1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Not into twitter marketing anymore..

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jazzd1, May 2, 2010.

How many use twitter for marketing? I have a huge account which i don't use AND it keeps growing..I thought about giving it up or just sell off some tweets for some side cash but don't know..I'm just not in the twitter thing anymore.. Anyone else is like me?

jazzd1, May 2, 2010 IP
  2. Fusie

Fusie Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I use it..but I dont have so much followers there. Problem is, I always forgot for it...maybe I should give more time there hmmm

Fusie, May 2, 2010 IP
  3. howinfo

howinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    If it was not working before you should not waste your time anymore. If it did work then why stop now.

howinfo, May 2, 2010 IP
  4. dabzo

dabzo Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a bigger fan of twitter as a social bookmarking utility than a "Tell the world how your day is going"-utility.
    It may not be a primary source of marketing, but having a good deal of followers is better than having none.

dabzo, May 2, 2010 IP
  5. tjsocr22

tjsocr22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use it everyday! It is a great tool to have if you need some extra visitors to your website. Twitter combined with Facebook marketing can actually give you quite a run of traffic to your site.

tjsocr22, May 2, 2010 IP
  6. Noahdeck

Noahdeck Guest

Best Answers:
    I liked using Twitter too! :) With it, I can always have updates on what's going around my blog or when I launch a new product. Actually, some of my new customers do belong to my followers and Twitter friends and without it, I'll not be able to communicate with them.

I second on the effect of having site visitors as well so I would recommend you outsource Twitter management instead.

Noahdeck, May 2, 2010 IP
  7. crumblepie

crumblepie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter keeps getting better and better, now is not the time to give up. I recommend promoting your products/services via twitter and giving out some discount codes. It's what works best.

crumblepie, May 2, 2010 IP
  8. lotus

lotus Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do i use twitter to promote?

For one it’s free and you can’t beat free.

lotus, May 2, 2010 IP
  9. jeancarlohim

jeancarlohim Guest

Best Answers:
    twitter is super powerfull, the error is to just MARKET products on the account. you need to creat a conversation and a relationship with your followors so they can feel that you are a human behind that store or website

jeancarlohim, May 2, 2010 IP
  10. Augra

Augra Member

Best Answers:
    I know a guy who had over 100,000 followers, and he charged $90 for a whole month to tweet people's links out once a day. I rented his list for a month, and I got quite a few clicks the first four days, after that it kind of petered out. He tweeted my link once a day at different times of the day. With Hootsuite you can schedule the tweet.

The way you advertise it is by tweeting about your advertizing opportunity every so often in your own stream. Have a link to a site that explains your advertising terms. I paid the guy via PayPal. He was very reliable. We talked on the phone. He was great.

So it's an idea you might want to entertain. Even though it got me so-so traffic, I thought the idea was astute. If my Tweet Phrase wasn't so cryptic compared to my actual salespage, meaning if I was a little more straightforward about what I was promoting to attract attention, then my tweet link would have probably had more clicks. It also might have helped if I had a little more targeted folks. I was promoting an affiliate course, and most of his audience were in real estate looking for real estate biz-related stuff. But it was an interesting test.

So something to think about.

Augra, May 2, 2010 IP
  11. thebitbotdotcom

thebitbotdotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    If you look at where the tweets come from, most are just automated services that do not pay attention to your tweets. I actually have a blog post about it that has a tiny bit of research that I did if anybody is interested. You can find it here.

thebitbotdotcom, May 3, 2010 IP
  12. arnoldsmithh

arnoldsmithh Peon

Best Answers:
    People don't use twitter so much but if someone knows the marketing tool of twitter so then twitter is the best.

arnoldsmithh, May 3, 2010 IP
  13. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I use twitter every day, not always for marketing myself or products, but it does come in handy when you want to get a couple hundred views on a page in a matter of seconds.

Brandon Sheley, May 3, 2010 IP
  14. jazzd1

jazzd1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, i hear ya.. Yeah i think i'll spend my time wisely on something that i'm into..I don't even use my personal twitter account much less my other 3 main ones..I'm going to keep a couple of them though just in case i have a change in heart..To each his own they say..

jazzd1, May 3, 2010 IP
  15. Minanu Maen

Minanu Maen Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a feeling like everyone on twitter is internet marketer. Lot's of traffic there but not very high quality in my opinion.

-minanu

Minanu Maen, May 3, 2010 IP
  16. jazzd1

jazzd1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah i know..It seems like when a post is made, there's a tiny URL attatched to it.. Even on my Personal account..LOL

jazzd1, May 3, 2010 IP
  17. viralblasts

viralblasts Peon

Best Answers:
    I was into twitter until they kept banning my accounts for no reason, i had 1 account with over 15,000 followers and they banned me for no reason, so now i dont tend to use them.

viralblasts, May 3, 2010 IP
  18. b2cmother

b2cmother Peon

Best Answers:
    You need followers that really care about you or your website(business)

b2cmother, May 3, 2010 IP
  19. raycowie

raycowie Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should find an autotweet product, which will post tweets for you when you add a post to your blog or website. That way you don't have to keep going back there AND your follower list will grow on its own.

raycowie, May 4, 2010 IP
  20. markament

markament Peon

Best Answers:
    I post all my articles to Twitter using a free service called "Onlywire" I rarely look at what happens on twitter, but when I do, I see that there are usually several more subscribers.

markament, May 4, 2010 IP