1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting more Facebook Fans

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by hcbeggar, Jun 3, 2009.

1. JaysonMercier

JaysonMercier Guest

Best Answers:
    Here are some tacticts you can use:

1. BUY FANS.. You can buy about 2000 to 5000 facebook fans for as little as $30 using services like http://www.freelancer.com/ or similar.

2. FAKE ACCOUNT. Like someone mentioned above - create fake account, add as many targeret 'fake friends' as you can, interact with them, be friendly (comment their status, use "Like" function), post some funny, quality content (youtube videos and pics works really well). After you gain some trust - suggest them to join your fan page. This tactic will take some time, but it's every effective. You can get pretty high friends to fans ratio. From 100% of my friends 70% joined my fan page.

3. GIVEAWAYS. Everyone likes free stuff. Run some contests, sponsored competitions to win something. Usually non phisical stuff is better. For example ebooks. After or during the contest - ask your fans to invite their friends - usually they will do this with no questions asked. Use giveaways to reward your fans, which will invite the most fans (Haven't found the way to determine that, but if someone knows how to track this process - let me know).

Another way is: give something in exchange for becoming a fan. A short ebook with some TOP secrets from your niche will do the work.

4. BE ACTIVE. If you want to have successful fan page, you should be very active. By very active i mean - post frequent, post quality interesting content, run polls, but what I have found that works really well is ASK QUESTIONS! Create conversation with your fans. If you will have an active fan page - other will join eventually.

5. FORUM SIGNATURES. Join forums related to your NICHE. Help forum visitors, post quality stuff and put your fan page link in to the signature. This works too.

6. USE FAN PAGE DESCRIPTION. If you done all the above, another effective way to increase your fans is to put a little message in the page description page. Something along these lines: "Help us to make this page the biggest *your niche* page on Facebook! Invite your friends, we can't do this without you." Or to post this message once in a week. If your fans appreciate what you are doing - they will help you.

As an example, you can check (and join if you like soccer;) my World Cup Fan 2010 Fan Page - http://bit.ly/cgj96B which is only 2 weeks ago.

Hope this will help. Good Luck!

JaysonMercier, Apr 28, 2010 IP
    Lastbutnotleast likes this.
  2. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Good input. Keep on posting ;)

Lastbutnotleast, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  3. mundomariah

mundomariah Peon

Best Answers:
    Really interesting information. I'm trying to promote my site, so I'll try to do some of the solutions given.

mundomariah, May 4, 2010 IP
  4. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Target the audience who are in need of your products & services and request them to become the fan.This will help you in promoting your business.

rashida, May 5, 2010 IP
  5. webmasterplace

webmasterplace Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some tricks trending lately.
    Now you see a lot of fan pages which require you to become a fan before you can see something.

E.g. you make a fanpage 'How to ...' or 'Top 5 ...' it must be something people really wan't to see/read.
    Then when they visit they see: 'Just must become a fan to see ...'.

I've seen many fanpages raise from 0 to a few thousand fans with this technique.

webmasterplace, May 5, 2010 IP
  6. aadisharma

aadisharma Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest adding adding more content and friends to your list to increase your Fans and another thing you can do is show a Fan page widget on your website or blog if you are having one.

aadisharma, May 5, 2010 IP
  7. extremepullups

extremepullups Peon

Best Answers:
    lots of good ideas in here

extremepullups, May 5, 2010 IP
  8. bobber4143

bobber4143 Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you require a user to become a fan before they can see something. I can't find anything in the settings page to force this to happen.

bobber4143, May 5, 2010 IP
  9. JaysonMercier

JaysonMercier Guest

Best Answers:
    There is some ways to do that:

1. Post blog post on your own blogs about it.
    Tell your visitors that you have something that you don't have on your blog. Or better - become a fan to see the link of your free ebook that you provide on facebook.

2. Guest posts.
    Find your niche related blogs and write some guest posts. Write a killer article and mention something like: "If you like to know more about this, visit my site or become a fan on my facebook fan page to get exclusive 40 pages free step by step ebook.."

JaysonMercier, May 5, 2010 IP
  10. kulana

kulana Peon

Best Answers:
    advertise on paidstatus.com - link up with some 100k+ fan page owners and get them to send a link to your fan page saying "join now" or something like that. Or you could ask fan page owners to simply send their fans to you for a predetermined price

kulana, May 17, 2010 IP
  11. GoInS

GoInS Peon

Best Answers:
    Just think of something new that would interest people, and there are also other ways of getting users to invite all your friends to make it viral

GoInS, May 17, 2010 IP
  12. wittle

wittle Peon

Best Answers:
    This is exactly what was taught to me by someone who has been using facebook this way for a LONG time!

wittle, May 18, 2010 IP
  13. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    And what do you sell? Affiliate programs? Dating? Forex? Weight loss?

Lastbutnotleast, May 18, 2010 IP
  14. utahseopros

utahseopros Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely agree with the forum signatures, those are a great way to earn a few backlinks, but the fake accounts I haven't tried yet. Seems like a good idea if done right. Build up a ton of friends, and continually suggest, while at the same time keeping your fan page popular and automatically popping up on users home pages. Thanks for the tips everyone.

utahseopros, May 19, 2010 IP
  15. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Time consuming

Lastbutnotleast, May 19, 2010 IP
  16. thedreamer09

thedreamer09 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thedreamer09, May 20, 2010 IP
  17. JonPKibble

JonPKibble Member

Best Answers:
    Quality is better than quantity...why would you spend a dime on fake fans that don't truly care about your product/service?

This may be a violation of Facebook's TOS. Personally, if someone I don't know sends me a friend request, by no means do I accept it.

The rest of the ideas are pretty good though.

JonPKibble, May 20, 2010 IP
  18. kulana

kulana Peon

Best Answers:
    advertise on other ppl's fan pages. see the advertiser section on paidstatus.com

kulana, May 20, 2010 IP
  19. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    I do 100% agree. Although fake accounts can be useful and that's some black hat or guerilla marketing method.

Lastbutnotleast, May 20, 2010 IP
  20. shreeonlinejobs

shreeonlinejobs Peon

Best Answers: