1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Third party warranties for POS systems

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Dead Corn, Sep 12, 2006.

Does anyone know a third party warranty program worth a damn for a micros pos system? Currently I am paying close to five thousand per venue (two counter pos terminals) per year. That means at 20k for the system, I could just buy a new one every four years.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Dead Corn, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What's the manufacturers warranty on them?

For that price it almost seems worth it just to take the risk on one breaking.

As far as credit card machines go and my experience with POS systems, they usually break right out of the box or not at all. If they are already operating smoothly, they probably have 5 good years before they break as long as nobody spills a drink on them or anything.

jestep, Sep 13, 2006 IP
    eXe likes this.
  3. Dead Corn

Dead Corn Peon

Best Answers:
    Each year for the three years we have had these pos's they would have cost more than five thousand to repair. But, that being said, I recognise the need to have the warranties (manufacturer warranties last one year) yet want to save some money from such a ridiculous hands over the fire optionless nose bleed.

Any options you can offer?

Dead Corn, Sep 13, 2006 IP