1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please help- lost my writing directions

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by dyadvisor, Apr 30, 2010.

Your moderators last post shows 2008. I hope she is well and alive.
    If you are JH, please make another post at the top. So many think you are bluffing.

My request to fellow members asks for a simple reply. Not a fight.

1. Do you agree with these rules given by JH?
    2. Should they be enforced?
    Just 2 simple 1-2 Yes or No answers. I and many others would like to know
    --- we do not want tattle tailers, whiners, just a CURRENT guideline to Follow
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here are a couple “rules” from the Moderator.

Hiring Writers / Advertising Writing Services

The Copywriting forum is also NOT for advertising your writing services or posting ads to hire writers. Again, if you do it, your thread will be moved and you'll receive an infraction. Place those threads in the Content Creation forum where they belong, and if you don't yet meet the requirements to post there in the Buy/Sell/Trade area, then don't try to "sneak" your ads in here. Wait like everyone else had to.

Article Spinning / Content Generation Software

This is a copywriting forum. It's for discussing the writing of copy and content. It does NOT mean "copied" writing or anything of the like. Article spinning software has nothing to do with writing.

Now that I'm a mod, at least I can try to clear it quickly, since I check this section religiously, instead of annoying them with constant thread reports. Those types of threads just seriously tick me off over here... I don't know why people have such a hard time reading. This forum is for discussing writing (but not the sale of writing services).

dyadvisor, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  2. lucyaw

lucyaw Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes and no. I agree with all parts of the rules apart from excluding article spinning. I'm not condoning the use of spinning software (at all! I digress...) but I think it's relevant to copywriters. It needs to be discussed so that we know the ins and outs of it and can get some advice on how to deal with the problems it brings (for example, clients asking for us to spin articles for tuppence a go, when we should be respected for creating out own work).

Apart from that, yes, enforce the rules. It keeps the forum clear and easy to use.

I remember the days when digg and stumble exchanges were included in Content Creation. That was hell and I think the WTB and WTS threads have no place in the 'copywriting' section.

lucyaw, Apr 30, 2010 IP
    Ajeet likes this.
  3. TMG Enterprises

TMG Enterprises Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't vote because it doesn't matter what I think or what you think for that matter. Those are the rules, plain and simple. Not sure what you're referring to but I know the mod has been around since 2008.

TMG Enterprises, May 3, 2010 IP
  4. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    I AM VERY SORRY IF MY POSTING WAS MISREAD, if is were so plain & simple why is it ignored and not recent?

1. I am not asking by any means for any replacement of any moderator
    2. The moderator's post was closed in 2008
    3. There is constant abuse of the rules the moderator posted
    4. I am hoping this moderator or any moderator makes a more recent post
    5. I am trying to see if the rules are not being followed because
    a. they do not think they have to
    b. the rules need to be more detailed
    c. one of the rules is different the the very top line rule
    d.many members plead ignorance to seeing them
    e.are some members a bit confused about the meanings

It would be beneficial to all to get a 2010 ruling posting with clarification & enforcement
    ----this is definitely NOT a cry for mutiny, in fact the total opposite... Fresh Clarity-----

Last edited: May 3, 2010
    dyadvisor, May 3, 2010 IP
  5. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed on all counts. If the rules have not changed then changing the date on them would be of no use.

I do not know where this 2008 bit came from. Even the rules-sticky has been edited in 2009. And Jenn has certainly been posting. Even post-Mar 15th, 2010, she has 20 posts. I find that the rules are fine, and are largely being implemented. In a recent thread I started in the Copywriting forum, there were some irrelevant (if not bizzare) posts. They were deleted almost immediately by a mod. BTW, there are MANY mods that moderate the copywriting forum, not just Jenn.

Last, but not the least, while we are having a discussion about rules, and relevance of certain thread in a certain sub-forum, I think that this very thread should have been placed in the "Suggestions & Feedback" sub-forum. But then again, in the spirit of community, it is not something I am going to start shouting about :)

Ajeet, May 4, 2010 IP
  6. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Ajeet: Look at the very top post. It shows 2008. " This forum is for discussing writing (but not the sale of writing services"

Since you have been around longer then most, how about a 2010 date? I sure you have the connections to do this. Yes the mods have been around (mostly after the date this was posted). Yes they are doing a fine job.

I guess a few hundred around here do not have your mental telepathy powers. So if even the date were changed from 2008 to 2010, and the post not closed if would help the stupid ones like me. THEN PLEASE REMOVE THIS POST AS IT WOULD NOT BE NECESSARY.

Nice job advertising. If you are taking a personal shot about so many other peoples' inferior intelligence to yours..... well.

