1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article poaching

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by spoonpants, Apr 25, 2010.

I have recently started a poker blog and I am writing my own articles, i recently noticed a track back to my blog and went and had a look at it, to find that the person had copied and pasted my entire article and then placed a small text link to my site at the bottom of his article. I requested he remove the article and contact me if he required paid new poker articles.

However I was wondering what legal options I have in regards to this it seems that every article on this site is just copied and pasted from another. I am guessing this is a problem that most people have been through before it does annoy me a great deal as now I am wondering if he is going to poach every article I write.

spoonpants, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  2. Law-Dude

Law-Dude Active Member

Best Answers:
    You could file a DMCA takedown notice with his host if he continues to use your copyrighted material. There's a free DMCA notice formatter in my signature line.

You could also complain to the ad services he runs on his website. For example, if he uses AdSense, you can click on the little icon in the corner of the ad and report him for using your copyrighted content. They might ban his account.

Law-Dude, Apr 27, 2010 IP
    spoonpants likes this.
  3. ColorWP.com

ColorWP.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Send official DMCA notices to him, his hosting, his domain registrar, any ad companies he uses on his site, and the popular search engines.

ColorWP.com, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  4. Imbo

Imbo Member

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you have RSS feeds activated on your site. Perhaps try turning them off, if you do not want your articles "syndicated"

Imbo, Apr 27, 2010 IP
    spoonpants likes this.
  5. ColorWP.com

ColorWP.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Or just offer limited content in the RSS feed. That won't stop people from manually copying your content though.

ColorWP.com, Apr 27, 2010 IP
    spoonpants likes this.
  6. spoonpants

spoonpants Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the help guys I am going to edit my rss feeds to try and avoid future problems and do the DMCA takedown notices.

spoonpants, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  7. dmca

dmca Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    For $99 you can have DMCA.com take care of this issue quickly and professionally. If you're interested more in prevention then you can put a button/logo on your page to help scare off the thieves. Link to buttons

dmca, May 4, 2010 IP