation will depend upon many factors working in harmony together.

SEO Tutor©, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  12. Searchnology.com

Searchnology.com Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is a necessary evil. Web users use search engines and search engines will continue to reward (with higher rankings) websites that:

1. Are designed well (titles on pages, relevant content and graphics etc.)
    2. Have one way backlinks from authority sites.(engines are a little behind here as they count most any link with a decent PR but it will evolve.)
    3. Have unique content. (Duplicate content filters are killing cookie cutter RSS feed and affiliate based sites)

Now take a site that has the above charateristics and I call it a quality site. Black hat SEO usually try to fool the search engines but like I said the engines will evolve and the best sites will eventually be rewarded. It's a natural evolution of the web.

Good luck.

Searchnology.com, Sep 14, 2006 IP