1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Maps will now include paid results!

Discussion in 'Google' started by Elite SEO Marketing, May 3, 2010.

Ok guys, Google is about to start charging for placement on its Google Maps results!

What do you think? Does anybody have strategies already in place to be a player in this business model?

Let me know.

Elite SEO Marketing, May 3, 2010 IP
    LPC likes this.
  2. LPC

LPC Peon

Best Answers:
    I feared this was going to happen at some point - now it has. Just goes to show that the Big G is once again preoccupied with $ before everything else. Those who pay will get prominence, not those who are the the most relevant.

LPC, May 3, 2010 IP
  3. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We cannot say they are unethical by doing this. Google maps has already designed with business model oriented from the beginning. I never think Google will done this large product for let people use it for free like other ones.

I hate to saying this but Google maps would be more sophisticate and may be used for some Grey business. ie. Spy one someone location and information with more details in paid version.

Sxperm, May 3, 2010 IP
  4. tjsocr22

tjsocr22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats pretty cool but I don't think its the most effective way to go about things. Now instead of businesses being listed that are most helpful to the user, they are now only displayed by the ones that can afford to display an ad there!

tjsocr22, May 3, 2010 IP
  5. Elite SEO Marketing

Elite SEO Marketing Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys for your input! Your responses were great! I do feel that Google is trying to squeeze every advertising dollar, but you can be mad at them! However, the left hand side should be for the people!!! Only the most relevant results should be displayed in the organic and the maps sections! But that is my opinion. Before it was very hard to figure out their arbitrary formula for local map results (you know....based on where your ip is registered, and how close the local businesses were to you based on their physical address, area code, zip code just to name a few)! But I think this was the right way to produce local results on a forensic level :) Oh, well, now we have to figure out how to play the math game of paid advertising :)

Thanks you guys!

Elite SEO Marketing, May 3, 2010 IP
  6. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Money is God...
    Google Love GOd....

enous, May 3, 2010 IP
  7. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lot of small business would suffer for sure. I personally would loose some money:)

webcosmo, May 3, 2010 IP
  8. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    can you share the link where you find the news? it seem to be bad news for users who can't afford it.

Excel 8, May 3, 2010 IP
  9. cshwebdev

cshwebdev Active Member

Best Answers:
    The reason Google is around is because it delivers accurate results to its googlers. Google has enlisted a "sponsored" local business listing, but looking at a couple sources, it will only give a couple of perks which do NOT include a higher ranking.

This model is better than the everyday organic vs sponsored searches, as you can't buy your way into the top.

More information.

cshwebdev, May 3, 2010 IP
  10. afridz

afridz Peon

Best Answers:
    i guess its a wise option for the site owners. SEO companies charge about 200$ to optimize buisiness listings and also with no guarente. But if google accepts to optimize the listing for the same price, then that will be the best option for the buisness people.

afridz, May 4, 2010 IP
  11. zesmedia

zesmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't say its the best way to do about things. Its a birden to small business.

zesmedia, May 5, 2010 IP