1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help me choose my next Mobile Phone!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Smith15, Apr 29, 2010.

Hey Guys,

I need some help. I am planning to buy a new mobile phone next week and naturally I'm pretty confused. Although most people are recommending me BB or iphone, I'd like to know more opinions. Price is not a very big issue, I'd just like the cell to be classy (and not out of fashion very soon), WIFI, Camera (preferable 5mp) and touchscreen (preferable) and all of that.

there are some in my view right now - Samsung Omnia, Motorola Droid, iPhone as usual.

Thanks, will be very grateful to those who help me out...

Smith15, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  2. Gamerz1

Gamerz1 Peon

Best Answers:
    i will choose iphone if i was you one of the best phone out there

Gamerz1, Apr 29, 2010 IP
    Smith15 likes this.
  3. mikecriss

mikecriss Peon

Best Answers:
    have you tried Sprint PPC-6700

mikecriss, Apr 29, 2010 IP
    Smith15 likes this.
  4. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nokia introduced one of their toppers! Nokia N8 -- It has 12 MP Camera with amazing HD Recording Function it is Symbian 3rd Generation

jezzz, Apr 29, 2010 IP
    Smith15 likes this.
  5. extremepullups

extremepullups Peon

Best Answers:
    i would choose the iphone

extremepullups, Apr 29, 2010 IP
    Smith15 likes this.
  6. sunrise135

sunrise135 Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend Nokia to you.

sunrise135, Apr 29, 2010 IP
    Smith15 likes this.
  7. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Have you checked HTC series phones ??

DON.

deluxdon, Apr 30, 2010 IP
    Smith15 likes this.
  8. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I recently bought the IPhone without doubt the best bit of kit that i have had for a few years.

Mega B, Apr 30, 2010 IP
    Smith15 likes this.
  9. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you have to choose from those 3 then go for Iphone only.. Samsung and Motorola are not that good.

Or else you can wait for Nokia N8.

Digital_shubhi, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  10. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    I am using Samsung phone since last one and half year without having any problem. Why you are saying that Samsung in not that good ? Any specific reason behind that ?

DON.

deluxdon, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  11. tenev

tenev Active Member

Best Answers:
    from my personal experience i can say that Iphone battery time is much better than the Nokia ones :)

tenev, Apr 30, 2010 IP
    Smith15 likes this.
  12. directoryowner21

directoryowner21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Samsung Corby is the one thats very popular nowadays. But i'd like to stick to Nokia. You may also try the latest Sony Ericsson Cell Phones:)

directoryowner21, Apr 30, 2010 IP
    Smith15 likes this.
  13. Amitoops

Amitoops Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    go with htc because they r mini computer

Amitoops, May 1, 2010 IP
    Smith15 likes this.
  14. mo3tez

mo3tez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if i was you i ll choose the iphone

mo3tez, May 1, 2010 IP
  15. Smith15

Smith15 Guest

Best Answers:
    thank you all for the responses.

I haven't heard about Nokia N8 - I will google and see whats it all about.

yeah...HTC is the one on my mind at the moment! HTC HD2/ HTC hero/HTC Desire

About, iphone- i'm not quite sure...maybe I'd like something new and different (BUT GOOD)

Thanks for the response guys :)

Smith15, May 1, 2010 IP
  16. miamiron

miamiron Active Member

Best Answers:
    The iPhone is the most popular, most of the polls made by no Nokia will give you a longer battery life as well as trouble-free service.

If you just want reliability given no Nokia

All the best … Ron

miamiron, May 2, 2010 IP
    Smith15 likes this.
  17. focalpoynt

focalpoynt Peon

Best Answers:
    i have owned and used: htc touch pro, motorola rokr e6, blackberry pearl and 7630?, couple lg's,
    best phone i had was a sony erickson.
    iPhone? go look youtube - every site these days has flash on it but iPHone won't do that.
    windows 6.1 pro on the htc was the slowest i ever used. simbian rocks but that was 2 years ago i used.

i think more important is your plan and carrier. i got $7 a month replacement insurance on my bloody htc touch and sure enough, it was wise because i had my beautiful phone stolen but to replace was only $150.
    sorry, my punctuation is lazy.

so, i had plans with the snazzy data phones - htc bberry rokr etc - and limited to 500 mg or 1 gig plus voice plan plus insurance and it was always between $75 and $100 /mo on two or three year plans.

i just bought a samsung instinct(t746) for $50 on a two year plan. it is gsm(sim card - newish in canada) only 3 megpix camera and no flash but here comes the killer...

it is available as prepaid because it's a mobile browser so i pay $7 a month for unlimited internet and email and i mean full internet all graphics and i was at youtube watching music vids in the hd mode. this is 3g and is the fastest internet of all my smokng phones... i must say that iPhone is the fastest phone ive seen and windows smartphones the slowest even though htc had a 650 mhz processor.
    this phone takes 16g microSD, has 240X400 screen res, zoom + and - on browser, all touch and also widgets and hand writing to text recognition.
    no matter what phone you buy there will be something twice as smoking in three months.

that is why i finally wised up and got a cheep replaceable unit here because there will be stuff that blows iPhones and nokias all away within 6months.
    this phone, and i'm just using it as an example, does far more than any phone could two years ago and all but the most expensive ones from a year ago, it costs 1/3 as much, handles more media formats -

there is phonearena cnet and especially youtube(can't watch those on iPhone thoug haha) reviews.

focalpoynt, May 3, 2010 IP
    Smith15 likes this.
  18. Andy Lim

Andy Lim Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the iphone is more good and right for you who liked the touchscreen and classy .
    never mind with the old-fashioned, but this is about how you feel comfortable or not.
    if that phone is not comfortable with you.
    quickly you will definitely feel bored and think that your phone is outdated.

thanks.

Andy Lim, May 3, 2010 IP
    Smith15 likes this.
  19. focalpoynt

focalpoynt Peon

Best Answers:
    you want a smokin phone? buy one in six months! no matter what you get, there will be way cooler stuff within a few months, that's what i found.
    i had htc touch pro, 2 blackberries, moto rokr e6 - all $600+ phones. best one i ever bought is this samsung t746 instinct touch handwriting recognition $7 mobile browser .
    go to phonearena and cnet and youtube and get user and expert reviews and no matter what at most 6 months there'll be something way nicer.

by far, get a good plan cause that's what'll cost you way more than any iPhone that can't play youtube and flash.
    i like this phone better than any of my very high end others. it plays more media formats, has file browser, and im only out $200 if i want a better one in a few months or i lose it.
    get a fast phone with touch screen and voice commands. myself i won't ever use a keyboard again. it makes your phone twice as thick and heavy to carry.
    data plans suck. this mobile browser is $7 a month email youtube streaming media. zoom, widgets, $47/mo unlimtd 5pm to 7 nts wknds, incoming, texts, 100mn days .i go full bore medias sites, emails, whatever.

focalpoynt, May 3, 2010 IP
  20. Anthea

Anthea Guest

Best Answers:
    If budget is not the constraint than go for iPhone for sure...

Anthea, May 4, 2010 IP
    Smith15 likes this.