1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Get No.1 position from no. 3 in google.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by akki123, May 5, 2010.

Hello

One of my site is on 2nd/3rd position in google with competition of 6,690,000 .

But I am not getting much CTR compared to impression of my site in google.

So can you show some sure shot method to get on top? I know basic methods and I have already applied those to get on this position. I want some sure shot method.

Please let me know.

Thank you :)

akki123, May 5, 2010 IP
  2. simpseo

simpseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    The only sure shot method here is to be better than the sites above you. Analyze their links and see if you can pick up any of their stronger links for your own site. If your on-page optimisation is spot on it's all about picking up some good links to get you to the top spot.

simpseo, May 5, 2010 IP
  3. TheGoogleGurus

TheGoogleGurus Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid there is no sure shot method, just hard work unfortunately.

As simp has said above, its all about getting more, and better, links than your competitors.

TheGoogleGurus, May 5, 2010 IP
  4. MarketExpert

MarketExpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I made a site for my mother's art site that ranked first for her name and business name in 2 days after creation.

It was easy.

I know which websites give juicy links to any page I desire. I own some of those websites.

MarketExpert, May 5, 2010 IP
  5. MarketExpert

MarketExpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only "sure shot meathod" is either hard work, or gleaning from the experience of experts.

MarketExpert, May 5, 2010 IP
  6. ronnyorbit

ronnyorbit Peon

Best Answers:
    if you want to get 1st place position from 3rd .. then you should have to Trace Backlinks of competitors site which is on 1st & 2nd Position and build backlinks there.. and try to index those created backlinks.. and Keep tracking competitors Website.. and apply their SEO techniques.. then you will Definately beat them.. ;)

ronnyorbit, May 5, 2010 IP
  7. Selena21

Selena21 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think its very good that your keywords are on 2nd or 3rd postion, now all you have to do is to give consistent performance for getting it on 1st by generating some more quality backlinks.

Selena21, May 5, 2010 IP
  8. akki123

akki123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Will it help if i buy some high PR links? and if yes minimum how much minimum PR should I opt for? Also at this level I have noticed on thing that forum posting or blog commenting helps not much. so what else can you suggest?

akki123, May 5, 2010 IP
  9. MarkAse

MarkAse Peon

Best Answers:
    How many searches are there for this term? If you're 3rd you should be receiving about 25% of the total clicks from Google. Is there any variance based on the time of the month?

I wouldn't buy links, I'd write a few guest posts for high PR blogs and spend some time crafting profile links which have helped my SERPS quite a bit

MarkAse, May 5, 2010 IP
  10. WealthCoachPro

WealthCoachPro Peon

Best Answers:
    Link exchanges with other sites like yours will help get you to the top.

WealthCoachPro, May 5, 2010 IP
  11. mainstreamad

mainstreamad Peon

Best Answers:
    Good point. It also could be that the keyword you are targeting does not get enough traffic to begin with so being on top instead of 3 wouldn't really help you much

mainstreamad, May 5, 2010 IP
  12. rtmsolutions

rtmsolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to boost relavent backlinks and increase the amount of fresh content on your site, do you have a blog or a news section for example?

rtmsolutions, May 5, 2010 IP
  13. advertise

advertise Peon

Best Answers:
    As others have said here, there is NO sure way or direct shot to get to the number one spot. It takes a lot of hard work, particularly since you have so much competition. I can almost guarantee that those who are on page one are not sitting around waiting for someone to remove them from page one, they are working hard to STAY there. This means that you have to double your efforts. Perhaps find out where they are linking and see if you can link there as well... Develop a strategy, but make sure everything is Whitehat, you do not want to risk everything you have already done.

advertise, May 5, 2010 IP
  14. M A Kay

M A Kay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Increase the number of your backlinks.
    Higher PR is better.

M A Kay, May 6, 2010 IP
  15. desperateboy

desperateboy Peon

Best Answers:
    whatever you are doing, double it.

desperateboy, May 6, 2010 IP
  16. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    depending on your competition, it may require lot more work than what you have already done to move form 3rd to 1st position. if your competitors have 5 times the backlinks and 700% more content, then you will need to top that to ourtank them. quality of backlinks have more value than quantity of links but your competitors may have quality backlinks as well. hard to say what you exactly need to do without proper and detailed research on your competition. all i can say is that keep building links and monitor your top competitors to see where they get backlinks from. try to get links form those sources as well.

sultanofseo, May 6, 2010 IP
  17. W4nzz

W4nzz Peon

Best Answers:
    buy a link in your competition site

W4nzz, May 6, 2010 IP
  18. W4nzz

W4nzz Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm trying alexa booster

W4nzz, May 6, 2010 IP
  19. leepee

leepee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Research about the SEO technique adopted by the site in no.1 position & follow those points.Second thing is just add your links in paid directory like Yahoo & reputed free directory like Dmoz.

leepee, May 6, 2010 IP
  20. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Here's a sure shot method.
    BE BETTER.

Make your site better than the competition.

Better Content and Better Design with consistency over time will get you better links. I"m not talking about what ever self linking you do, I mean other people linking to you...related sites and industry blogs and websites.

When people link to or mention a site, or look for a reference to link to..they only link to one. The best one with the best information. Be the best and you will pick up those links.

All the tricks, and self SEO in the world cannot overcome being second or 3rd best. There is only one best. Be it and you will pick up the better link relationships.

As a matter of fact, when you are the best, you don't even need to do much SEO...people will do it for you. Readers will bookmark your articles, bloggers will link to your home page, forum members will reference your site, and other websites will want to be associated with you.

THAT is a sure shot method.

hmansfield, May 6, 2010 IP