1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding .html extension to wordpress sites

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by skintkid, May 3, 2010.

I took over an old site called 123money.co.uk and am now looking at updating the site and moving it over to Wordpress. Unfortunately a lot of the page extensions seem to include .html such as http://www.123money.co.uk/html/get_out_of_debt.html and I was wondering is it easy enough to recreate the same web page addresses in Wordpress so that I dont lose any traffic ?

skintkid, May 3, 2010 IP
  2. Guttu

Guttu Peon

Best Answers:
    It's possible. Goto admin panel->Permalink Settings, select a custom structure and add .html at the end of the custom structure.

Guttu, May 3, 2010 IP
  3. bob25

bob25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you can go to Settings/Permalink and in the "Custom" field use: %postname%/html

Or when you create the page/post right under the title you can manually change the URL. Just click "Open" manually add the URL, and then click "OK" to save the changes. But I think you'll need to change the extension to HTML like in the post above.

bob25, May 3, 2010 IP
  4. Web4Guru

Web4Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    I just want to add that adding .html in the permalink structure works great, but only affects Posts, not Pages. If you want Pages to have the .html extension too instead of just a slash (/), there is a plugin call ".HTML on Pages" that has worked great for me and is a simple install, no setup or options.

Web4Guru, May 3, 2010 IP