1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is paying for a dedicated IP address worth it?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by QCwriter, Apr 25, 2010.

I've used the same web hosting company for five years with no problems. But lately, when I view my site through any browser window, another site is displayed after I close my site (click the X in the top right corner). And it's not a site that I was looking at previously.

So I'm wondering if I got a dedicated IP address if that would make the other site underneath mine not appear anymore? Does this make sense to anyone?

Thanks,
    Candace - QCWriter

QCwriter, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It has nothing to do with a shared or dedicated IP. It sounds like your computer has a virus that is opening a popup window.

mjewel, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  3. extremephp

extremephp Peon

Best Answers:
    No.. No..!

A dedicated IP would do anything like that..!

May be you are having some Full page ads..! :)

Or there would be any codes making a full page ads somewhere in your site which makes it happens so..!

Thats not the issue with adedicated IP and for the purpose you wont need to buy one and spent your money..!

Spent the same money to a coder to fix the problem...! I can do it if you want..! :) Just if you trust me :)

extremephp, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  4. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This problem is due to your hosting provider.
    Try change to new hosting then you'll not get this problem again.

mentos, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  5. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That seems to something like pop-up try asking to your hosting provider regarding this problem, that has nothing to do with dedicated IP.

Serious Workers, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  6. ~ServerPoint~

~ServerPoint~ Banned

Best Answers:
    First of all contact your web hosting company and kindly ask them to explain things for you.

~ServerPoint~, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  7. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Above one already gives excellent explanation already. I would add a little more. Even the problem has nothing to do with dedicated IP issue but when you ask them a question, you will likely to be convinced by them purchasing a dedicated IP for reasons. I would recommend you stand on the point and do not being foolish by them anyway.

P.S. I do think the problem is about some adware or malware infection and has nothing to do with web hosting issues.

Sxperm, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  8. QCwriter

QCwriter Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you to everyone who provided me with information. I truly appreciate your taking the time to explain things to me. Now I can call my hosting company tomorrow and not be swayed by a possible upsell for something that won't resolve the problem.

I will run a full scan on my computer tonight, too, to make sure there are no viruses or malware monsters lurking anywhere.

I'll report back here towards the end of the week with my results. Maybe this will provide answers to anyone else who has the same or a similar problem.

Again, thanks so much.

Candace

QCwriter, Apr 26, 2010 IP