1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If you could do it all?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by totalx90, Apr 23, 2010.

If you could design/code/promote your own website what kind of website would you create?

I'm having a hard time deciding what type of website to start. I eventually want to make money off it with cpalead/adsense.

i would love to hear your input :)

thank uou

totalx90, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  2. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely some kind of dropshipping site with a fully integrated email system for follow-ups. I don't know crap about coding, and it's holding me back real bad from making serious money in the whole "work from home" world...

Pixelrage, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  3. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    after 13 years of full time web publishing on ONE site ...
    I would do it all over again the very same way with just some minor corrections ( like better selection of SEF folder names, improved site security from the very beginning, earlier move from hosted to dedicated server, etc )

I started within my own limits ... meaning I did what I knew to do and learned new stuff as I realized need for improvements or need for progress
    as years went by I kept spending hundreds of hours learning to improve and to stay FREE and independent from OTHER sources of help for good reasons and for maximum efficiency. year after year the site grew - with some 5000 hrs of work earh year for content creating etc

every single time I tried to outsource some time consuming work, I soon realized that there is NO out-source as reliable as an owner of a site ever can be. hence EVERY outsource attempt proved to be a mistake so far.

the only outside help I had a few times and enjoyed, was the now and then help of trustworthy friends. i made sure this only is for minor parts and never turns into OTHERS doing MY work

start small and grow your site as YOU grow in your knowledge and skills
    make sure you always KNOW what you do BEFORE you do it
    UNDERSTAND what you do, why you do it a particular way and make sure the advice you follow comes from experienced sources with proof of success on their own OLD site as a record of success and knowledge

avoid listening to sources without own site, like SEO "experts" on free blogs or even without own site ....
    be ready to invest your life and make sure you ONLY do what you love to do from the bottom of your heart and soul

forget the money making and focus on happy making ... focus on making OTHERS happy, to be a source of help and relief in life for other people
    and ultimately the rewards will pore in at the right time as your efforts keep helping and improveing life and work of millions each year

hans, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  4. elisem72

elisem72 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing really holds me back except for the fact that I can't code an entire website by myself. I use Dreamweaver and a lot of Wordpress blogs and taught myself how to manipulate some HTML and CSS to change things. Works pretty well for me!

elisem72, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  5. totalx90

totalx90 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hear ya. not being able to code a great design is really hindering and just right down annoying.

totalx90, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  6. beccalynn77

beccalynn77 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it might be helpful to know what the purpose of your website will be (what are you trying to promote or sell?). Knowing that might help get more specific advice here.

beccalynn77, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  7. IM42

IM42 Peon

Best Answers:
    Id do something your passionate about. You could do a content based site with a nice design and get traffic from the search engines for your adsense revenue.

IM42, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  8. Noahdeck

Noahdeck Guest

Best Answers:
    Niche based websites are best to start. Start generating articles revolving around your targeted keywords and do it regularly for about 2-5 articles a day. Once you've created enough content on your first few pages, you can now market your articles via Ezine, ArticleDashboard, etc for additional traffic and rankings. Also, if you're not able to produce lots of contents, you can outsource it considering your virtual staff will work for you full time and be paid on a monthly basis so you can better manage your expenses.

I recommend you hire professional and yet cheap writers via oDesk or Bestjobs.ph. I have hired my team through these websites and so far everything works well in the process and I'm yielding big results now as I work with them longer. :)

Noahdeck, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  9. extremephp

extremephp Peon

Best Answers:
    I would Go For a Blog Or an Bidding Website Or A Freelancing Site which where freelancers and people who need them can have bids and more..!

That Would make us serious money..! My last 2 clients made me install PhpbidPro for the same purpose :) i think there are a lot of freelance sites coming up :(

extremephp, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  10. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pick a niche, become an expert and start blogging away -- or simply writing tutorials, etc. People love content and if you know what you're talking about you can create a nice following. After that it simply takes consistency and the ability to know how to pick offers that match the content. :)

clenard, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  11. Julamo

Julamo Peon

Best Answers:
    I can design/code/promote and the most important for me is to stay in a niche where you can deal with digital products, as opposed to physical products. When dealing with physical products, unless you're dropshipping, you have to worry about storage, shipping, and all that annoying stuff. Much better in my opinion to stay focused on selling ebooks, videos, softwares and all kinds of digital products.

Julamo, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  12. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you can design/code/promote the website, then you shall only consider which is the niche you are familiar or more knowledgeable.
    Without the quality content, the website wouldnt stay long, so choosing the right niche is important.

lifeplayer, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  13. LuckySamurai

LuckySamurai Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A website about your passion. Something you truly believe in and truly love to work with every day for the rest of your life.

LuckySamurai, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  14. mitchwah

mitchwah Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree about making a site about what you are passionate about. I started a few niche blogs that I thought are good for monetization. After a while I abandoned it because I just can't immerse myself into it. If you really love the topic, researching and blogging about it would be a joy. The monetization will follow and will be a natural progression.

mitchwah, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  15. r1freak

r1freak Peon

Best Answers:
    it takes time for the progression to kick in. I wish you best of luck in your campaigns

r1freak, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  16. lmsportal

lmsportal Peon

Best Answers:
    From this thread I got great information..!! & also great experience..!!

lmsportal, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  17. desperateboy

desperateboy Peon

Best Answers:
    I will start to create website which i know i can handle better like i know seo means i will provide seo services

desperateboy, Apr 27, 2010 IP