1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this a dumb plan for SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by livemusic, Apr 30, 2010.

For SEO of niche keywords, what about buying a couple dozen or so domains and building a site for each? As I continued to write content for these sites, I would be linking here and there to the other sites. I also could do some blogging. If I had, say, 24 sites, at least, I would have 24 real links. Dumb?

Do I need to have a separate hosting account for each domain or can I use one hosting account and hang other sites off of it?

Does having the sites link to each other help? I am writing each of these, yes, but the search engines don't know that if it's a separate hosting account. Problem is, separate hosting gets way more expensive.

Should I have one, big, main site and have the others feed links to it? (The other sites would be smaller.)

Is using a blog at blogger.com okay or should I use Wordpress or other software? Or would it just be better to add new pages to my sites instead of blogging?

Is having a phpbb forum okay? Meaning, are the posts indexed by the search engines?

I can't see how my business would do much good using social networking sites. It doesn't seem to be the type of niche market that uses social networking. Is it super important? I can think of a couple of angles. What is the goal there? To get links? Because if it's just to get consumers to "find me" through the social networking site, I can't see much of that happening with my type of niche site.

This SEO stuff is confusing to someone like me who is not an expert! Thanks for any advice.

livemusic, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  2. sunnysinglohia

sunnysinglohia Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes many big SEO companies actually own a network of 1000s of websites where links are spread. You can do that using your own little network. Google is very smart at finding out everything on the web.

sunnysinglohia, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  3. Indiego

Indiego Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have big budget to build your link with different hosting, surely you can build a quality backlink, but actually you can still build a linking to your main site with a different free blog such as wordpress, blogspot, quizilla, and many more

Indiego, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  4. Nichemasterflex

Nichemasterflex Active Member

Best Answers:
    I actually do this for a lot of my clients so you're on the right path.

Just be sure to use different hosting accounts and don't cross link any of the sites or else google can easily detect that it's a network

be sure to also link out to other sites other than just your own and also to authoritative sites whenever you can so link structure looks natural

it's a great strategy though and works really well - especially for niche keywords where there arent many good sites to get links from, just build your own!

HAve had great success with this and in the long run you not only save money since you don't have to go out and acquire any new links, plus if you do it well you can even make extra money from selling links or google adsense or something like blogsvertise/payperpost if you get PR and traffic

best of luck

Nichemasterflex, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  5. Balistix

Balistix Peon

Best Answers:
    I got another question falls under the same topic, what if say you have abc.com and you build another blog at abc.com/1, abc.com/2 abc.com/3 and link to each other, will there be any penalty from google because it falls under the same main domain or google will consider all links as seperate entity?

Balistix, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  6. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Despite what others have said in this thread - not necessarily.
    Firstly all the sites would have to be indexed, the page with the backlink would have to be indexed - and if the sites have no PR, and no backlinks other than each other - that could take months. Unless ypu're putting time and effort into promote all these sites, at best you've got 24 no PR backlinks. And 24 no PR backlinks are easy enough to get with a lot less effort than all this building new sites mallarkey.

magda, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  7. soneat

soneat Peon

Best Answers:
    Not a good idea IMHO
    Mainly because you are overcomplicating things + this would leave a huge footprint.
    It's better to set up multiple web 2.0 properties, using different email addresses and IPs (about 20 per email address) and then spread out your links with them. Then drive a ton of backlinks to those web 2.0 properties, in order for them to get crawled regularly (get an xrumer blast or get a script which would build backlinks automatically. PM me if you need help with this). This way you can, potentially, get an unlimited number of backlinks without the, comparably, huge investment that goes with multiple hosting accounts and different c-class entries.

soneat, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  8. rainier

rainier Peon

Best Answers:
    there nothing wrong withe that just don't over used it and as long as it wouldn't harm your site.;)

rainier, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  9. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you are going just for get websites hosted - Single account is enough
    If you are going to do cross linking in the future - Separate hosting account is not enough. You have to make sure each of your websites hosted under different class B+ ip at least.

It could help if each of them is not hosted in the same class IP between each other. If you are afraid of expensive cost then you should not think about this from the beginning. There is no cheap solution anyway.

It is a good plan. However, you have to promote each of them equally to see the benefits. All other website should have value in itself or the linking from them would be useless.

If your are going to have those free blogs for seo purpose then it's ok. You should have both of them along, add content to both free blogs and your website. Only unique and quality content preferred.

It's ok. Why the PHPBB forum will not be indexed by Google? The only disadvantage of PHPBB is the huge resources consumed.

Social bookmark is a short term for both linking and traffics. You cannot rely only with them anyway.

Sxperm, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  10. kuldep

kuldep Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing!!!

kuldep, May 1, 2010 IP
  11. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    It would be easier to get 1 domain and create a separate internal page for each keyword. Link building will be much easier this way. Building links for 24 domains is crazy. Not that it's impossible but it's a lot of work.

Just buy a hosting plan that allows you to host addon domains. This way you can host as many sites as you wish on the same hosting plan. Just make sure you don't create 100 sites on the same IP and heavily interlink them :D

Links from different IPs are better but even from the same IP will help you. Make sure to interlink only related sites. SEO hosting is the best solution but quite expensive.

That would be my suggestion.

You can install WordPress on your domains. It comes with a good site structure and it is SEO friendly right out of the box.

Search engines will index your PHPBB forum, why wouldn't they? But how are you going to feed the forum with members and content? That's the biggest problem with running a forum.

If you're not an expert in SEO I would suggest you to start small. Running a few dozens of domains, blogs and forums would be extremely time consuming task. Start small and expand later if everything goes well.

zexy, May 1, 2010 IP
  12. livemusic

livemusic Peon

Best Answers:
    I already have about a dozen sites done over the past two years, with some links from one to another and I have done pretty well, indeed. I just went back and looked at how this is hosted. I have one hosting plan and all of those sites are add-on domains! So, in this case, anyway, it doesn't seem that I need separate hosting accounts. Hmmm. I want to do what is best but getting a dozen sites hosted for $10/month... that sure beats a monthly fee for each site, if I were to host them all individually. However, in my business, each sale gives a hefty profit, so, being low-budget is not the utmost concern. If it matters. Decisions, decisions.

livemusic, May 1, 2010 IP
  13. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    In some ways one site is better building links to one will be much easier than 24. Pick a niche and create each page based on a set of keywords.

Having 24 sites is nice because you can have your own mini network but it can take time. This is my method. Forget the hosting plan that allows unlimited domains on this method each domain will need a unique IP for it to work. So it will cost you alot more

Forum posts tend to get indexed rather well much like blog posts it depends on how your forum is set up. Starting a forum can be rather difficult getting members. There are services out there that are rather reasonable that will get a forum started for you that is create a bunch of on topic posts. I have seen this a few years back and if you did not know you would never know.

Social networks are very important for backlinks and it is now and more so the future. Facebook recently surpassed google for traffic several weeks back so do not overlook social networks. I find them more important than link exchanges.

reapr, May 1, 2010 IP
  14. livemusic

livemusic Peon

Best Answers:
    In a nutshell, how do I use social networks? In my industry, participation on social networks is very low, I'd guess 95-99% of my potential customers are not involved in social networks. What could I do to help my sites?

livemusic, May 1, 2010 IP