Last edited: May 4, 2010
    dyadvisor, May 4, 2010 IP
  7. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    The post was made a sticky in 2008 - the forum made some changes then. Who cares when the rules were enacted, they are still enforced to a reasonable degree. Jenn closed the thread and deleted a ton of posts then because they were a bunch of BS filler posts that had no relevance. Jenn isn't the only mod here and my guess is that you're not getting a reply from the mods because your question isn't especially clear or relevant.

The updated rules were posted in 2008. The post was made a sticky in 2008 so that everyone could read it and be informed of the rules before posting. If people aren't reading it and are breaking the rules accidentally, we'll certainly have a pity party for them when they get back from their ban. Reading the rules and TOS and following them are just a part of being in a community.

I don't consider the rules outdated, and if we really wanted to split hairs, we could oust most of these conversations about content writing and what not as those are copywriting either. Spinners aren't any form of copywriting and have no place in this section. They use words but that doesn't have a thing to do with the topics that are supposed to be discussed here.

internetauthor, May 6, 2010 IP
    Ajeet likes this.
  8. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE

THERE WERE BE NO PROBLEM, IF YOU WOULD USE YOUR "SUPERIORITY" TO GET A POST INSTEAD OF JUST NEIGHING. You may have been here longer, but you have proven you certainly are not smarter.

I would not have posted if a problem did not exist. SHOULD I BE AFRAID OF YOU? If we had a contest on who will win, HERE, it would not be a contest. I HELP members, YOU YAK. The only ban needed is BAN deodorant.
    Where are your brilliant posts? I see a lot of rants and raves most people would not take out on their dog or me.

How come any post I make, you or Ajeet are able to pull? Because of not wanting others to know?
    You call yourself an authority of writing, so I challenge you on article writing. We will let the results show. Loser donates 30 hours to helping others learn. Of course, I already do that and more. Would you?
    Intelligent people want to learn, not be pulled, banned, or criticized because YOU do not like them.
    It is people like you that cause more harm than good. I ALREADY TOLD AJEET TO PULL THE POST, AS PEOPLE LIKE WOULD RATHER THREATEN THAN BE HELPFUL.

THAT IS NOT CRITICISM, IT IS REALITY. WHEN EGOs GET TOO BIG, THEY BECOME BLINDED. AND WHO CARES? MORE THAN THOSE THAT DO NOT CARE. IF YOU READ, I SAID NEWLY DATED, NOT OUTDATED i I thought this Forum was good until pretend sheriff's show their badge.

dyadvisor, May 6, 2010 IP
  9. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    I think we have a problem with inflection and tone here. I answered your question - the rules are fine. They don't need updating. I explained why.

People don't read the rules, they get punished. It's been happening for years. I'm afraid that doesn't make me smarter than you, and I'm not really sure where that particular accusation came from. I have no interest in an article contest - why do you keep trying to start contests with other people? Especially ones who don't even fall into the same category of service provider or industry niche?

I think you might misunderstand what authority sites are as well - I'm not an authority in writing although I do rather nicely for myself and clients. I write authority-style material. i.e. I don't write keyword-laden articles in a pursuit of the almighty Google ranking. Granted, there is a place for both styles of writing in this broad industry and I wasn't attacking your thread earlier about helping others - I appreciate what you're doing for those who fall under your sphere of influence.

That being said, you seem to be taking the reactions of others with a bit of overzealous enthusiasm. You're relatively new here but you've questioned the rules, insulted the mods, insulted other members and claim to be a highly paid writer who still apparently struggles with his own phrasing, grammar, tone and inflection in posts. I can understand what you're trying to do for others and I appreciate the effort you're doing to help struggling writers as well. As a matter of fact I do quite a bit of that as well in different areas. Before we cast stones and toss insults, simply appreciate that my ego, my tenure, my experience and my ability to write and/or neigh have little to nothing to do with your ability to write articles or ebooks.

internetauthor, May 6, 2010 IP
  10. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Well thanks for the halo

apparently, you are also one of the few that mock people that are disabled in hitting the keyboard. (a federal law violation). I do not mock even those that mock me as some day they might have that wondrous experience and tenure.

11. hopehunter

hopehunter Member

Best Answers:
    You use this 'excuse' a lot: being disabled with the keyboard. Yet, first off, I don't see where she was to infer, gather, or know that you were 'disabled' to be held accountable to an offense against you as you may like to try to say. But more importantly, if it were just a matter of a 'disability', you would no be using words that are homonyms. Rather, you'd be using the proper words, but misspelling them. Words like 'do' instead of the proper 'due' are clear indications of a misuse of words, not a poor ability with the keyboard. Your replies and even posts are always sporadic for someone who claims to be a prolific writer. Regardless of your 'disability', you should have found a way by now to work through it if you are making money on 'quality' content as you boast because no one would pay above DP prices for the garble that you are spitting on this forum. I did not think the poster you are referring to was taking jabs or mocking anyone, rather stating facts and observations in an organized manner.

