1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Googles View on Duplicate content

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by enigma104, Apr 26, 2010.

Okay so say I own SITE A and i have a partnership with SITE B...both have the same page rank. On site A i post a new article everyday. Site B wants to syndicate the article on their own main page, they will use anchor text in the articles back to SITE A.

So basically SITE B gets some content and SITE A gets the backlinks......SITE B does not want to spin the articles, is this bad in the eyes of google or good?

enigma104, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  2. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google's Duplicate content is a myth, but if there are any doubts out there - I post an article to my site, let Google find it first before I do anything else, usually takes about 3 minutes. Once Google has it in their Search Engine, I then submit that same article to several other article directories, website, blogs, forums and so-on. Every now and then, I change the title of the article when I submit elsewhere.

Otherwise, I still think its a myth as far as getting penalized, sandboxed or anything else of that nature.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
    GuruCreation, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  3. sevnrock

sevnrock Peon

Best Answers:
    The only way this is bad is if Site B is better than your site and ranks higher for those articles. (which is unlikely)

Otherwise, nothing is bad here.

sevnrock, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  4. 1associate

1associate Peon

Best Answers:
    It would take a bit more time but I reckon if you added a paragraph of unique text to each article you'd do better in the long run. I'd always use different titles so they come up in different and the same searches.

1associate, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  5. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not since caffeine. Now Google de-indexes pages that it finds are clearly syndicated, in favor of the original article.

They don't do it right away, and they don't do it 100% of the time. But they DO de-index syndicated content frequently.

selectsplat, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  6. neekyme

neekyme Peon

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't care about duplicate content, but what they don't want it also. It can't really tell which was the copy and which was the original. The penalty applied to "duplicate" sites is that only the original version of the page gets listed in the search engine and the duplicates content don't get listed at all.

neekyme, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  7. blogger2006

blogger2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there is nothing wrong about it, your linking to the original article and that's what Google needs regarding syndication (Google on Duplicate Content).

blogger2006, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  8. mediaseo

mediaseo Peon

Best Answers:
    nothing's wrong but i'll suggest that much better if you will rewrite your article

mediaseo, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  9. seoasset

seoasset Guest

Best Answers:
    My experience so far tells that duplicate content is not true. But to be sure, I just create unique content every time. This will give you more benefit such as indexing fast, etc.

seoasset, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  10. AirForce1

AirForce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    If the contents of site B are identical to site A and only outbound links to same certain site, I think both sites would be punished but this is not a duplicate content issue. Google is easily in finding out such cloning sites only for backlinking purpose, IMO.

Thanks,

AirForce1, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  11. selectsplat

Best Answers:
    Here's what Google says ...

selectsplat, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  12. selectsplat

Best Answers:
    You are grossly underestimating Google if you don't think they can tell which was the original. The simplest and easiest way to tell is that the syndicated content usually contains a link to the original. They also have an archive of every webpage of both sites.

Believe me, Google DOES care about duplicate content. They intend to de-index the millions of useless 'build for adsense' sites out there that are nothing but syndications of other websites. They want to get rid of these sites becuase they hurt the quality of Google search results.

selectsplat, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  13. terencelewis

terencelewis Peon

Best Answers:
    Duplicate content issue varies on various factors.

terencelewis, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  14. Sofialovesforex

Sofialovesforex Peon

Best Answers:
    In order to get indexed easily it is always better to have a unique content, duplicate content will be recognized by Google search engine some or the other day!

Sofialovesforex, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  15. seonewbie2010

seonewbie2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've checked a lot of material regarding Duplicate content and the result I got is that Google doesn't penalize duplicate content, it just filters it.

seonewbie2010, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  16. Thomasan

Thomasan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing the information...

Thomasan, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  17. herbal

herbal Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that nothing seems to be wrong unless and until you have better page rank...

herbal, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  18. PageRanked

PageRanked Member

Best Answers:
    I have ranked many websites to the top with copied content. I dont think you will have any problems.

PageRanked, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  19. bettaone

bettaone Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you aware that when the Google bots crawl your site that if you changed a word within ever 17 words, the bots do not regard it as duplicate? That is not hard to do,

bettaone, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  20. ronmac

ronmac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    google loves static duplicate content that can be copied on all your domains - they reward you with an adwords voucher and a PR of 9 on all your sites.............okay perhaps not.

I believe its just filtered out, think google gave you a whack before but now it appears thats not the case.

ronmac, Apr 27, 2010 IP