1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Indexed Pages are gone, what's wrong ?

Discussion in 'Google' started by wkcalvin, Apr 27, 2010.

This morning, I check Google webmaster tools, I can see 30s pages of my site indexed, few hour later, I login to see again

Indexed pages = 0........:confused:

What is wrong with Google or I get penalized ?

Please help

wkcalvin, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  2. vijayreddy1258

vijayreddy1258 Peon

Best Answers:
    No not like that, some times will happens! I will tell you one trick how to make Google index with in short period of time.

1. Create Account in identi.ca with some user name(It is Do Follow Micro Blogging site)
    2. Then your Identi.ca A/C will be crawled & Indexed with in sec
    3. Then Tweet your pages in the Identi.Ca A/C
    4. Don't Tweet many pages, Then Google will treat as spam
    5. So tweet 5 to 6 pages daily
    6. Then Your website links will be indexed very soon

If not lets go for another method

If you are operating Blogger/Wordpress then post your website links, then links will index very soon

Thanks
    Vijay Simha Reddy SEO Hyderabad

vijayreddy1258, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  3. udeze

udeze Member

Best Answers:
    I have noticed the same thing here, I think it's a common problem, let's hope it is not a serious problem

udeze, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  4. niku86

niku86 Peon

Best Answers:
    My friends,

I even don't know about webmaster tool..Is it free tool? How can we use?

Is there any details where I can read more about it?

Thanks in advance.

niku86, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  5. tipuwani

tipuwani Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeahh, this will happen sooner or later with those pages which don't have any links! so the key is to get links to those pages.Best practice will be using RSS directories like bloglines, mybloglog and as vijayreddy1258 said identi.ca can be used. You need links to all pages and RSS directories is best or Social bookmark or pinging to them is best!

tipuwani, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  6. animesh

animesh Active Member

Best Answers:
    It also happen with me in india with many sites
    I had 400 indexed
    then reduced to 300

and today it is showing 0 indexed pages in webmaster tool.

But which searching for site:domain.com it is still showing indexed pages in search

animesh, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  7. verdecove

verdecove Member

Best Answers:
    Same happened on my account. I think it's just another Google Glitch which will hopefully corrected soon.
    Google's Webmaster Tools is not as perfect as they are trying to make it look like.
    Something is going on with Google indexing pages. The amount of indexed pages for my site has declined steadily for the past about 3 months although we have added several hundred new items to the store. So it's not about the fresh content or the sites not being updated.

Type in Google Search the following:
    Site:YourSiteUrl and you will see what pages Google has indexed and what pages are cached.

I expect indexed pages to show up in webmaster tools before long again and maybe the number even will increase again since the Google Bot crawls my site daily and sometimes even several times a day. I just don't know if they always index something or if it's just a crawling to check if certain pages have new content and have been updated.
    For eCommerce sites like online stores this is anyway a problem, since a store usually doesn't change it's entire inventory several times a year and some products might be in the inventory for a year or even longer.

BTW, here is question to other store owners...
    how do you handle urls for products you have deleted because they got discontinued and if you have a page for e.g new arrivals (or similar) and you move those products later in the accordingly right category, do you always write a redirection?

Cheers
    verdecove

verdecove, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  8. walkingstick

walkingstick Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup - nearly had a heart attack when I saw the "0" count - looks like a known Google bug/issue and sounds like they're working on it:
    Known issue... I'd post the link but can't yet post live links -- but comes from webmaster-forum-announcements blog via Google Support
    Sitemaps indexed URL count showing zero indexed URLs
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 | 2:11 AM
    The indexed URL counts for Sitemaps that you have submitted in Webmaster Tools may be showing zero (0) indexed URLs for some sites. We are aware of this issue and are looking into it; you do not need to take any action. This will have no effect on your site's performance in search results.

walkingstick, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  9. Flashnest

Flashnest Peon

Best Answers:
  10. fatstripping

fatstripping Peon

Best Answers:
    It must be some kind of issue or big cos i experienced similar problem 2 days ago but it seems to have sorted itself out now

fatstripping, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  11. verdecove

verdecove Member

Best Answers:

12. craig105

craig105 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same thing happened to me today I checked and I have 0 indexed URLs now. It must be a glitch.

craig105, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  13. verdecove

verdecove Member

Best Answers:
    Mine is back and with more indexed pages as in a long time. as per yesterday I had less than 400 pages indexed (per webmaster tool) and now it's up to 1758 out of 2580. Last time I had 2000 indexed pages was in Dec. 2009. I sure hope this number is for real and not another glitch.

Cheers
    verdecove

14. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just because your pages are not showing as being indexed doesn't always mean that they have been removed. The best way to do this is to build a small amount of backlinks each day. Just post 5 posts here at DP which is crawled hourly by google and providing you have a signature link to your site (which you have) google will quickly crawl your pages again. Also build backlinks to internal pages not just you main landing page

lightlysalted, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  15. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have to say it is happens to all over my websites regardless to how well link building or authority status. I think the major update is going on and something big is coming. How can your indexed pages come to zero overnight? Especially when you have your website verified via Google Webmaster Tools already and no error on your side. It is impossible.

Sxperm, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  16. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
  17. fixesign

fixesign Member

Best Answers:
    yes, it also to me

fixesign, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  18. mye-corporation

mye-corporation Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as your pages are still in a regular google search, pay no mind to webmaster tools, they change that all the time.

mye-corporation, Apr 29, 2010 IP