In regards to your initial post, due to your inability to really make your point clearly known, I cannot tell if you dislike the rules or if you think the rules are not being properly enforced. Either way, I would have to say that the rules are fine first of all, but secondly, this is a large forum so it may take a while for threads to get removed, moved, or edited. I know I have reported posts for rules violations and they were dealt with in a timely fashion--some faster than others, but it's not my job (and certainly not one I'd want as busy as I have been lately) so I browse the posts I do have an interest in and that are bringing real value knowing the other posts will be taken care of in due time.

hopehunter, May 6, 2010 IP
    internetauthor likes this.
  12. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    I DO NOT USE EXCUSES

I THINK PEOPLE ARE VERY LOW THAT MOCK ANY CHILD OR ADULT WITH ANY DISABILITY. ARE YOU IN THIS CLASS? Are are you a worship follower of your idol? Hanging around here longer does not make you superior to anyone.

MY WRITING SKILLS EARN ME $250 AN ARTICLE, WITH GUARANTEED RESULTS. DO YOURS? (plus I can afford programs that correct grammatical errors)

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RULES. THE RULES ARE FINE. I FOR ONE, LIKE TO TAKE SOMETHING AND IMPROVE IT, ALSO FOR THE BENEFIT OF OTHERS.

YOU SURE ARE A HOPE HUNTER. I RELY ON MYSELF AND MY ABILITIES. PLEASE, PLEASE GROW UP. I can produce, so please do not believe my words and stay a mean mouthed, hope hunter for the rest of your life. I have more people right here in this section, in my small time that know my abilities, and my ability to tell the truth. Only the petty criticize word usage to get self satisfaction. I DO NOT PLAY THAT GAME. PLUS- THIS IS TOTAL DISRESPECT TO RUIN THE ORIGINAL POSTER'S POST.
    MOCKING DISABILITY IS A FEDERAL RULE. I DO NOT LET MY DISABILITIES GET IN MY MAY, THEY JUST ENCOURAGE ME FURTHER TO EXCEL FARTHER THAN MOST. ---- TALENT, CREATIVITY, AND DETERMINATION RULE.----

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  13. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    I am at a loss as to what the thread is about to be honest :(

The post title looks like you want help because you have lost your way writing an article,
    but it reads more like a complaint about the forum rules ?

Most forum stickies are from 2008 as that is when most of the rules were posted in their current state.
    Most stickies / rules are closed threads because they are rules, and not a debate.

To request changes to the rules you need to post in the Suggestions & Feedback sub forum, as they is what it is for.
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3 however most people would only presume to request changes to rules when they have used the forum for much longer than just a month to give them time to find their way around a set of forums or a site and find how it works.

If you see many people breaking the rules then you should use the report post button at the bottom of the post that looks like black triangle.

If i remember correctly there are also rules about constant use of caps lock and attacking other users *sigh*

vagrant, May 6, 2010 IP
  14. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know why but this sentence killed me. It's like I can see the look on your face as you write it. ;)

Y.L. Prinzel, May 6, 2010 IP
    internetauthor likes this.
  15. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    I was being set up. I in turned I received an infraction for chit-chat, when a couple higher ups with the superior brains and tenure could not believe that someone existed to help and did not expect money in return.
    I thought all websites of 2010 attempted to have crystal clear navigation, and where to find clearly what is needed to know. If an old sign on my property is hard to understand, any court would rule against me.

It is such a statement of a brilliant minds. Use your tenure and power to make fun of the disabled. The disabled person tells members that even disability is not a roadblock and will not stop you from achieving your goals or ambitions.

When I ask for them to remove the "useless" post, they continue to harass me, and every spelling I make. I check out other posts made by them, and one of the websites. Surprise, vulgarity posted by a mother working at home with young children.

I AM SETUP AND GOT AN INFRACTION, After I paid my membership dues. I like to lead by example, and encourage others to surpass me, and know that opportunity does exist. (is saying that another rule breaking infraction?) For talking about rules, the topic posted.

Sure seems like cops that post signs behind a tree, and if it is not Their Friend, Boldly ticket them. Pure courage and leadership exist? This DOES NOT Speak for the other Mods that do a fine Job.

It is about writing, because this is where all the stupid, the disabled, the foreign, and learners hope to do learn more about writing as they realize no one person knows everything.

In my country, cars are required to have new yearly tags, even beer is dated, but people are just scanned. Long live the 1st amendment for Americans?

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  16. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @dyadvisor

May be the mod has also some kind of disability that makes her unable to be present here 24/24 and 7/7 like you are unable to write correctly some of the words.

