1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

update phone number in Google Places or Google Profile

Discussion in 'Google' started by KathyAd, Apr 28, 2010.

Does anyone know how to update a company phone number listed in Google. When I go to Google, and enter a query that includes our company name and town, I then get a SERP that shows: my company name, address, and map of the address. However, the listing also includes my direct phone number, not the main phone number for the company. Does anyone know how to update this??? (ie. the URL I should go to, and the path to drill down.) I BELIEVE this is Google Places, not Google Profile?

When I log into Google Places, I do not see any links for updating our listing. I only see:
    Add a new business
    Upload a data file
    Settings (which just links to email preferences)
    Help
    Sign Out

I found this page google.com/support/places/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=75569 , which says something about Verification Methods. But that seems like a long process, and it does not tell me WHERE to access this. Ie. it says something abour receiving a PIN, but there is no form for requesting a PIN.

Thanks for any input!

KathyAd, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  2. PhilipSEO

PhilipSEO Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Does the result you see appear as a Google maps listing or a regular organic result. If the former, edit your listing in Google places. If the latter, if the info correct on your site? If not, correct it and wait for the page to re-index. If the info on the page is correct but incorrect into appears in the result's text snippet, it's because the new info has not been indexed yet -- just be patient.

I hope this helps!

PhilipSEO, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  3. abhi2.0

abhi2.0 Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like your phone number is coming from false information. Search from where that number is being displayed and contact him.

abhi2.0, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  4. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go to Google maps and search for the phone # it has listed currently. That will show you the Places listing. Then just claim it and change the phone #.
    That's all you need to do. The other advice above it not needed.

You'll need to then verify the listing and since you are changing the phone number they will not let you verify by phone, you'll have to verify by mail which can take a couple weeks.

Good luck!

5starAffiliates, May 12, 2010 IP