1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[Rant] "Auction" should not end if I don't ask it to!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Helvetii, Apr 26, 2010.

Unless you can link it to a paypal button and make the bidders pay before confirming their bid there's just no excuse to close down the auction because xyz thinks that pressing the BIN button is funny. One can report them sure but one can't make another thread. Whats more funny is that even when I don't select it to be an auction, I get a mail saying "Your Auction has ended" and the thread is pushed to the bottom.

If you don't have any idea about the number of fake bids then let me give it to you. I have 40+ threads in BST and more than 80% end up attracting fake BIN presses. within a few hours. That is after I post this in all my threads.

So if my actual suggestion was lost somewhere above, here it is again: Please don't end the sale unless the OP marks it as sold or the time runs out and if that not possible then when we select Auction type as none give us the option of not having the BIN button at all.

Helvetii, Apr 26, 2010 IP
    Skribblez likes this.
  2. ChrisMiller

ChrisMiller Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Helvetii if I could Rep you again I would but I have to "spread it around a little". This is what have turned me off from making Auctions because I am afraid of someone placing a false bid and then I end up in the same place I started.

ChrisMiller, Apr 26, 2010 IP
    Helvetii likes this.
  3. Skribblez

Skribblez Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I got the same idiot that made a fake BIN on your site, make a fake BIN bid on mine.

It is quite annoying when things like this happen and I'm hoping the staff can do something about it.

Skribblez, Apr 26, 2010 IP
    Helvetii and sawz like this.
  4. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Repped you back :)

That makes it four of us. Seems like he enjoys pressing the BIN and ending sales. http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=414043 (and there are MANY like him)

My Sales thread lasted only 2 hours before it was marked sold. His username suggests to me that he's a 6 year old.

And before Shawn says that "you can cancel a fake bid" then well we can't be monitoring the thread 24X7

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
    Helvetii, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  5. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well I found out a work around to not have a BIN button at all by not entering a BIN price at all. Mention it in your thread instead.

Helvetii, Apr 28, 2010 IP
    Abhik likes this.