I, myself, disagree on lot of things with JH, but she owes me lot of respect. She's great and successful and YES she's one of the best MODS here if not the BEST ever. Have you checked the Adsense or other sub-forums here? Have you seen the quality there? Can you compare it to the posts made here? Yes, she succeed making this part of DP a great sub-forum with great members.

omarabid, May 7, 2010 IP
  17. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL - It's like we know each other too well. :)

For someone so opposed to others judging you and your posts, you certainly are judgmental in regard to others. Just sayin' ...

internetauthor, May 7, 2010 IP
  18. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I certainly disagree with parts of the DP rules,and the actions of some mods here simply are beyond me at times(Today even, to be precise) but not these ones.
    The rules as presented in 2008 and pasted in this thread make perfect sense to me, so I would say, if it is not broken, do not try to fix it.

Kraven2, May 7, 2010 IP
  19. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the third time, I have requested that the thread be pulled.
    A good writer also puts himself or herself, into the other person's shoes. Only then can an attempt be made to find out the problem. The failure of many writers is to get around to solving the problem. If they fail, they simply move on, or resign, or apologize.

I give to charities, I do not steal from them. This statement is one technique where a good writer puts out word that mean something to one party, and another to others. So do not always assume, as you will often be wrong.

Politely, I am going to say, interpretation is in the eye of the beholder. Some rush defensively immediately, others react with the knowledge that there are two meanings be displayed here.

The easy route is to create a "whipping boy", to mask or deny, or change the subject.

Learn more about a writer's ability to often find out a lot about a person by which method of reaction they take to a statement.

For those that feel superior, give the correct. definition to the word, "fine."

Do you people not have anything better to do with your life or "superiority" powers bestowed? What a pity. People are created equal, until they try to take away the equality of another.

The original MOD is not the problem. In fact, without getting into details, I would say she is not pleased with the clarity of some rules. Neither of us have any anger toward each other.

This long ago change from a 2008 to single 2010 date change. If it is too hard, to do fine. Then for the fourth time. Pull the post.

Using the silly entrapment game to give me infractions is childless. Pry into by mail if you like, and you will see what I mean. My point here is to help and learn. Most of the posts made here are to earn cash and to try to make me stupid. I know , I am not.

My statement to good members, If you think I do not provide any help let me or the cops know.
    There are plenty of other places where I can help. I have dealt with what life brings and does not stop me. This should be an incentive for others to bypass me.

To the infraction cops, this is not hurting me, this is hurting DP. The members are the "customers" of DP. When they stop entering the door, this door like so many more will be permanently shut, out of business. Many here are business people, as in trying to make a living, or to help. They do not try to kill the messenger. Fine.

Last edited: May 7, 2010
    dyadvisor, May 7, 2010 IP
  20. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the third time, I have requested that the thread be pulled.
    A good writer also puts himself or herself, into the other person's shoes. Only then can an attempt be made to find out the problem. The failure of many writers is to get around to solving the problem. If they fail, they simply move on, or resign, or apologize.

I wanted a simple answer. Willing to accept it without comments, as oh well, and then move on. At that point the post could have easily been ended.

I give to charities, I do not steal from them. This statement is one technique where a good writer puts word out that mean something to one party, and another to others. So do not always assume, as you will often be wrong.

Politely, I am going to say, interpretation is in the eye of the beholder. Some rush defensively immediately, others react with the knowledge that there are two meanings being displayed here.

The easy route is to create a "whipping boy", to mask or deny, or change the subject.

Learn more about a writer's ability to often find out a lot about a person by which method of reaction they take to a statement.

For those that feel superior, give the correct. definition to the word, "fine."

Do you people not have anything better to do with your life or "superiority" powers bestowed? What a pity. People are created equal, until they try to take away the equality of another.

The original MOD is not the problem. In fact, without getting into details, I would say she too if not pleased with some rules. Neither of us have any anger toward each other.

This long ago change from a 2008 to single 2010 date change. If it is too hard, to do fine. Quit dragging a dead horse, it will not get you anywhere.

Using the silly entrapment game to give me infractions is childless. Pry into by mail if you like, and you will see what I mean. My point here is to help and learn. Most of the posts made here are to earn cash and to try to make me stupid. I know , I am not.

My statement to good members, If you think I do not provide any help to others, call the cops. Suddenly there is a whole force patrolling with ticket books.

There are plenty of other places where I can help. I have dealt with what life brings and that certainly does not stop me. This should be an incentive for others to bypass me.

To the infraction cops, this is not hurting me, this is hurting DP. The members are the "customers" of DP. When they stop entering the door, this door like so many more will be permanently shut. Many here are business people, as in trying to make a living, or to help. They do not try to kill the messenger.

Fine

Last edited: May 7, 2010
    dyadvisor, May 7, 2010 IP