1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Be careful with your commenters!

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by KimiGermany, May 6, 2010.

Hey guys,

For all of you wordpress blogs owner, be careful with your commenter, some spammers will put their affiliate link so that people click. read my full story

Double check the url of your commenters ;)

KimiGermany, May 6, 2010 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    LOL welcome to the world of comment spam :) If it's obvious they left a comment just to get a link then just delete the comment.

dcristo, May 6, 2010 IP
  3. dHieL3m0

dHieL3m0 Peon

Best Answers:
    nice info... :)

dHieL3m0, May 6, 2010 IP
  4. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey Kimi, welcome to blogging.

Consider yourself lucky if 50% of you comments are from actual readers, that would be an exceptional average. The truth of the matter is, bloggers spam links on other blogs. That's just how it is.
    There's all kinds of tools and scripts that help link spammers find blogs by niche, PR, traffic, Keyword and everything else, however most link spammers just dump on random blogs and hope for the best.

hmansfield, May 6, 2010 IP
  5. Whiskeh

Whiskeh Peon

Best Answers:
    If it was a general "Amazing post man!" spam comment that lacked no creativity then it was either some idiot who was desperate for free cash, or you were the unlucky victim of some black hat tool.

Whiskeh, May 6, 2010 IP
  6. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys

Yeah, i double checked my comments just now, if they comment not related to my post, i just delete. I really don't mind if people comment and including their link to their sites, that's what i do too, but not when it's an affiliate link! lol

KimiGermany, May 6, 2010 IP